HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wolfman was due to come out this year=Wolfman house
Cirque du Freak is out this month=scarezone
Saw VI due this month=house
So, lots of good synergy here right? $$$
What is due to come out next year?
Can Universal still use New Line characters? New Nightmare on Elm Street movie is out next year. What else comes out? I have no idea, just thinking ahead.

I believe the contract is up this year, so they wouldn't be able to bring them back unless they attempt to renew.

I’m going to HHN this Thursday. This will be my only trip to the event this year, so I want to maximize my experience. I am planning on being at the main gate before opening to get an early start on the event. Does anyone have any strategies on how to best utilize my time during my six hours of HHN?

yea. If you don't plan on waiting in extremely long lines I'd say you MUST buy an Express Pass. However, if you're going to be there again (next day, few weks later) I'd say forget the pass because you could always hit whatever you miss the next time. :thumbs:

OH, and if you don't op for the pass try to hit all the big ones first, in my opinion these would be Saw, Silver Screams, and wolfman. B+T for me is a must, but kills a good 30-40 mins of your trip so if you're deadset on seeing ALL the houses you should skip it. If you have extra time though you should definently try to squeeze it in.

Happy Hauntings and be sure to let us know how HHN 19 was.

:wave:

I’m going to HHN this Thursday. This will be my only trip to the event this year, so I want to maximize my experience. I am planning on being at the main gate before opening to get an early start on the event. Does anyone have any strategies on how to best utilize my time during my six hours of HHN?

You're gonna have to wait in some lines. The question is how long. From what I've seen in my first 3 trips here's what I'd suggest. I'm coming this Thursday too with friends who are only coming once so this is what I'm gonna try with them too.

1.Gates open at 6:30pm, bullcrap, they will be open at 5:45 or 6pm at the latest, be there early and through the metal detectors before that.

2. I'd go straight to Saw first, that line gets long fast and never goes down. From there I would go to Spawning, Chucky, and Silver Screams. The line for Chucky gets crazy the later the night goes and the posted wait time of 45 minutes was actually over 2 hours-trust me I know this because I stood in the damn thing. Plus don't waste time in the scarezones while it's light outside, they are soooo much better in the dark!!

3. Depending on what time it is you may want to catch Bill and Ted. I am not a Rocky Horror fan so I skip that, to each his own though.

4. At this point the main crowds will have passed the soundstage houses and are amassing towards Saw. I would go through cirque du freak, Horrorwood Die In, Chainsaws, Containment, and then into Wolfman, Dracula, and Frankenstein.

5. After that check out War of the living dead, Apocalypse if you want to waste your time, then head to Leave it to Cleaver. Cleaver seems to have the shortest overall wait times and really only is bad right after the Rocky Horror show lets out since it's right next to the entrance.

I'll be wearing a black Ghostbusters shirt (yep, I'm a nerd, lol), and more than likely have beer in hand, ha! Feel free to come say hello or hang out with our rowdy crowd! :lol:

If anyone else has other gameplan ideas please share!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kechupp
Does anyone have a scan of the HHN event brochure for a Thursday? It would be cool to see it to help plan my evening; especially if it has show times for B&T and Rocky.

You're gonna have to wait in some lines. The question is how long. From what I've seen in my first 3 trips here's what I'd suggest. I'm coming this Thursday too with friends who are only coming once so this is what I'm gonna try with them too.

1.Gates open at 6:30pm, bullcrap, they will be open at 5:45 or 6pm at the latest, be there early and through the metal detectors before that.

2. I'd go straight to Saw first, that line gets long fast and never goes down. From there I would go to Spawning, Chucky, and Silver Screams. The line for Chucky gets crazy the later the night goes and the posted wait time of 45 minutes was actually over 2 hours-trust me I know this because I stood in the damn thing. Plus don't waste time in the scarezones while it's light outside, they are soooo much better in the dark!!

3. Depending on what time it is you may want to catch Bill and Ted. I am not a Rocky Horror fan so I skip that, to each his own though.

4. At this point the main crowds will have passed the soundstage houses and are amassing towards Saw. I would go through cirque du freak, Horrorwood Die In, Chainsaws, Containment, and then into Wolfman, Dracula, and Frankenstein.

5. After that check out War of the living dead, Apocalypse if you want to waste your time, then head to Leave it to Cleaver. Cleaver seems to have the shortest overall wait times and really only is bad right after the Rocky Horror show lets out since it's right next to the entrance.

I'll be wearing a black Ghostbusters shirt (yep, I'm a nerd, lol), and more than likely have beer in hand, ha! Feel free to come say hello or hang out with our rowdy crowd! :lol:

If anyone else has other gameplan ideas please share!

This is pretty much a perfect gameplan for anyone going for one night.

Trust the Snoman peeps :thumbs:

I'm stealing this speculation from Screamscape - but thought it interesting enough to hear what you guys think......

It was mentioned, since Harry Potter will be open by then, that some are wondering if maybe Universal will take another shot at Islands of Adventure for home to HHN 20. What do you guys think? Good idea, or bad? I have to admit, the thought of a HHN-ified Potter land sounds tempting......

Rowling will probably not allow it.

That actually made me think of another possible route: What if Universal offered a kid-friendly, "Not-So-Scary" competition halloween event that could run in conjunction at IoA (specifically in Potter land, since Potter is very halloween-ish themed)? That way, no matter what the age group, Uni would have something to offer at halloween? Not to mention, if anything could draw the kiddie crowd from Disney at halloween, it would be Potter. And I think Rowling would be on-board, because it would be true to her vision......

kinda an off the wall comment but just so ya'll know tomorrow will probablly seem like a peak night because all the local kids have friday off.

That actually made me think of another possible route: What if Universal offered a kid-friendly, "Not-So-Scary" competition halloween event that could run in conjunction at IoA (specifically in Potter land, since Potter is very halloween-ish themed)? That way, no matter what the age group, Uni would have something to offer at halloween? Not to mention, if anything could draw the kiddie crowd from Disney at halloween, it would be Potter. And I think Rowling would be on-board, because it would be true to her vision......

That's the most logical thing, but knowing Universal, they won't. But it would be extremely awesome.

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that this was something already in the plans. Either way it would be a huge waste if this type of event was not offered at some point.

Simplayer, the $69.99 ticket price has been set in place for all 23 nights, meaning the tickets have not increased/decreased. If you are talking about discounts and what not, can you please show us where you got the information? Until then, the standard price for the remaining nights of HHN has always been and will be $69.99.