What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '19: Spirits & Demons of the East

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Sacred antiquities have just been shipped over from the Far East, and they didn’t come alone. Many of these artifacts were stolen from ancient temples and carry angry spirits with them. Now the spirits roam New York Street, looking to exact vengeance on anyone who would dare steal such sacred relics. Be careful out there, these powerful demons can look like anything – even innocent school children.

Scare Zones announced for Halloween Horror Nights 2019 at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal

I'm Chinese, so this sounds dope as all hell. Bring on the Jiangxi!

Edit: I REALLY hope this comes as an original maze next year. It could be their next Urban Legends lineup!

I'm in a very similar boat to rage TBH.

This sounds like it could be an amazing maze concept, and I hope the scarezone does enough of a positive level of love to earn a Holdiayz in Hell level conversion.

Thank god we finally got Asian demons to the event. A lot of freaky designs to work with depending how all out they go(Slit Mouth Woman would be cool but probably not coming)

Thank god we finally got Asian demons to the event. A lot of freaky designs to work with depending how all out they go(Slit Mouth Woman would be cool but probably not coming)

Hope this baby shows up:

Kaiki-choju_Xiang-liu.jpg

Okay, more realistically, something like these:

jiangshi_by_doctorchevlong_dc4xstj-pre.jpg
Wu-Chang-201x300.png

Good point...
Also, my biggest problem is what if it's too small to be effective? New York zones aren't that big...
I have a feeling it'll be fine, Trick r Treat was much smaller than Hellz Harvest, and to me it was a much more memorable zone, and considering this is in the same location I think it will be similar.

Watching Midsummer right now, and it's insane. They're using these masks (first photo):

ec6dcf7751ab6324c28acf45d238a494.jpg

I remember these effing masks lol. That's insaaaaaaaaane.

Last edited:
Tbh, im kinda dissapointed there's no Japanese urban legends in here. I mean, there's a crap ton that'll work so well for a zone or haunt.