1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN '19: Us

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Aug 7, 2019.

1. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

Also, there would be no guarantee that the guest's face would be at the correct angle and would fill the entire frame of the mirror. And the scareactor and the guest would have to keep their head perfectly level as well to make that work. Would probably end up looking more like the figure from the end of Meshes of the Afternoon, which granted would definitely still be plenty creepy.

Another idea could maybe be having a fake Universal employee get attacked by a tethered version of themselves?

2. viking_wizard_eyes

viking_wizard_eyes Rookie

I'm actually not convinced that we need to see tethered versions of ourselves in this maze in order for it to be successful. It isn't often that an HHN maze is designed to like, "put you in the movie." Sometimes that happens, but more often than not, the audience doesn't take on the perspective of someone in the story, we're just experiencing the stories in a more four-dimensional way.

The team just needs to focus on re-creating the atmosphere and bringing those amazing set pieces to life, not devise a way create individual doppelgängers for everyone who goes through the maze.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

Well now I know what Meshes of the Afternoon is, that was a fun trip.

Blackout Tethereds would be a fun idea. Maybe also the thing they do at Orlando where someone in the line gets attacked.

Wrt the mirror, it's not a perfect system, but I was thinking more in terms of "give a split second to where they see their necks sort of align with the jumpsuit" and then they jump out of the mirror and scare them as just a jump suit with a black hood for a head, instead of trying to find a way to make it the doppelganger while the actor is in motion. If the actor is holding still, people might think they're a mannequin and actually try to align their necks with the hole themselves, before they jump out at them. Again, as long as it's too fast to scrutinize and the actor is average height, people won't sweat it too much and they should be able to get a good scare in.

It's just a new twist on the "pretend you're a mannequin and freak people out" thing that HHN has been doing for a while. Since people have probably gone to Haunted Mansion at DL, most will probably think it's just a fun photo-op with the dummy to make it look like you have a doppelganger, not an actual person.

Yeah, but it's still fun to think about.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Dr. Herbert West and hhnlover like this.
  4. Dr. Herbert West

Dr. Herbert West Newcomer

You're welcome/I'm so sorry.

cdogsumo and rageofthegods like this.
  5. rageofthegods

Don't be, it's like Lynch without the need for a bathroom break or intermission lol.

Dr. Herbert West likes this.
  6. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Oh, im a dumb dumb. When you said "like the Invisible Man effect", i thought you meant the actor will wander the room to scare. But the way you explained it, i'll actually like to see it.

rageofthegods likes this.
  7. rageofthegods

Oh no lol, guess I should've explained it better. Though that would be funny to see lmao.

hhnlover likes this.
  8. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Member

Lets face it we are going to have a bunch of scare actors in Red jumpsuits with scissors in a bunch of boo holes. Like Halloween last year.

9. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I just realized that because they're doing the fun house in the movie, this might be the first time HHN does a true mirror maze segment at the event.

KreepyKarpy and hhnlover like this.
  10. DTH

DTH Member

What about Clowns 3D?

11. KreepyKarpy

KreepyKarpy Rookie

Clowns 3D had a Hall of Mirrors. I wouldn’t exactly count that as a mirror maze.

hhnlover likes this.
  12. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Clowns had rooms with a mirror on the wall...that's not a mirror maze.

13. horrornights789

horrornights789 Veteran Member

I’d compare it more to House of Horrors’ Psycho section; which was easily the scariest part of the maze for me. If it’s anything like that it should be good

hhnlover likes this.
  14. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

I have a feeling most of the mirror maze will be closer to Clowns 3D than anything else, since having an actual mirror maze could back up the pulsing of the maze if people walk too slow through it or run into mirrors.

15. rageofthegods

Aren't y'all forgetting the ending of Halloween 2015?

16. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member

17. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

I wonder why they said no pictures.
    Edit -
    oh that's not good.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  18. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Context clues tell us it isn't photo-ready. Us and Pandora's Box started last, so they'll be ready last.

19. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

Its probably not as bad of a sign as it seems, since the tours usually occur a while before places are allowed to post them, so hopefully everything will be ready to go by next week, especially since Us was at least done enough for them to show press.

20. HHNManics

HHNManics Veteran Member