HHN 2024: News & Info | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of his responses for an IP was Hello Kitty :lol:
I can see it

I've been hearing that from people for yearssssss -- "last year sucked, I didn't get on anything, I don't want to go this year." "You go to that? Aren't the lines always like 2 hours long? How is that worth it?" "Knotts is scarier, HHN is the same thing every year, you can see the scares from a mile away." "Ghostbusters isn't scary." "Why is there a Weeknd maze? Who would want to go through that?" "That's way too expensive, Fright Fest is way cheaper (in the past)."

I'd love nothing more than HHN to finally have to address hundreds of concerns that even us die-hard fans have had by evolving into a better event. Perhaps a bad attendance year is what we need. If they don't fail, they don't learn. Considering this year isn't the best anyway, maybe it's the perfect time for them to fail. Everything wrong with the event is on heavy display more than usual (aside from the lines lol). I took a survey today, let them know my thoughts, and was brutally honest -- I doubt it'll make a difference and more than likely, attendance will pick back up at least slightly by this weekend, but one can hope there's meetings going on already about how they have to change some things to wow people next year.
This is what I hear from everyone now. Lines are too long. I for one think the event got too big.. as in having us walk from the lower lot to h lot and then back to upper lot. Not as bad as the metro sets I guess but I liked that area better than H lot. (Sorry double post)

Any guesses as to what the IP was and what got thrown in? I think it's clear Weeknd and Quiet Place were planned from the start. Insidious had a movie last year and Ghostbusters had a movie this year, so I don't think it was them. That leaves TCM, but from Murdy's presentation, it seemed there was some fairly heavy talks with the rights holders. Monstrous 2 and Monsters they've been doing consistently. Dead Exposure is the only outliet, but they did start construction on it first.

^Yeah that would make sense.

I don’t want to go down the debate of why they won’t do this (We already know why) but with how “light” this year was with IPs they should’ve done Terrifier.

Would it be reasonable to guess that FNAF was originally going to be SS12 and Bloodlines was going to be Mummy, then they decided Dead Exposure would be a weird choice for a soundstage, so they switched some things around? Just basing that entirely off of nothing ofcourse lol

Insidious would be my next guess and I can see that making sense. Maybe that's why this year's mazes are...a little softer? Reminds me of Stranger Things in 2018 where nothing was too extreme. TCM being the most gross out of the bunch, but it's an easy property to just throw in.