HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the only reason they do this to drive sales of alcohol in their park? They don’t seem care about people getting absolutely wasted inside the event if it’s at their bars lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Yeah, I think this is an unfortunate but common policy — though at many sports stadiums in Los Angeles (BMO Field being one of them) you can still bring in sealed water bottles. Theme parks in general, but certainly in Southern California, need to upgrade their water fountain infrastructure. It's not going to get any cooler.
Funny thing is, at least as of last year anecdotally, Knotts Scary Farm straight up doesnt care about sealed water bottles, brought 2 in no problem whatsoever. Between that and knotts' updated scanners I really gotta wonder why USH is still like 10 years behind on their security infrastructure.

Is the only reason they do this to drive sales of alcohol in their park? They don’t seem care about people getting absolutely wasted inside the event if it’s at their bars lol
Honestly I doubt it, people can get hammered for a fraction of the cost at Antojitos or Margaritaville, so I really do think its just legal red tape.

Reactions: bdubsCEO
Honestly I doubt it, people can get hammered for a fraction of the cost at Antojitos or Margaritaville, so I really do think its just legal red tape.
I think it can be both

They get to sell crap for 20 bucks and red tape

I do hope CA makes a law, where you can carry Water anywhere. I'm sorry this is just the start of the heat coming to CA each year will just see mostly hotter and hotter years and I think if you are bringing in the giant and I mean giant things of water like me, test it or shut up. You think I'm bringing an entire bottle of hard drinks in my water bottle then test it but since the ice run out on the machines in parks you basically stuck in 100 degree with hot water.....fun. Thats my rant but think water should be allowed anywhere