HHN 21: When Are You Going? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 21: When Are You Going?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Two things on this, first yeah its rough due to such a massive event getting started. Much of the cast hasn't really had a lot of time to get acquainted with there roles or locations and crowd control is always a work in progress. The second being, opening weekend IMO has the best crowds. Its full of the events biggest fans. You will see more HHN shirts from every year on opening night than you will during the entire event. Most of the time I don't have to listen to people griping about oh thats not scary and ruining the house. The fans enjoy the entire event and for the most part make it much more enjoyable than most other nights when the teenie boppers and UCF drunk team shows their faces.

That is 100% true and it didn't hit until you pointed out that fact, the crowds are definitely calmer those first couple of weekends, especially opening weekend.

I find the second weekend to my liking, gives everybody some time to get the practice they need and avoids the the surge.
Besides, I have free admission to HOS the first weekend.

Opening weekend is nowhere near as bad as any hell night, that's straight up absurd. I've gone for both opening nights the past three years and I've never seen a house go up above 75 minutes - and that's always the Jaws queue house. Everything else remains peaked at 45 minutes.

That said, there are other factors to consider - scareactors are still learning the ropes, and the event closes at midnight instead of 2 AM. However, as pointed out above, the crowds tend to be tamer and more enthusiastic, and you have a greater chance of seeing experimental elements that could be cut by the second week of the event.

Me? I go both weekends so I get the best of both!

Opening weekend is nowhere near as bad as any hell night, that's straight up absurd. I've gone for both opening nights the past three years and I've never seen a house go up above 75 minutes - and that's always the Jaws queue house. Everything else remains peaked at 45 minutes.

That said, there are other factors to consider - scareactors are still learning the ropes, and the event closes at midnight instead of 2 AM. However, as pointed out above, the crowds tend to be tamer and more enthusiastic, and you have a greater chance of seeing experimental elements that could be cut by the second week of the event.

Agreed. Opening weekend is not even close to hell week.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I'll be going 9/23.

The lines may not be Hell Night size. But it is just a mass of people Yes there are a lot of fans of HHN But I went opening weekend back in 98,99,00,01, 02 and it is way larger then back in those days. Also didn't a few years ago on Opening Night they emptied out the park to see John c. Reilly and the rest of the cast of the terrible film The Vampires assistant? Also is there even an opening scaramoies anymore? I guess you can really tell how busy a night is by the cost of express pass for the night. Of course if the waits are 60 to 75 minutes can make it hard to see everything by Midnight.
If your going on 10/16 buy an express pass...

If your going on 10/16 buy an express pass...

Really? My son turns 21 on 10/15 and wants to go on his birthday but when I saw the difference in price, I suggested the 16th. We normaly go the 3rd weekend of the event. There are 5 of us so I don't want to spend the extra $$ for Express Passes UGH!

Any suggestions on which night would be better? 10/15? or 10/16?

The 16th will be a better night to go but I have to agree on getting the express passes for the the 16th.

Not sure but Sunday's get very Busy. Isn't that time about Hell weeks? what is the express pass for those 2 days.

There are $59.99 for the 16th and $89.99 for the 15th

we may have to discuss the dates further. I know he really wants to be able to drink at the event but it may not be worth it.

I am going on October 30th and 31st! 4th year in a row... kind of addicted! Last year we were there over Halloween too. 2009 went opening 2 nights which was cool, 1st time went mid October. Overall GREAT time!!!!