Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: From Dusk Till Dawn

I have it on authority this may be one of the most visually grand and impressive houses of the year. Note that I didn't say best, just visually impressive. I have no idea what the director's show and actors will entail.

It is somewhat odd to me that this is the case.

So would it be like RE....looks nice but.... I keep forgetting this and the WD house. So this gives me some hope.

No problem guys glad to be of service!!! After watching a bit I can definitely see this being a visually stunning house and if they pull the vampires off with some really unique scares I can easily see this being a contender for HOTY. My opinion has radically changed and it feels REALLY good :thumbs:

Ok I'm back from binge watching the entire show and damn it was actually pretty good. Basically a giant directors cut of the original film with a ton of extra scenes thrown in to make it fresh. It got convoluted but I'm still glad I watched it for the event. For those curious on what episodes to watch on a limited time I suggest episodes 6-10 because the house apparently starts right at the Titty twister. The underground tunnels and especially the grinder stood out to me as locals along with the main bar area. That has so much potential for being the most visually stunning room in any house it's unbelievable. The snake dance, dancers everywhere and the live band could be a real mindblow. After seeing the show my hype for this house went from a 3 to a 9 on the 1-10 hype scale. Definitely check it out on Netflix for a similar response

Been watching it as well, still 3 episodes to see; but I love it, really done very well and good casting.

"Sex machine is my undercover name" :)

maybe I'm being too hard on it, or the nostalgia from the original movie is clouding my judgement, but I thought the show was kinda bad. the extra stuff kind of feels like fan fic or something lol. Also for me, some of the characters feel a little bit cheesy.

Last edited:
My brother thought this was the worst HHN house he's ever seen. I thought it was the worst of the four I got to see tonight (Halloween, TWD, Dracula Untold.....we got rained out on AVP at the end and I was pissed, still got another trip or two though). I don't know how everyone else feels, but it was a disappointment.

My brother thought this was the worst HHN house he's ever seen. I thought it was the worst of the four I got to see tonight (Halloween, TWD, Dracula Untold.....we got rained out on AVP at the end and I was pissed, still got another trip or two though). I don't know how everyone else feels, but it was a disappointment.

I'm between this an Dracula. It just doesn't do anything for me. Dracula at least has a couple good scares.

Dracula wasn't scary, but it looked cool and the costumes were good. I thought FDTD lacked scares, atmosphere and the costumes looked bad. It even lacked the sexy factor I was hoping it would have. I still have 4 more houses to go, but I can't imagine any of them being worse than this. From Dusk Til Dawn looks to be the turd of HHN24.

I thought it was atleast cool how you had no idea where the scare actors were hiding unlike leaving it out in the open COUGH walking dead and AVP. I thought it was cool, the finale with the gecko brothers made it for me

no way this is worse than Dracula and Roanoke :lol: (just kidding)

but in all honesty This house gave me more scares than Dracula and Roanoke. The sets in this house are absolutely terrible but if you saw the show you would know thats exactly how the show was, a bunch of caves with walls made out of rocks.

so, the sets might suck but they are actually pretty accurate lol

The house itself doesn't look all that bad, but it failed to deliver what it should go for IMO. It really wasn't scary and it lacked the sexy factor I hoped it would have. Most of these "stippers" were covered up and you couldn't see them that well anyways. I'm not sure what those goblin monster things were supposed to be (never seen the show or movie) but I thought they looked horrible lol. They looked like a costume you could go out and buy at Party City or something lol. I think some areas had a little too much lighting and that hurt the house too.

I honestly have no desire to re-do this house in any of my other visits over the next month to be honest. When they announced it, I was skeptical but it turned out to be worse than I thought.

Faint praise, but I thought this house was average. Yeah the Orcs are a little out of place, but love the barker, love the snake effect, thought the girls give decent scares.

They didn't use the girls right. They are supposed to be the distraction not the scare. There were huge curtains so you knew exactly where they were gunna pop out. And then don't even get me started on the second half of this house. I still can't decide for sure which is worse between this and Dracula but they are both leagues behind the other 6.

In hindsight, this Dracula stuff has become more of a sensual sex thing rather than a haunt and creep thing. Marketing is wielding a heavy hand, probably at the cross promotional demand of company execs.

In hindsight, this Dracula stuff has become more of a sensual sex thing rather than a haunt and creep thing. Marketing is wielding a heavy hand, probably at the cross promotional demand of company execs.

Well I've seen the movie, but not the TV series (From Dusk to Dawn), but this house for me, well, I thought the first scene, which has the barker outside of the 'twister', that was ok and the barker had good lines, but then once inside the twister, it was pretty bland to me.

Dracula rates higher for me as I felt the sets are pretty stunning...Roanoke rates over the two as the sets are stunning and I felt it had scares, a theme, gore, just all around better for me...but it is hard for me to recall anything all that great with the dusk to dawn house outside of the first scene.