Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: From Dusk Till Dawn

They didn't use the girls right. They are supposed to be the distraction not the scare. There were huge curtains so you knew exactly where they were gunna pop out. And then don't even get me started on the second half of this house. I still can't decide for sure which is worse between this and Dracula but they are both leagues behind the other 6.

yeah this is an excellent point as well, The girls should have been dancing while other actors should have been the ones scaring. the distraction would have worked perfectly since everyone would be paying attention to the dancing girls.

Between this, Roanoke and Dracula they keep roating from the bottom 3. Not sure if anybody has seen videos of Hollywood but there maze feels more tailored to the show then ours. It only shines the last two rooms. I'll give them credit on having a lot of boo holes for the scare-actors.

In hindsight, this Dracula stuff has become more of a sensual sex thing rather than a haunt and creep thing. Marketing is wielding a heavy hand, probably at the cross promotional demand of company execs.

[video=youtube;iXpxnxAL62A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpxnxAL62A[/video]

Between this, Roanoke and Dracula they keep roating from the bottom 3. Not sure if anybody has seen videos of Hollywood but there maze feels more tailored to the show then ours. It only shines the last two rooms. I'll give them credit on having a lot of boo holes for the scare-actors.

This never happened to me before, but it is getting to the point that I am getting kind of jealous of their event. First year that makes me feel like that

Finally got to do this one yesterday, contrary to most I quite liked it. The budget for this one probably was not too high, and except for the front and the final bar scene there is not that much set wise, but I actually loved the resulting minimalism. Also contrary to the opinion of most, I loved the way the female vampires were used, to have them behind curtain and have shadow effects, then to have them come out etc, had a real gothic spirit to it if you ask me.

except for the girls :sneaky:.. and the bar scenes done so well :cheers:... it was anything but frightening

After a second run tonight, I still stand by this being the worst house. It was even worse on the 2nd run because I knew what to expect and there wasn't even an element of surprise to it.

Funny because I actually had a good run though tonight. Ronoake keeps moving down in my book so it's a close call for worst house.

Did it twice, loved it twice ... I just really love the minimalism of it, it also makes the finale stand out more, it is just such a turn of events ...

Last edited:
Funny because I actually had a good run though tonight. Ronoake keeps moving down in my book so it's a close call for worst house.

Roanoke is at least gory and now the OU guys got me yelling MEAT throughout the whole house which makes it fun for me.

Gore at HHN has never impressed me because for me there is nothing really impressive about rubber bodies painted red... I really don't want to be a hater but sometimes it can look cheesy.

You know what house really impressed me? (And it had NO gore at all) Gothic. that is what you would call Impressive in my book. amazing costumes, great scares. the flying actor at the end, That's what amazes me about the event. Animatronics, puppets and special effects to me are a lot nicer than rubber bodies lol :cheers:
I don't want to hate on the house I swear. Im just talking about Gore at the event in general. Without a great theme it becomes kind of lame to be honest. I know a lot of people have mentioned the gore and how awesome it is, but to me I don't really get it. AVP and the dolls house had much more impressive stuff.

Now that I think about it I've never been grossed out by any gore in a HHN house (even the spine rip). The stuff that gets me are the smells and masks in some cases (dollhouse has both in full force)

Now that I think about it I've never been grossed out by any gore in a HHN house (even the spine rip). The stuff that gets me are the smells and masks in some cases (dollhouse has both in full force)

yes, same here, Smells are a lot stronger in getting a reaction out of me as well, specially burnt flesh or gross smells. I totally agree.
As for masks I absolutely agree as well, I've never been scared of people in make up either. but scary masks have given me some of the biggest scares in all these years.