HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 26: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never waited for an hour in the express line. Granted we usually go the first few weeks when it's less busy, but I can't even imagine how bad a regular line could be if express is an hour. I think the longest I've ever waited was somewhere around 35-45 minutes (TWD the 1 time we went in the middle of October) and it only happened once. I think I waited 1 other time last year around 25-30 minutes, but I think there was an issue with the house because the line wasn't advancing at all. On average I'd say we usually wait anywhere from 10-25 minutes per line. Once in awhile we don't even have to wait that long.

Last year was the 1st time we used Express. I am not a clock watcher and I really would not know how long we waited.

I do recall one night when we went through Incidious, a person we were talking to in line with us would occasionally comment on how long the Express line was.

From what I recall, they tend to state that Express cuts your wait in half, so I assume it is possible to wait an hour when standby is a two hour wait, but I do not think we experienced that.

One thing I noticed is that Express saves you a lot of walking as the Express queues tend to be more direct.

That one year that they only had 7 houses (22 methinks) lines felt bad and Express lines looked long as well.

I still think (going during RoF dates), going multiple nights....I could do OK without Express, but going with my family, does not lend to commando style touring and there is value to Express including a much more relaxed pace.

i looked at all the prices for all the tickets and i noticed all of them say advanced (with a crossed price that is 20 dollars more expensive)

until when are the advanced prices available? when do they change?

I believe this is the online rate. So you'll pay more at the ticket booths. You might also pay more once the event kicks off.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Looks like the registration for the AP early acces is opening 9/6. Also sounds like it could be a little different. First 100 get a wristband.

https://facebook.com/events/668504016646149?acontext={"ref":3,"action_history":"null"}&aref=3

So are they saying they will release at 5:30? If so wow, you get all three before the GP comes in. That is huge.

Or just first 100 will get released then?

Or first 100 get a wristband they can ebay and all get released closer to 6?

If the second they will have people lining up to register at rope drop.

At least they are trying to not have a repeat of last year @Freddyglove

Reactions: Freddyglove
So are they saying they will release at 5:30? If so wow, you get all three before the GP comes in. That is huge.

S&S is always 5:30, the AP event is no different. It sounds like the wristband is a collectible only.

Reactions: JoeCamel

hmm..wonder if I'll get lucky with a wristband then! thanks for thinking of me, sir.

Maybe we were released late last year, Lucy was about 5 til 6, Monsters was right at 6 and so was Finnegans. I wish we got in at 5:30
Every time I've done Simpsons it's right around 5:30. DA was usually right afterwards, usually at the same time or 5 minutes later.

Guess I am on the wrong end of the park - thanks
It really all depends on what houses your going to and things can vary quite a bit. I think those back 3 houses usually open first, but sometimes they have delayed openings so even when they let everyone in sometimes one of the houses might not actually be open even though everyone's in line for it.

I've never done the S&S because usually we end up going other places during the day instead of Universal. We should be at the park at least once during this year's stay though. So if we stay until closing and just make sure we have our HHN tickets which holding area is best (or is there only 1 - Finnegan's?). If they release you at 5:30 that would definitely be a good jump instead of waiting at the gate (in the masses) like we usually do.

Disregarding the AP events, in most of the recent years - 2 houses have "opened" at 5:45pm; 3 at 6:00pm; and 3 (4 last year) at 6:30pm. I placed 'opened' in quotation marks because this is when the actors are supposed to be on set. Any delays with them getting on set, any technical issues with the houses and also the amount of time that it takes Universal security to sweep the day guests out of the park can affect the opening times of the houses.

I'm pretty sure that if you get released prior to 5:45pm, operations is just pre-loading the queue and you will still have to wait until the house is ready to open.

Finnegan's, Springfield, and Diagon are all good options. Finnegan's gets a bit crowded for my tastes, but it ultimately boils down to what your touring plan looks like, and which first house works in best.

Reactions: ThNdIzNiR
Finnegan's, Springfield, and Diagon are all good options. Finnegan's gets a bit crowded for my tastes, but it ultimately boils down to what your touring plan looks like, and which first house works in best.
So 3 locations... Do you know in advance which houses open that early or is it a daily crap shoot?

There are actually more options, but those are the three most of us would recommend. They have the most options while waiting.

If you keep an eye on the boards, I'm sure you'll get an idea of what area typically releases to which house once the events start.

We can make some good guesses now, but nothing 100%.

So 3 locations... Do you know in advance which houses open that early or is it a daily crap shoot?
Last year, there were 4 holding areas. Lucy/Hello Kitty, Delancey St. (NY), Diagon and Springfield. I would expect the same 4 locations to be used this year. Each house should open at the same time every event night, again disregarding the AP events.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Springfield sounds like a good spot to get a jump. Hopefully we can get a couple done in the back without using express before the crowds come in. Do they continue to sell food over there during the daytime/HHN turnover? If so, maybe I'll grab a donut to munch on while I'm waiting.