Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure Farewell Tour

One thought I had with the new Fallon ride it would be pretty big if they could get Jimmy Fallon in the show like they did Al Roker in 2012.

I don't think they'll touch politics with a 10ft poll. Same reason I expect the Hall of Presidents to never reopen
I think some political figures like Sean Spicer and Scarmucci would be fun and not really controversial at all.

Trump would be way too much right now.

I think there will be a few Trump gags... (how can they not go there) but it will be a quick cameo and he'll be gone. Not the main focus of the show (like he should be). The jokes won't be anything too controversial but a couple light gags.

I think some political figures like Sean Spicer and Scarmucci would be fun and not really controversial at all.

Trump would be way too much right now.
They might do their go-to when they don't want to be too controversial...

Bill & Ted find themselves in an alternate reality where Dr. Evil is president. He embodies many of the traits seen in Trump for the show, but without being too literal.

Bieber seems a lock. I expect usual riffs on superheroes, particularly Wonder Woman. Since the universe seems dead now, Tom Cruise's Mummy probably gets skewered hard. And there's no way they don't pay off 3 years of Avatar World jokes--Cameron and his sex tail have to show up. GMR/UoE closings probably come up as well.

Trump so radioactive right now (see "The Spirit" burning down WDWTragic before he leaves) I wonder if they might leave him out, go for an all happy, funny experience.

Just saw that thread. Yikes....

HHN seems like printing money... I don't think it's going anywhere... for decades.
Using the same analogy I said the same thing about PI in the early 2000's. Everything has a peak at some point.

Speaking of Disney it's hard to believe this will be the 5th year for the Avatar joke. I can't wait to see what they do with it!

I understand that but Disney is adding more and more hard ticket events and dessert parties and the like... Universal isn't going to throwaway the chance to make attendance money twice in a day. I feel like PI when I lived there in 2007 was never that busy and I feel like Disney didn't' get rid of it because of a liability, but more because they thought there was more money to be made there by charging vendors rent then running the clubs themselves.

Universal would be shutting down a revenue flow with no replacement.

This guy is getting a lot of media attention right now.
634.jpg
Not a chance.

But we will get a big bad that reveals Fidget Spinners are a dumbing down device that he put into society to try and rule the world.

I understand that but Disney is adding more and more hard ticket events and dessert parties and the like... Universal isn't going to throwaway the chance to make attendance money twice in a day. I feel like PI when I lived there in 2007 was never that busy and I feel like Disney didn't' get rid of it because of a liability, but more because they thought there was more money to be made there by charging vendors rent then running the clubs themselves.

Universal would be shutting down a revenue flow with no replacement.
Yeah 2007 it was on its way out. Early 2000's it was packed every night and made tons of money. I never would've thought it would end.

I hate to get off topic in a B&T thread which should be more positive. Maybe someone can start a "Future of HHN" thread? This conversation is also interesting.

It's a valid discussion. Filling the void of B&T is going to create an opportunity the creative team hasn't had since the beginning of the event. Beyond that with the supposed construction coming there already has been discussion of how that effects HHN and if it will even continue to be in USF. No matter how you look at it there are definitely some big changes on the horizon for HHN.

It's a valid discussion. Filling the void of B&T is going to create an opportunity the creative team hasn't had since the beginning of the event. Beyond that with the supposed construction coming there already has been discussion of how that effects HHN and if it will even continue to be in USF. No matter how you look at it there are definitely some big changes on the horizon for HHN.

I'm not saying there won't be changes due to future construction, but that will obviously be accommodated for when the time comes.... but we are getting WAYYYYYYYY ahead of ourselves. The end of Bill & Ted does not equate to the end of a show being held, it just means B&T is ending. What we do know is that HHN 27 is happening as it should. Let's wait til things are actually announced, and 27 ends before we start going down that road.

With regards to HHN in the future (i know, off topic, sorry) 1. I don't think its going anywhere any time soon and 2. If the new park is designed with HHN in mind that would bring down a ton of the hassle and limited hassle + tons of income = here for a lonnggg time.

If the new park is designed with HHN in mind that would bring down a ton of the hassle and limited hassle + tons of income = here for a lonnggg time.

That's a really great point, and something that I would hope would be in the back of their minds when coming up with new expansions.

Maybe I'm naive, But I doubt Universal is getting rid of HHN altogether. It's a move that doesn't make sense, even if it's an inconvenience. There's a reason why almost every major regional themepark offers some sort of Halloween event. They make money. HHN Orlando has positioned itself as the top destination for themepark Haunts. To give that up, for pure "Inconvenience" would be absolutely silly.

Bieber seems a lock. I expect usual riffs on superheroes, particularly Wonder Woman. Since the universe seems dead now, Tom Cruise's Mummy probably gets skewered hard. And there's no way they don't pay off 3 years of Avatar World jokes--Cameron and his sex tail have to show up. GMR/UoE closings probably come up as well.

I could definitely see them using GMR/UoE as a jumping off point to address their own closing. Make it a satire of attraction closings with protests and the what not. Would be hilarious and a great send off.