What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Dead Waters

So why exactly is this house so short? The exit area doesn’t really seem any bigger than normal. Are the sets just really that big? They truly are magnificent in scope and detail, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

On the plus side I don’t think I’ve ever seen them block the exit of a house so you could experience a scare (the voodoo doll).
When the final scare comes out of the curtain there is a lot of space there. Also I think there is a lot of unused space on the left side of the bog area or else they just shortchaged it and gave more space to Fallen. Both these house have large sets and waste a lot of space (bungees) so that also hurts it. It should fit into about the same amount of space that walking dead used last year but that was way tighter it felt really long.

^Sucks that they didn’t use that space. Wonder if they just spent a lot of the budget on making the sets that elaborate? It’s funny, the tent houses are longer than the Soundstage houses (in 24 at least).

Have there been any other houses that have been this short?

Last edited:
This house has gotten a lot better the last three runs. The voodoo doll at the end, the big henchmen in the hut, and the bush guys at the beginning provide great scares. I love the splash effect they seem to have added at the beginning.

Beautiful, beautiful house. In my four years of attendance, this is the best looking house, topping Screamhouse ‘06, BC ‘08, and GT last year. And pretty much all my trips through (6 or 7, can’t remember which), I got at least one good scare. The people on the ship, the henchmen in the shack, and the final voodoo doll come to mind. Thank goodness someone gave us a full 360 walk through of this house.

Unfortunately, its length requires me to take off a couple points. 2-3 scenes longer and it’s a 10. Certainly, what of it there was gets a 10, buuuut...

Final rating: 8/10

Last edited: