HHN 27: The Horrors of Blumhouse

sjago13

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee
Went through blumhouse opening today and had a good time. I was buzzed so I may be influenced.:saywhat: This house isn't bad and I echo the sentiment that it should have been insidious only or at the very least sinister/insidious. And the ending is pretty effective for pure scares.

Gambit

--House Elf--
Premium Member
Mar 17, 2008
Central Florida
Ya'll remember those rumors about Ouija being replaced with The Purge? 100% true from going through the house. They didn't even try to hide it. That being said, it's only 2 small rooms so it didn't make that much of a difference.

Lucky Planet

Veteran Member
Sep 23, 2013
kind of a terrible house. Sure the actors will make it better, but the sets are pretty bad for me, felt like half the house was these long walkways. Specially insidious. There were a couple of good rooms here and there but it had way too many walkways. Insidious is basically nothing but black walls and hallways over and over. im so glad i got to experience Insidious years before because if this was my first time experiencing it, I would be pissed. This might be the weakest house. At least the other house either have good sets, good costumes or good scares.

sjago13

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee
I've now had 3 really good runs in a row in this house. Have I had some beverage before, yes but the cast really redeems this house.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I've now had 3 really good runs in a row in this house. Have I had some beverage before, yes but the cast really redeems this house.
I was joking about the alcohol thing a few days ago. :)

I actually tend to think that this house has some of the better scares... it's just a very cast dependent house. Dead Waters, The Fallen and The Shining look beautiful, but the scares arent as good imo. #UnpopularOpinion

criticalanalysis

Newcomer
Aug 27, 2015
I was joking about the alcohol thing a few days ago. :)

I actually tend to think that this house has some of the better scares... it's just a very cast dependent house. Dead Waters, The Fallen and The Shining look beautiful, but the scares arent as good imo. #UnpopularOpinion
Entirely agree. Even for The Purge section, now that I think on it, there's this "threat" in the house that seems menacing. I love it.

Reactions: MattA

MattA

Rookie
May 15, 2016
Orlando, FL
My#2 house. Scarecrow and Dead Waters are tied for first for me rn. The Bagul hallway and Lipstick demons get me so bad every time. Bagul actually sent me running last time I went through.

Frank Drackman

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2012
SFL
I agree, we tend to go week 2. This year, it really felt like the scareactors all around where just ready to blow off steam, but I think this house above all others really has this intensity that is all cast driven!

Reactions: Nick and LieutLaww