What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Horrors of Blumhouse

Some of you may have noticed this, but look up at the end of the first room or so of Insidious. You'll see that "Insidious" is written out and visible leading into the next room, although not something your eyes are directed to. Why might that be? ;)

I'll bite. What's the deal?

Gotten one really good scare on each of my two runs through here, both in Sinister: the daughter on my first run, the first Baghuul on my second. A very intense house, the electric chair scene is super disorienting.

In the Purge part, did the girl with the gun get axed all the sudden? Did not see her either Monday or Tuesday.

There are very few reserve cast on hand lately so when people call out, show direction only fill what they deem to be the "essential" spots in the house. Need to make the most of the limited bodies that you have on some nights.

Ash Vs Evil dead seems to be missing some people too. it is missing even One Ash (the one in the bathrooms) the people m issing in that house are very noticeable

Blumhouse is the GOAT. Imo this is one of the scariest houses I've been through in my 7 years of the event so far. The only other house I've experienced terror like this is Insidious at HHN 25...go figure. The church hallway in Sinister is absolutely nuts. And the first 3 rooms of Insidious are terrifying. Then the ending rapid fire of 6 actors is like a pinball machine hitting you actor to actor. I wish they can bring this rapid fire pace back next year.

Blumhouse is the GOAT. Imo this is one of the scariest houses I've been through in my 7 years of the event so far. The only other house I've experienced terror like this is Insidious at HHN 25...go figure. The church hallway in Sinister is absolutely nuts. And the first 3 rooms of Insidious are terrifying. Then the ending rapid fire of 6 actors is like a pinball machine hitting you actor to actor. I wish they can bring this rapid fire pace back next year.
GOAT is probably a bit far, but one of the more intense houses in the modern-era of HHN? Absolutely.

blumhouse is definitely scary,
but i got scared much more in scarecrow. veteran hhn fans i went to got freaked out in scarecrow. ive seen people come out crying out of scarecrow. people get to the last hallways where there are scarecrow outfits in the walls and people lose their mind. (people cant tell which one is real)

blumhouse is definitely scary,
but i got scared much more in scarecrow. veteran hhn fans i went to got freaked out in scarecrow. ive seen people come out crying out of scarecrow. people get to the last hallways where there are scarecrow outfits in the walls and people lose their mind. (people cant tell which one is real)
Oh trust me. Scarecrow is a half inch behind Blumhouse in scares for me. You should hear me scream in it. I sound like a kid in a nightmare.

I'm not sure if this was explained in the general discussion thread, however I don't get how they can get rights to some but not all of the IP's from a single source (Blum House). Do individual movies have separate investors or something that can say no?

I'm not sure if this was explained in the general discussion thread, however I don't get how they can get rights to some but not all of the IP's from a single source (Blum House). Do individual movies have separate investors or something that can say no?

If you're referencing Ouija - it's because Hasbro had a say, too.

Because Blumhouse isn’t an IP in and of itself. It’s a production company. But, yes, every movie will have different rights and legal hoops.

Actually, it was a Baguul and Red Face Demon. Lady in Black wasn’t in the final room.
They must have done a change on my walkthrough, unless I mistaken by by Red-Faced Demon, seeing how majority of the house was catered to Insidious, it'd make sense for that scene to feature the top 3 insidious characters in the franchise, which would be the demon, Keyface and the Lady.