What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: The Shining

I would say this puts to bed the chances of King ever working directly with HHN.
Well if we assume that he's not happy with a Kubrick property being the representation of his work in HHN that could be the case. It could also be the case that now that they've done it he may want to have it done his way and may be more inclined to have his work represented his way at HHN.

I think the only way there's more King is they way they're doing Shining: use the adaptations as their own properties.

You guys need to realize that King is very protective of his work. The Shining may be based (loosely) on his novel, but he does not approve of the movie. This is also the only film he has no rights control over. Yesterday's announcement features no mention of King's name, and that's not unintentional.

Now that's not to say future King works can't show up at HHN, but The Shining coming to HHN this year is not the first domino to fall for future dreams.

I would disagree, considering the IT reboot coming out, it could lead well for a future event.

I would say doing a house based on a movie King strongly dislikes, when he has historically been unwilling to license any of his stuff for haunts of any type, would bode badly.

I would say doing a house based on a movie King strongly dislikes, when he has historically been unwilling to license any of his stuff for haunts of any type, would bode badly.

I would imagine that the work would be more with Warner Bros and the team for the new films, and not just going to King.

I would imagine that the work would be more with Warner Bros and the team for the new films, and not just going to King.

Yes, but this is my point. I don't think there will ever be any actual King houses, only houses of adaptations King doesn't own the rights to. (Regardless of which one prefers, Kubrick's Shining isn't King's Shining. It just isn't.)