Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 27: Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

They are only screwing themselves if they pay the $109.99. There are discounts and other methods to avoid that high cost.
I'm not seeing a $109.99 ticket on the website. The most expensive non-discounted ticket I see is $85.99. Was it $109.99 before they updated the website? Also I noticed they seem to have removed the add on tickets and the general admission tickets are now the Flex Tickets. I haven't taken a detailed look at all of this but it seems that in many cases this amounts to effectively reduced ticket prices this year in the form of the add on ticket prices seemingly converted to general admission and FF remaining the same with additional days added.

Edit: I found the $109.99 ticket listed in the restrictions as the gate only price, doesn't seem to be available online.

Last edited:
Every year my friends and I get the package that allows three nights, express. Wednesday through Friday. $399. Am I correct that there is no similar package that then adds the Saturday? What I think is the next highest package for $599 is more than we need.

Last year we just bought a Saturday pass separately. But we weren't sure if we were missing a package deal. We are always nervous we are not picking the best package, so I think the experience here may help. Thanks !!!

I'm not seeing a $109.99 ticket on the website. The most expensive non-discounted ticket I see is $85.99. Was it $109.99 before they updated the website? Also I noticed they seem to have removed the add on tickets and the general admission tickets are now the Flex Tickets. I haven't taken a detailed look at all of this but it seems that in many cases this amounts to effectively reduced ticket prices this year in the form of the add on ticket prices seemingly converted to general admission and FF remaining the same with additional days added.

Edit: I found the $109.99 ticket listed in the restrictions as the gate only price, doesn't seem to be available online.

Yes, it's the gate price without any discount. Which was the point - if you're paying the gate price, they are screwing themselves.

Also, flex tickets were there last year, but it does appear they got rid of the official "Stay and Scream/Add-on" option. If I remember correctly, they were the same price as a regular discounted one-night price but I have to double check.

Yes, it's the gate price without any discount. Which was the point - if you're paying the gate price, they are screwing themselves.

Also, flex tickets where there last year, but it does appear they got rid of the official "Stay and Scream/Add-on" option. If I remember correctly, they were the same price as a regular discounted one-night price but I have to double check.
Yeah it would be really stupid to buy the standard general admission ticket. I suppose they may have taken off the site because people were complaining that they spent over $100 on their ticket only to find out when they get there that they were cheaper. Last year's site doesn't show any Flex Tickets other than the add-on ones, so I guess unless that was available at the gate it's essentially a new ticket type. I kind of like that they abandoned the whole add-on thing, seems to make it less confusing. Really most people buying single night tickets unless they're doing it as a vacation package really aren't looking for daytime admission anyway.

Yeah it would be really stupid to buy the standard general admission ticket. I suppose they may have taken off the site because people were complaining that they spent over $100 on their ticket only to find out when they get there that they were cheaper. Last year's site doesn't show any Flex Tickets other than the add-on ones, so I guess unless that was available at the gate it's essentially a new ticket type. I kind of like that they abandoned the whole add-on thing, seems to make it less confusing. Really most people buying single night tickets unless they're doing it as a vacation package really aren't looking for daytime admission anyway.

The Add-on flex ticket was available last year. Same principle, just now dropped the "Add-On".

Also, just checked - "Add-on" was the same price as "General Admission" last year, so they basically uncomplicated it all.

I was looking at park hours for October and Universal has the closing time for the Studios listed as 7pm on the 30th. Since it's an HHN night, shouldn't it be 5pm? Is it just a simple misprint?

I was looking at park hours for October and Universal has the closing time for the Studios listed as 7pm on the 30th. Since it's an HHN night, shouldn't it be 5pm? Is it just a simple misprint?
I wouldn't pay the hours much attention this far out. They can change them week of if they wish.

I notice that the single day pass now has mention of a coca-cola deal. Enter the UBC to save some money. Anyone know if they ever do these deals / discounts for other packages?

Is the half off Express passes after 10pm a regular thing on most event nights?

Last edited:
I was super disappointed when I went to buy my tickets online this am ... to learn that the Coke special does NOT work when you buy Express pass. Not sure the logic there ... :/

Was buying a Saturday ticket. When you just do the ticket you can enter in the promo code. When doing express, it goes away. I checked the info tab and it confirmed that the promo is only for regular passes, not express.
What happens if you buy Express separately?

Does anyone have any info on express if buying in the UK the Universal site I use here in the UK has park and HHN frequent fear passes but no mention of express for HHN just normal express passes

Maybe that's where I'm confused. I thought I just buy the express, with no base ticket? Or are they two sep tickets? I think I'll just call. The website makes me nervous that I'm going to mess up.

Express is separate, you have to have a base ticket and then add express on as an additional surcharge.