Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Last edited by a moderator:
I am really exited for this maze^^ this year keeps getting better and better and I am glad that this will be my first year. But I would love to get a more detailed Backstory for this one

There's a slightly more detailed description of the maze on the main Universal Orlando site:

Universal Orlando

The caramel-coated carnivals of yesteryear have long died, but something sinister has festered within the decay, waiting to torment trespassers. Enter a dilapidated salvage yard, a maze of rides, games and carnival parts tainted with rust and blood. Gleefully vicious performers stalk you from the shadows, coming ever closer. Feel the first glint of terror with gory games a-plenty, where losing has a terrible price. Then your flesh will crawl as you come upon brutal automatons that quickly ensnare you. After that, you'll enter a tunnel of love where flayed lovers have been grotesquely memorialized, overwhelming you with disgust. You're in for a show-stopper.

I wonder if the "Tunnel of Love" will be the spinning vortex tunnel thingy - haven't seen that at the event in awhile.

A little more:

As [you] trespass into a dilapidated carnival, [you] will find a maze of decayed rides and games – and soon discover [you] are not alone. Horrifying guard dogs, a grotesque ‘tunnel of love’, gleefully vicious performers loaded with deadly weapons fabricated from old rides and more will stalk [your] every move as [you] try [your] best to escape.

A little more:

As [you] trespass into a dilapidated carnival, [you] will find a maze of decayed rides and games – and soon discover [you] are not alone. Horrifying guard dogs, a grotesque ‘tunnel of love’, gleefully vicious performers loaded with deadly weapons fabricated from old rides and more will stalk [your] every move as [you] try [your] best to escape.

Going to guess, Tunnel of Love is Vortex but with bodies on it as we walk past the grisly remains of those who entered it.

Pictures or no pictures, I'm glad I got the UTH tour cause even just getting to spend more time in this house to look at everything will be worth it. I can't wait to see how this looks. Everything about it sounds awesome!

I wonder if they got inspired by Knott’s Dark Ride house last year (which was amazing). It sounds like they took that concept and went, “hey, let’s go even farther by making an entire fake park for our house.” Love this idea. If I ever make it this year, this would be my most-anticipated.

Hoo boy, this is a killer concept with a great name to boot. The sheer scale and creativity of this house could be downright amazing! This is one of those houses which makes it very tempting to attend this year.

Now is it the most anticipated for me? Normally it would in a heartbeat, but there's a couple unannounced houses which are actually higher. One due to a bold lighting choice which could make the house terrifying, and the other using a theme which is one of my favorites for any haunt. (Twisted Fairy Tales and/or Classic Literature.) The fact that Rust in Pieces is not my most anticipated is a testament on the awesome stuff they're doing this year.

Hoo boy, this is a killer concept with a great name to boot. The sheer scale and creativity of this house could be downright amazing! This is one of those houses which makes it very tempting to attend this year.

Now is it the most anticipated for me? Normally it would in a heartbeat, but there's a couple unannounced houses which are actually higher. One due to a bold lighting choice which could make the house terrifying, and the other using a theme which is one of my favorites for any haunt. (Twisted Fairy Tales and/or Classic Literature.) The fact that Rust in Pieces is not my most anticipated is a testament on the awesome stuff they're doing this year.
That's why it's my number one...

#GoSox