Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

daylight bleeding into the house is a problem that depends on whats inside the house.
some houses are affected by it, some arent. not all houses have this problem thanks to the sets. it depends on what they do.

i dont think every single tent house has the light bleeding problem.

So while we have no idea of what’s coming aside from what’s been announced, I figured I’d ask: what do y’all think the sound effects should be? Since there won’t be the sound of a camera clicking this time, I had the idea of a combination of zombies growling (like in the first), with the addition of the sounds of people coughing loudly and of a mix of news reports about the virus like in the trailer.

Maybe there can be a room where “flies” (hanging strings and air blasts and the sound of swarming) attack you? I know it doesn’t say that the virus is transmitted via flies and may not necessarily involve coughing, but it would all add up to a very scary house.

Last edited:
So while we have no idea of what’s coming aside from what’s been announced, I figured I’d ask: what do y’all think the sound effects should be? Since there won’t be the sound of a camera clicking this time, I had the idea of a combination of zombies growling (like in the first), with the addition of the sounds of people coughing loudly and of a mix of news reports about the virus like in the trailer.

Maybe there can be a room where “flies” (hanging strings and air blasts and the sound of swarming) attack you? I know it doesn’t say that the virus is transmitted via flies and may not necessarily involve coughing, but it would all add up to a very scary house.
How spoiled do you want to be?

Ok; are there any Quarantine scenes like in the commercial?
Kinda... The house is surprisingly varied. They're...
They were just ideas. I just figured that while we had very little info about the other houses, I would think of possibilities in the currently announced houses.

My bad for my post about props in the spec thread, was starting to sound like CA.
... Reusing a lot that people probably aren't expecting. It doesn't feel anything like the original, set-wise.

And it's fine. People don't realize that Universal's strength is repurposing things.

I'm expecting alley ways (aka Body Collectors HHN 18), neon lights, and 99 Luftballoons playing the entire time

99 Luftballoons alone would make this HoTY.

... Reusing a lot that people probably aren't expecting. It doesn't feel anything like the original, set-wise.

And it's fine. People don't realize that Universal's strength is repurposing things.

So this house is more of a spiritual successor than an an actual sequel to Dead Exposure? The OG one didn’t have many sets but this one sounds like it could be detailed

I think regulars are well aware of the reuse. It is great! Where will spine rip be????

... this year? MAAAAYBE Snacks? Though I could also see it going in Ragtag or Poison if they go really gory with either.

Is Snacks supposed to be a pretty gory house?

Back to DE, I wonder if zombies will be the only characters that will be scaring considering the trailer also showed the blind survivors and the doctors

Been thinking about this house, how are they gonna handle transitions? The ‘08 one seemed to jump scene to scene but this one will probably start somewhere and have to progress into the catacombs. Also wondering how they’ll handle traffic in this house since people are probably gonna slow walk through it