Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

Anyone know why were they able to set the tent up on the ground level versus being elevated like the first two years?

My first scare of the house: tripping over the curb. :grin:

I agree with the masses - HDD was fun, Purge was meh. A bit too much with the needle guy for my taste.

Our second house on opening night, very disappointed in HDD, Purge was pretty good. Found the lighting too bright in HDD and delayed scares including a few masks falling off. We did do this in the hour preview on opening so i'm sure it will improve.

Hopefully will be better on round 2.

The Horrors of Blumhouse is literally a Tale of Two Houses.

Happy Death Day, I feel, was pulled off pretty damn well considering I had zero expectations. There were a ton of BFK's, but they delivered in the right way. Sure we could have had an appearance from Tombs and Lori, but in reality people wanted to see Baby Face and they got it.

The First Purge however was highly disappointing. Was it because I didn't see the film? Possibly. But even the sets were just kind of there and did nothing to really draw me in.

But not the worst of the IP Houses.

I'm impressed by the size of some of these sets (considering its location) but am disappointed by the fact that
none of the purger's eyes light up.

I'm impressed by the size of some of these sets (considering its location) but am disappointed by the fact that
none of the purger's eyes light up.
I KNOW RIGHT!!! Literally the only reason I was excited for TFP was because I wanted to see
purge_animal1a.jpg

Re did this house last night for the second time and afraid to say it's still the poorest house! Spoke to some people in front of us while waiting for Trick 'r Treat who said they didn't even bother trying it as they had heard such shocking reviews

done once, probably never again (maybe)
Everyone loves the Happy Death day parts and everyone seems to hate the purge.

But i am the complete opposite, I LOVED the purge parts a lot and i loved the costumes and i HATED the Happy death day parts.
The happy death day section was stupid and boring. it is of course not the fault of the actors, and i didnt even care that you see the same room 3 or 4 times, but the gimmick was very lame and did not add anything to the house. seeing the same dead puppet over and over was very very lame. (I was expecting real actresses in those beds. ) Happy death day is the worst thing at HHN this year for how unoriginal and boring it was.
The baby killer actors were really good and they were doing their best and i applaud them for working with what they have, but it was just boring. legit bored.

Purge, on the other hand, was awesome. the sets were great, the costumes were great. the actors were really good . i loved the props and i loved the rooms in this part. I wish the entire house was the purge.

Out of all the purge we have had at HHN, this was my favorite. this was better than the section last year.

The Horrors of Blumhouse is literally a Tale of Two Houses.

Happy Death Day, I feel, was pulled off pretty damn well considering I had zero expectations. There were a ton of BFK's, but they delivered in the right way. Sure we could have had an appearance from Tombs and Lori, but in reality people wanted to see Baby Face and they got it.

The First Purge however was highly disappointing. Was it because I didn't see the film? Possibly. But even the sets were just kind of there and did nothing to really draw me in.

But not the worst of the IP Houses.
I've seen the First Purge it was definitely not because you haven't seen. I was actually looking forward to it this time, never again.

While this house is the weakest of the event, I'll be upfront that me and Ian were going in totally expecting the worst...but we came out agreeing it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Both of us had a lot of fun in the Happy Death Day section, and the cast was plenty energetic for it. For us the First Purge was the weak link. The cast was doing their best with it, but it's on the short side and not much was going on. (No fault of the actors)

Though I will say the sets were surprisingly good in here, some really nice detail for what's essentially the plainest of tents at the event.

I think universal should have not done blumhouse and used that money for another show.

Now I wonder if we should have had the same movies for the house that California got.

I wonder if we should have gotten Truth or Dare and Unfriended for our house.

I hated those movies and i think they are stupid, but for the house maybe it wouldn't be as boring and as repetitive as Happy Death Day