Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After

How does the cast change work. I always hear about the cast change run through but I'm not sure I've experienced one. What is protocol? And how would they not manage it in phases to avoid empty run throughs?

sometimes guests get empty run throughs, i guess you have to be unlucky but it happens.
always makes me sad to think of people only going one day.

sometimes guests get empty run throughs, i guess you have to be unlucky but it happens.
always makes me sad to think of people only going one day.
Wasn't completely empty, but nothing happened after the facade until I reached the Hansel & Gretel scene, and I know I missed a couple of other scares.

Wasn't completely empty, but nothing happened after the facade until I reached the Hansel & Gretel scene, and I know I missed a couple of other scares.

I remember doing the Evil Dead house and there was no one in it lol :lol:
it has happened a couple of times for me, in 2007 I remember the Home for the Holidays being alone too (Im sure the actors were in the boo holes but maybe they were getting ready to work after coming from break ) I think Saws and Steam also had it happened
there have been at least 2 more times when there was no one coming out, I think one of the walking dead houses too.

I just felt super bad for the people around me, (Specially if someone uses express and the house is empty.)

I remember doing the Evil Dead house and there was no one in it lol :lol:
it has happened a couple of times for me, in 2007 I remember the Home for the Holidays being alone too (Im sure the actors were in the boo holes but maybe they were getting ready to work after coming from break ) I think Saws and Steam also had it happened
there have been at least 2 more times when there was no one coming out, I think one of the walking dead houses too.

I just felt super bad for the people around me, (Specially if someone uses express and the house is empty.)
Stuff happens and there's bad timing. One time in Catacombs a guest came through and assaulted essentially every scareactor they saw. There were literally fifteen plague doctors waiting for him at the exit.

Yes, he was trespassed.

No, no one pressed charges (though I wish I had... turned out he played for the Raiders).

So ever since I heard about the idea of Scary Tales, I was definitely interested in seeing it.

At HHN28, I finally did.

The problem is that I don't if it was because I had such high hopes, but I left the house feeling more than a little underwhelmed.

While the facade is absolutely magnificent, after that things just kind of fell apart.

It was hard to tell what was going on in the different stories (and that was provided you knew what story they were playing with). I also felt that we were really scarce on actors during my run through of the house - cast change maybe, but regardless it was a let down.

When it came to originals for 2018, this was sadly near the bottom of my list.

Bummer.

Last edited:
The Fallen 2: Fall Harder

I also felt that we were really scarce on actors during my run through of the house - cast change maybe, but regardless it was a let down.

Done it twice (including at opening, so no chance of a cast change), both times felt understaffed.

Did it once Friday and once Saturday, and have yet to see any scares in two scenes

Last edited:
I was referring to how last year Fallen had elaborate scares that were easy to miss, and came off to most as understaffed and barren.

Hope the reviews next weekend are better than the first weekend. On paper this seemed like such a great year (I don't like seeing wasted potential), maybe it still is and I'm just imagining things because I'm in a grouchy mood this morning. LOL

Last edited:
Hope the reviews next weekend are better than the first weekend. On paper this seemed like such a great year, maybe it still is and I'm just imagining things because I'm in a grouchy mood this morning? LOL
Don’t get me wrong, I consider this a great year. The only houses I am bleh about are some of the ones I haven’t had repeat runs on, probably due to lackluster runs rather than quality of the house.

Hope the reviews next weekend are better than the first weekend. On paper this seemed like such a great year, maybe it still is and I'm just imagining things because I'm in a grouchy mood this morning? LOL

I wouldn't call one weekend in this house symptomatic of a bad house. Right now I think its still one of the strongest of the event. It's just that some rooms are much better executed than others. If I remember correctly Hive had a similar issue last year and that improved significantly.

I went last night and I really enjoyed it. This was definitely my 2nd favorite house I’ve been on so far. I thought all the different scenes were really interesting and fun.

I thought the Little Mermaid section was really cool and inventive. I’d love to eventually see an underwater themed house one year.

I also loved the smells of BBQ during 3 little pigs and the rotten egg during Humpty.

For what it's worth, did it with @MrRoamer last night and we both noticed new actors in places we hadn't before. Definite improvement to the house, solidified it as top 3 and best original for me.
Yeah, I've always been a ScaryTales fan and now that this house is starting to get up on all cylinders its coming together. Don't know what happened to have so many cast members absent first weekend, but now that they are here its amping up, which I already loved it before. I think the only thing missing is a couple of timings, but that comes from being early in the event and will definitely come together.

Loved the house over all! Got to do the Unmasking tour and it was just as beautiful as you'd imagine!

Sadly it seems, either the A/B casts don't care/know or they've been told not to buuuuuuut:
Mr. Bear is as dance-free as the town from Footloose. Tried it the first three run-throughs, and zilch. Just gave up and reminisced on the old times. Can understand that he's the chaseout and they probably don't want chanting or dancing antics, though

Last edited:
Loved the house over all! Got to do the Unmasking tour and it was just as beautiful as you'd imagine!

Sadly it seems, either the A/B casts don't care/know or they've been told not to buuuuuuut:
Mr. Bear is as dance-free as the town from Footloose. Tried it the first three run-throughs, and zilch. Just gave up and reminisced on the old times

Yep. Did it every single run-through and does nothing.

Mr. Bear is as dance-free as the town from Footloose. Tried it the first three run-throughs, and zilch. Just gave up and reminisced on the old times
Likely because it's a different performer. And likely because their stage manager told them their job is to scare.

Which is something everyone should have expected.

(Similar issue popped up in Catacombs. The No Fun police came in and put a kibosh on the Cats and Combs game.)