Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After

I thought the bear at the end was technically the third bear from the Goldilocks scene. I only saw two bears in that room: the one on the table, and the one that pops out from the left. I assumed the third bear had wandered off and ended up as the house’s encore.
Oh, for sure that's why his placement is where he is, and why the room is designed the way it is; to subvert expectations of his placement.

Anywhoooo, Legacy's right: different actors, house managers, etc will always result in different portrayals, even when it comes to fan favorites.

I think some of us just got our hopes up, given the designers clearly intentionally included him, but oh well, we move on and it doesn't hurt the house at all even knowing it. I sense this may be becoming a bit more than the molehill it was meant to be, haha, apologies if I stirred anything

I thought the bear at the end was technically the third bear from the Goldilocks scene. I only saw two bears in that room: the one on the table, and the one that pops out from the left. I assumed the third bear had wandered off and ended up as the house’s encore.

*cliche Podcast tease*

We talk with Braillard about that - he discusses the thought process about bringing that scene back.

It'll be out tomorrow.

That idea is so specific, makes me wonder if that's how the poster spends his Friday nights at home.....

Creepy!

Honestly, I turned around in the exit line of the house on opening night and just rattled the idea off the top of my head. So not alot of thought went into it.

Not that there isn't probably something wrong upstairs. Say my name!

I keep reading reviews that say this house would be better if it were longer.

Do y’all not count the entrance as part of the house? The corridor you go through as you enter the soundstage adds a lot for me - the banners, the witch’s curse, the smell. It builds up anticipation and when you turn the corner... Man! Flat out incredible!

HOTY for me.

I’ll never for the life of me be able to figure out what some of you see in this house. The cast always seems to just be going through the motions.

Didn’t seem to be the case while I was there, but that was only the second weekend. That’s a bummer if it’s your experience with the house.

I haven't had a good run through this house yet either.

I don't think it helps that you are rushed through the opening with the witch.

I appreciate its the Conga line effect but why go to that effort of a "show" and don't let people see it.

I haven't had a good run through this house yet either.

I don't think it helps that you are rushed through the opening with the witch.

I appreciate its the Conga line effect but why go to that effort of a "show" and don't let people see it.
Because Ops and A&D are two different departments. A&D develops idealistically. Scenes are designed with a passing sense of how it takes to complete and reset. Their concern is the show, and whether it takes 3 seconds or 30 are secondary to the story they want to tell.

Ops are the ones in the mud trying to keep lines down. All they care said the time it takes. From their perspective, it's not one person waiting 10 seconds to watch a waiting- it's the hundreds of people behind them. Thus, the rush.

They face a bit of a dilemma. The scares that work best with a conga line (which has been in place for as long as I've been going) are basic jump-and-boo scares, but those aren't exactly the most creative, though the crowded statue trick works well because it's well-fit for a conga line. People love creative scares (puppets, fliers), but those have a longer reset time. It was very smart to place one of the fliers in ST4 in the facade.

Because Ops and A&D are two different departments. A&D develops idealistically. Scenes are designed with a passing sense of how it takes to complete and reset. Their concern is the show, and whether it takes 3 seconds or 30 are secondary to the story they want to tell.

Ops are the ones in the mud trying to keep lines down. All they care said the time it takes. From their perspective, it's not one person waiting 10 seconds to watch a waiting- it's the hundreds of people behind them. Thus, the rush.

I really do appreciate that just a shame I haven't seen the show. I'll be heading in again later so fingers crossed.

I have mixed feeling for this house. Great facades and theming but the scares can lack (especially the last flier, VERY LONG reset time).

The issue isn't really the length of the house but how some scenes/hallways lack in scares leading you to want more.

We did this as our second house last night and it was really intense. We felt like the thing we experienced was that it never let up for us- just scare after scare after scare with no breaks.

Doesn't even sound like the same house some of you are discussing. Weird.

We did this as our second house last night and it was really intense. We felt like the thing we experienced was that it never let up for us- just scare after scare after scare with no breaks.

One cast--the one with the chubby Hansel--is definitely superior. But even on good runs this house feels understaffed.

Tonight lion wasn't working, just sort of sat there. Goes to my point I'd rather a consistent good house (TrT) than an amazing house where the effects are hit or miss (e.g. stationary cutting board, disco ceiling clown, etc.)

This was my experience for 5/6 of my runs. Only once did I miss scares due to timing. Otherwise, I thought it was relentless.

Question: Did anyone get to see the tin man in this house? I asked my guide about it during the UTH tour and she said they added the scarecrow there, even though he's literally in the next room, but I never saw anyone but the scarecrow there.

Also, I never got to see the flying witch at the end. I'd always enter the room just after and catch like a glimpse of her hand, but that was it. One time I tried to stall as long as I could to catch it, but then there was a second witch in the same area who jumped out and scared me which in turn caused me to move forward and out of the house.

Favorite line: "This is MY room!!!"

Question: Did anyone get to see the tin man in this house?"

I legit never saw him, I only ever saw the Scarecrow (which you are correct, doesn't make a ton of sense, seeing as an identical copy of him was dead not five feet away)

I do, however, know there definitely was a Tin Man, at least week 2, because I was able to catch a glimpse during a cast change.

Last edited: