HHN 28: Slaughter Sinema | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Slaughter Sinema

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here are the other couple photos! Looks like the Evil Barber, a creature feature, and the Werewolf Bikers.

EDIT: Looks kind of like the Critters creatures in the second poster; probably heavily inspired there

39104702_10155823668108233_1620083546909573120_n.jpg

39061401_10155823668123233_4626453103833513984_n.jpg

39072765_10155823668338233_4984638021811830784_n.jpg

This sounds so campy and fun and yet still has the potential to be scary. I love this mashup idea so we can have a variety of locations like a traditional haunt, but still be linked by the overall theme of different movies. One of my most anticipated!

Reactions: RyanH
Those sets are so detailed for a Tent, it looks like a house from the Parade Building. I wonder if they’ll sneak in a Body Collectors nod in the Barber Shop scene since it’ll probably reuse a lot from the ‘08 BC house

This house looks even more awesome now. Does anyone know what the poster for the Pizza Arcade's full name was? "Scottie's ___"?

I might be the only one on this board that feels this way but i think Hated this house, i might never see it again.
the house wasn't really funny but just kinda goofy, theres a difference. and it wasn't scary either. some of the "movies" they decided to go with felt a little dumb, I hate to say it but i was thinking wtf.... this is what they picked to make rooms from? i truly hate some of the rooms they had in this house. just because there was so much they could have done with this.

I know i might get flak for this, and i understand if im alone in feeling this way, im fully aware that this might end up being a fan favorite. but they went too far with being a comedy house. because of of the rooms dont feel like a HHN house at all, they feel like the opposite of horror. (There were a couple of cool rooms, don't get me wrong, there were a couple of really nice rooms)

I just dont understand what they were mocking, what movies they were mocking or why they chose to do what they did, And im one of those people that Always defends comedy houses and always try to explain how a comedy house can benefit the event, but this house was just too weird and it did not feel like a grindhouse homage at all....

This house reminded me of those fake trailers from Tropic Thunder that were played at the beginning of the movie :lol: or it reminded me of the fake movies Adam sandler had posters of in the movie Funny People.

one of the rooms reminded me of the movie Problem Child. i mean, come on.... lol :lol: I never thought i would see a house that reminded me of problem child

I might be the only one on this board that feels this way but i think Hated this house, i might never see it again.
the house wasn't really funny but just kinda goofy, theres a difference. and it wasn't scary either. some of the "movies" they decided to go with felt a little dumb, I hate to say it but i was thinking wtf.... this is what they picked to make rooms from? i truly hate some of the rooms they had in this house. just because there was so much they could have done with this.

I know i might get flak for this, and i understand if im alone in feeling this way, im fully aware that this might end up being a fan favorite. but they went too far with being a comedy house. because of of the rooms dont feel like a HHN house at all, they feel like the opposite of horror. (There were a couple of cool rooms, don't get me wrong, there were a couple of really nice rooms)

I just dont understand what they were mocking, what movies they were mocking or why they chose to do what they did, And im one of those people that Always defends comedy houses and always try to explain how a comedy house can benefit the event, but this house was just too weird and it did not feel like a grindhouse homage at all....

This house reminded me of those fake trailers from Tropic Thunder that were played at the beginning of the movie :lol: or it reminded me of the fake movies Adam sandler had posters of in the movie Funny People.

one of the rooms reminded me of the movie Problem Child. i mean, come on.... lol :lol: I never thought i would see a house that reminded me of problem child

Have you ever seen Grindhouse? Those trailers in between the 2 main features? That's what they were mocking.

Side note: Most of the "Creatures" were ideas for bigger houses, but ended up on the shelf for whatever reason (i.e. Not enough material for house, too ambitious, wouldn't work, etc)

i actually think some of the movies in the house can make good full houses. like swamp yeti,schittes kidz, midnight snack 2.

Have you ever seen Grindhouse? Those trailers in between the 2 main features? That's what they were mocking.

Side note: Most of the "Creatures" were ideas for bigger houses, but ended up on the shelf for whatever reason (i.e. Not enough material for house, too ambitious, wouldn't work, etc)

Yeah I have seen grindhouse and that is what i was expecting but the house ended up feeling more like a full comedy than a horror. it felt like they were mocking violent comedies like hobo with a shotgun or movies like and movies like POSTAL, or movies like Machete or something like that.

Sure the house has gore, but it made me think of gory comedies like Scary movie. (This house could have totally had a room based on Scary movie and it would not feel out of place for example) I guess i expected it to be more horror, and i know the gore is there, I guess it just was too much humor for what im used to from HHN.
maybe if i do it more times it might grow on me.

i actually think some of the movies in the house can make good full houses. like swamp yeti,schittes kidz, midnight snack 2.

schittes kidz just felt like a homage to Problem child... i dont how if problem child belongs at HHN lol.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Yeah I have seen grindhouse and that is what i was expecting but the house ended up feeling more like a full comedy than a horror. it felt like they were mocking violent comedies like hobo with a shotgun or movies like and movies like POSTAL, or movies like Machete or something like that.

Sure the house has gore, but it made me think of gory comedies like Scary movie. (This house could have totally had a room based on Scary movie and it would not feel out of place for example) I guess i expected it to be more horror, and i know the gore is there, I guess it just was too much humor for what im used to from HHN.
maybe if i do it more times it might grow on me.

schittes kidz just felt like a homage to Problem child... i dont how if problem child belongs at HHN lol.

Um, yeah...that's what Grindhouse/Troma movies are.

Reactions: Legacy