HHN 28: Tips | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Tips

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's the best spot(s) to grab drinks during HHN (and are there any drinks daytime or during the event that you would suggest)? From what I understand a place like Finn's will be swamped with people. I'll be 21 by the time I go down, and I'm definitely going to get a Duff Beer, but after that I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Also, how far in advance should I get in line for an AoV show if I want to get fairly good seats? I've seen some horrendous pictures from people who were the last ones into the show.

If you want beer pretty much anywhere has it on tap, but choices will vary by location (Duff only in Simpsons, Diagon only having Potter beers, etc). Finns will be "counter service" and there will be a bar near Fast & Furious called Chez Alcatraz that will have liquor too. Best bet is to look for spinning red lights that aren't tents, you'll find liquor there.

For the shows in FFL theater I recommend showing up 15 minutes prior to show time and move your way closest to the left or right towards the gates. The first and last shows will be the least crowded with the the shows around 9-11 being the most busy.

I did it!

I even hit Carnival Graveyard twice and could have done two more houses if I didn’t make a really, really stupid decision. I’ll elaborate in my opening weekend review that’ll be up soon.
Gotta take a group through the 28th. Got a good plan to go on from years past but would appreciate the details for this year.

Gotta take a group through the 28th. Got a good plan to go on from years past but would appreciate the details for this year.
Biggest thing about this year: Stranger Things' lines are insane.

Literally at 6:25 on Saturday it was already at 120 I believe, so if you want to hit it without express I'm thinking you need to either do the S&S that lets out into it or take the beating that is the 70 min+ wait you'll do at closing. You don't want those ludicrous waits to cut into the rest of your visit wheras you could've done the Tent or Parade houses 2 or 3 times in the span of one StrTh run. Get there at around 30 minutes to closing and you should be through the house in around 90 mins.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Getting to StrTh for park opening isn't a guarantee for a lower wait so head by towards the end of the night (not last thing though as apparently opening night around 500 guests got turned away after waiting in line due to staffing hour issues when they shut the house at 1:30am)

We headed to StrTh around 6:40 after doing hour preview with 2 other houses. Wait time was already posted at 100 minutes but we timed it and waited over 2 hours. Also having the drinks carts in the lines leaves huge gaps in the lines as people wait for others to buy things. If not buying anything just scoot forward, don't feel like you have to stand and wait if you are not actually buying drinks.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Getting to StrTh for park opening isn't a guarantee for a lower wait so head by towards the end of the night (not last thing though as apparently opening night around 500 guests got turned away after waiting in line due to staffing hour issues when they shut the house at 1:30am)

We headed to StrTh around 6:40 after doing hour preview with 2 other houses. Wait time was already posted at 100 minutes but we timed it and waited over 2 hours. Also having the drinks carts in the lines leaves huge gaps in the lines as people wait for others to buy things. If not buying anything just scoot forward, don't feel like you have to stand and wait if you are not actually buying drinks.
When I walked by at 7:30 strange was 150 mins posted and the queue looked like it. The other so houses were an express walk on
I was not planning on doing any save polter and sz's but ended doing three ss and blumhouse plus mib and the sz's spent a lot of time in camp, what a well done zone. Big and packed with scareactors.

I wouldn't worry about that after how many free passes they had to give out. That problem was solved.

I would worry, however, about getting to go through after park closing but some of the scares aren't active because they cut back on actors after closing or other reasons (an animatronic demogorgon scare didn't seem to trigger on my run, but I could have just gotten bad timing.).

So from the sounds of things, the Finn's Stay and Scream let's out into Stranger Things and Poltergeist, correct? Since this'll be my first time and all, is there a particular spot in the holding area you gather around to get let into a particular house? (Like is there a spot you wait at to go to Stranger Things and a different spot for Poltergeist)

Second, since Stranger Things and Poltergeist open for the Stay and Scream, what time does Carnival Graveyard and Scary Tales open?

Thirdly, my friend and I both have express, so I'm wondering what would be a better plan for Stranger Things.
1. Trying to hit ST first in the Stay and Scream and using the express right off the bat. I know using express right at S&S is a huge no-no, but considering the mondo lines it's getting, that might be the only time the lines are "short" to get good use out of it. Plus I've already accepted the fact I'm probably only going to see it once.

-or-

2. Hit Poltergeist first in S&S, followed by all the other houses and use express for Stranger Things sometimes afterwards.

The first option definitely get's it out of the way, but the second option seems like it would take greater advantage out of the Stay and Scream which is crucial since I'm only there for one night.

So from the sounds of things, the Finn's Stay and Scream let's out into Stranger Things and Poltergeist, correct? Since this'll be my first time and all, is there a particular spot in the holding area you gather around to get let into a particular house? (Like is there a spot you wait at to go to Stranger Things and a different spot for Poltergeist)

Second, since Stranger Things and Poltergeist open for the Stay and Scream, what time does Carnival Graveyard and Scary Tales open?

Thirdly, my friend and I both have express, so I'm wondering what would be a better plan for Stranger Things.
1. Trying to hit ST first in the Stay and Scream and using the express right off the bat. I know using express right at S&S is a huge no-no, but considering the mondo lines it's getting, that might be the only time the lines are "short" to get good use out of it. Plus I've already accepted the fact I'm probably only going to see it once.

-or-

2. Hit Poltergeist first in S&S, followed by all the other houses and use express for Stranger Things sometimes afterwards.

The first option definitely get's it out of the way, but the second option seems like it would take greater advantage out of the Stay and Scream which is crucial since I'm only there for one night.

If you will have express I would say to stay and scream at duff and relax. It else u can still do finna and try to do it twice. But really just pick the location that has the house you would potentially like to do twice. Scarytales opens at 6 and carnival at 6.30. For duff its sinema and seeds with trt opening at 6 and dead exposure at 6.30

If you will have express I would say to stay and scream at duff and relax. It else u can still do finna and try to do it twice. But really just pick the location that has the house you would potentially like to do twice. Scarytales opens at 6 and carnival at 6.30. For duff its sinema and seeds with trt opening at 6 and dead exposure at 6.30

Whoops, forgot to mention I'm going this weekend and I'm not a AP holder, so Duff/Springfield is not a option due to the AP early entry.

Whoops, forgot to mention I'm going this weekend and I'm not a AP holder, so Duff/Springfield is not a option due to the AP early entry.
Right. Didn't think about that. Well they set up the pen to wait in on the south side of finns that is facing Fallon. If you are not at the very front you could be facing a 30ish min wait even in stay and scream. So if you only care to do Stranger Things once blowing express on it at the beginning isn't the worst choice.

Right. Didn't think about that. Well they set up the pen to wait in on the south side of finns that is facing Fallon. If you are not at the very front you could be facing a 30ish min wait even in stay and scream. So if you only care to do Stranger Things once blowing express on it at the beginning isn't the worst choice.

what would be a good time to start making your way over to that area? or is that pen open at the beginning of SnS? thanks!

what would be a good time to start making your way over to that area? or is that pen open at the beginning of SnS? thanks!
Pen is open at the start, get in the side closest to the building if you can. Did that Saturday but strange had a delayed open so it was of little value and I would have been better off with polter. You take your chances with this many people working together to get the house open

Msn, sounds like Stranger Things is a poop show. How would you guys recommend tackling it? We're planning getting there early (normal entry), getting our reduced fast passes ASAP and then tackling either Stranger Things or another house.

Thanks for the info, guys!
Also, considering the AP early entry has access to the three tent houses from 5:30-6:30pm, would it be safe to assume those are off limits to regular Stay and Scream guests until 6:30pm? I have no idea if that's enforced when the S&S guests are let out, but if it is then my plan after a couple SS houses would be hitting up the parade building houses.

Thanks for the info, guys!
Also, considering the AP early entry has access to the three tent houses from 5:30-6:30pm, would it be safe to assume those are off limits to regular Stay and Scream guests until 6:30pm? I have no idea if that's enforced when the S&S guests are let out, but if it is then my plan after a couple SS houses would be hitting up the parade building houses.

Correct, if you are front of park access to the rear is restricted until the GP are allowed in

Last edited: