Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Tips

Am I able to buy half-off express passes for my friends who won't get in until 7 or later? I'm nervous they'll sell out by the time they arrive. Also, earliest kiosk in the park to purchase the express passes?

Last Wed I was able to do every house twice doing exactly this with Express. Then Thursday we tried the opposite and had to use Express for every house and we’re only able to do everything once. I know the crowds were low last Wed but on Friday we started at the back of the park again and walked on multiple houses with no wait. Also sometimes you could get runs practically by yourself through the tent houses. Dead Exposure is great to go through by yourself without your eyes adjusted to the dark. The main tip I will give is to do Seeds and Trick 1st then the tents. The tents will have some waits right away from Stay and Scream but if you do the other houses 1st everyone will be done with the tents and moving on to other houses. You can also judge the lines good from Seeds as you can see The lines for Trick and Dead from there.

Am I able to buy half-off express passes for my friends who won't get in until 7 or later? I'm nervous they'll sell out by the time they arrive. Also, earliest kiosk in the park to purchase the express passes?
The express is located before you enter the park and at multiple locations around the park. I have never purchased a stand alone so all I have is hearsay but you should be able to get it at any location from what I read here.

You cannot get it half-off until the time is half-off, which is either 10 or 11 depending on your visit. Earliest kiosk is usually right outside the archway.

The express is located before you enter the park and at multiple locations around the park. I have never purchased a stand alone so all I have is hearsay but you should be able to get it at any location from what I read here.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

You cannot get it half-off until the time is half-off, which is either 10 or 11 depending on your visit. Earliest kiosk is usually right outside the archway.
I thought you were able to buy them before, but couldn't use them until 10 or 11 p.m.?

Any advice as to what houses or zones need to be seen at night? For example I saw a video of the Halloween house from a few years back with shadow silhouettes in the windows that were not seen during the day.

On the other hand I’m sure there are details during the day that many will miss at night

Any advice as to what houses or zones need to be seen at night? For example I saw a video of the Halloween house from a few years back with shadow silhouettes in the windows that were not seen during the day.

On the other hand I’m sure there are details during the day that many will miss at night

Twisted Traditions & Killer Klowns really stand out at night, that's when they are the most beautiful.
For houses, Trick 'r Treat and Blumhouse have lights leaking a bit. If you wanna see Slaughter Sinema's projections, wait too night.

Please forgive/indulge me if this has been answered already:

What house, IYO, is the least scary? I'm a chicken making my first visit to HHN and I will probably only hit one house at the most. I'm not as concerned with the "best" houses as more experienced guests might be, but rather warming up to houses in general.

Please forgive/indulge me if this has been answered already:

What house, IYO, is the least scary? I'm a chicken making my first visit to HHN and I will probably only hit one house at the most. I'm not as concerned with the "best" houses as more experienced guests might be, but rather warming up to houses in general.
Slaughter Sinema would be a great introduction to HHN. It isn't too dark lighting-wise, it has both comedic and scary elements, and the costumes aren't that frightening. The only thing that might really get you is the last room.

It can also be a walk-on later in the night, so I'd suggest hitting it then.

Last minute suggestions for house routing? The house route from Orlando Weekly sounds good, but nervous about light leaking for Trick R Treat and Slaughter Sinema.

Last minute suggestions for house routing? The house route from Orlando Weekly sounds good, but nervous about light leaking for Trick R Treat and Slaughter Sinema.
You should be fine with Slaughter Sinema, though you'd miss the trailers on the facade. If you're concerned with Trick r' Treat, the line tends to fall off later in the night.

Do they sell those mini fan misters at the park? i see it will be in the 90's with high humidity while im down there and im curious if those fans help or if there worth it.

Do they sell those mini fan misters at the park? i see it will be in the 90's with high humidity while im down there and im curious if those fans help or if there worth it.
Yes they do. I don't know if they are worth it, I usually throw a small towel over my shoulder to wipe the sweat off and take advantage of the AC to cool off.

What time do rides close on a 2am closing night?

I've been checking the app times multiple times each night as I try to plan my visit. Last night it looked like about half the rides shut down around 11-11:30 maybe? If I'm remembering it correctly. The mummy, and some others stayed open. But maybe someone who was there can answer definitively.