Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Vamp 85: New Year's Eve

I really really really hope they play 80s metal in this zone...... im begging for that to happen. it would so amazing to hear some good 80s metal with the vampires scaring everyone.

They mention punk vampires so im really hoping for some good music....

I really really really hope they play 80s metal in this zone...... im begging for that to happen. it would so amazing to hear some good 80s metal with the vampires scaring everyone.

They mention punk vampires so im really hoping for some good music....

Hoping for good music too. My playlist consists of Tears For Fears, New Order, and The Cure so I’m hoping more for a new wave vibe. And I’m hoping they stick to the year 1985 and don’t just go all over the place 80s.

I know new years eve is a celebration but i hope they dont go cheesy with the music.... they might not play metal but....
well, a little cheesy is good but not too cheesy... please no footlose,....:yuck::yuck::yuck: no Like a Virgin.... :fist:

A lot of your music picks aren’t 1985 :eek:O:.

Some of the best LPs of 1985...

Tears for Fears - Music from the Big chair
The Cure - The Head on the Door
The Smiths - Meat is Murder
Prince - Around the world in a Day
New Order - Low Life
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Sonic Youth - Bad Moon Rising
Bryan ferry - Boys and Girls
Talking heads - Little Creatures
REM - Fables of the Reconstruction

I’m expecting the ball drop and Auld Lang Syne every 45 minutes. This would have both casts during the cast change participating in the celebration.

I am looking forward to this Zone the most because like Invasion, I think it will be the most fun.
I wonder if the execution of this style will include a broadcast that resembles the televised countdown shows. I would love something like that playing in the Macy's window on CRT monitors around the NY facades. Even cooler if they could make it a live feed from a Stage Show that has a cheesy host and some Vampire bits.

A lot of your music picks aren’t 1985 :eek:O:.

Some of the best LPs of 1985...

Tears for Fears - Music from the Big chair
The Cure - The Head on the Door
The Smiths - Meat is Murder
Prince - Around the world in a Day
New Order - Low Life
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
Sonic Youth - Bad Moon Rising
Bryan ferry - Boys and Girls
Talking heads - Little Creatures
REM - Fables of the Reconstruction

I’m expecting the ball drop and Auld Lang Syne every 45 minutes. This would have both casts during the cast change participating in the celebration.

Think you're right on Auld Lang Syne every 45 minutes, but I expect a much more upbeat top 40 mix, and from 1984. If I had to put money down, I 'd bet we hear Let's Go Crazy (no brainer), 99 Luftballoons (iconic marker of the era and upbeat but actually dark, like the zone), Sunglasses at Night (again, no brainer given theme) and of course Thriller (released in late '83 but was still everywhere in '84). Dancing in the Dark, Jump and Somebody's Watching Me seem likely as well. If they decide to up the cheesy comedy factor to 11, All Night Long wouldn't surprise me either.

Think you're right on Auld Lang Syne every 45 minutes, but I expect a much more upbeat top 40 mix, and from 1984. If I had to put money down, I 'd bet we hear Let's Go Crazy (no brainer), 99 Luftballoons (iconic marker of the era and upbeat but actually dark, like the zone), Sunglasses at Night (again, no brainer given theme) and of course Thriller (released in late '83 but was still everywhere in '84). Dancing in the Dark, Jump and Somebody's Watching Me seem likely as well. If they decide to up the cheesy comedy factor to 11, All Night Long wouldn't surprise me either.

True, but remember this is NYE 1985, meaning the ball is going to drop and it’s 1986. All those songs you mentioned are solid picks.

I’m sure whomever creates the soundtrack at creative messes this up. After all, Vamp ‘55 had Johnny B Goode, a song from 1958.

This music discussion is getting me extremely excited for the zone. It'll be a refreshing change of pace. Taking a look at 1984's top songs, here's an incredibly easy pick for the zone:

the music has me kinda worried about the zone actually lol. this zone can either be the most epic zone (music wise) and a zone to spend long minutes enjoying the scares and the sets, Or it could turn out to have some annoying songs and then make the zone cheesy... a bad song can definitely make a zone feel cheesy.
the only reason that it worries me is because this is a new year's eve celebration and they might play something like What's Love Got to Do with It or other party, pop songs like that. something more party related.

the music has me kinda worried about the zone actually lol. this zone can either be the most epic zone (music wise) and a zone to spend long minutes enjoying the scares and the sets, Or it could turn out to have some annoying songs and then make the zone cheesy... a bad song can definitely make a zone feel cheesy.
the only reason that it worries me is because this is a new year's eve celebration and they might play something like What's Love Got to Do with It or other party, pop songs like that. something more party related.

Do you have something against Tina Turner? Lol

Everything in this plus Crazy for You(cheesy 80s slow dance song) & Purple Rain would be the perfect playlist IMO. Can’t forget about Pac-Man Fever & Super Bowl Shuffle though:grin: