HHN 28: Vamp 85: New Year's Eve | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 28: Vamp 85: New Year's Eve

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think I might be more excited for the soundtrack to this zone than the zone itself. Depending on the tone they are going for, here are some songs from 1984 that I think we could hear: (if it's actually supposed to be 12/31/85, that opens up a ton more options)

Previously mentioned
Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen
Jump by Van Halen
Let's Go Crazy by Prince & The Revolution
Rebel Yell by Billy Idol
Shout by Tears for Fears
Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell featuring Michael Jackson
Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart
Thriller by Michael Jackson
The Warrior by Scandal
You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive

Others
Cruel Summer by Bananarama
Cum on Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot
Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung
Freaks Come Out at Night by Whodini
Hot for Teacher by Van Halen
Panama by Van Halen
I Can't Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar
Infatuation by Rod Stewart
I Want a New Drug by Huey Lewis and the News
Karma Chameleon by Culture Club
The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen
Legs by ZZ Top
Let's Hear It for the Boy by Deniece Williams
Let The Music Play by Shannon
Lovergirl by Teena Marie
Love Somebody by Rick Springfield
Mental Health (Bang Your Head) by Quiet Riot
Owner of a Lonely Heart by Yes
Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Round and Round by Ratt
Run to You by Bryan Adams
Take On Me by a-ha
Talking in Your Sleep by The Romantics
Tenderness by General Public
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
Turn up the Radio by Autograph
Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister
Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. - not sure they'd actually play this one, though

Last edited:
If I were to add some more possible hard rock/metal songs to my list from above, I'd add:

2 Minutes to Midnight by Iron Maiden
Ace of Spades by Motörhead
Overkill by Motörhead
Creeping Death by Metallica
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
Into the Fire by Dokken
Love Ain't No Stranger by Whitesnake
Perfect Strangers by Deep Purple
Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions
We Rock by Dio

I added the Billboard topping 100 playlists for 84 and 85 and will probably play them on a loop until the event.

^^Funnily enough, Like a Virgin started playing as I opened this thread.

If it's NYE I wonder if they are gonna have a Dick Clark Vamp to countdown to the vamp attack. I can't wait for this scare zone, I loved VAMP 55. I actually worked for BGT and was part of design with My last name Vayne. This is gonna be the people watch area for me, like I did at VAMP 55 & TrT. Not sure I have to check but for some reason was the song "Red Red Wine" by UB40 in 1985? Hmmmmm, but excited for the material girl vamps, guess we will see some "Desperately Seeking Susan" Madonna vamps.

If I were to add some more possible hard rock/metal songs to my list from above, I'd add:

2 Minutes to Midnight by Iron Maiden
Ace of Spades by Motörhead
Overkill by Motörhead
Creeping Death by Metallica
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
Into the Fire by Dokken
Love Ain't No Stranger by Whitesnake
Perfect Strangers by Deep Purple
Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions
We Rock by Dio

Here's another one :)

All I’m saying is this zone better be in NY were Purge was last year, it better have music, and a ball drop at midnight

If I go to HHN Orlando I feel like I might just do half the houses and then watch this Zone; so much potential. Hopefully they play Jump, Careless Whisper, Footloose, & Rebel Yell in addition to Returning the Reaction’s list since all 4 would fit the period well. Wish “I Think Were Alone Now” by Tiffany was released earlier than ‘87 & “Venus” by Bananarama was released earlier than ‘86 since those would be epic in this zone and fit in well here. If this does well what are the odds for Vamp ‘9_ or Vamp2K?

out of all the songs everyone is listing..... what songs does universal have the easiest access to? rights wise? because if anything they would probably try to get stuff like that?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
out of all the songs everyone is listing..... what songs does universal have the easiest access to? rights wise? because if anything they would probably try to get stuff like that?

From what I recall about copyright law in the 80's (just saying I do not know what has changed since then) is that the park would already pay ASCAP and BMI (whatever the 2nd union is). Since we are talking about just playing songs in the streets, they can play anything, they just supply the lost of songs and the unions pay the publishers their cut.

From what I recall about copyright law in the 80's (just saying I do not know what has changed since then) is that the park would already pay ASCAP and BMI (whatever the 2nd union is). Since we are talking about just playing songs in the streets, they can play anything, they just supply the lost of songs and the unions pay the publishers their cut.

wow that is actually wonderful to hear. they better have an awesome playlist then, this is great