Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

There’s a difference between quitting because it’s hard, and not performing because of safety concerns.

Uni always has one or two costumes a year that just have safety concerns. This year, they built a whole house with those costumes.

There’s a difference between quitting because it’s hard, and not performing because of safety concerns.

Uni always has one or two costumes a year that just have safety concerns. This year, they built a whole house with those costumes.

How does this happen in year 29? That they didn’t know until the opening night that the costumes would need to be corrected??

How does this happen in year 29? That they didn’t know until the opening night that the costumes would need to be corrected??
From my understanding, the costumes you’re seeing are the third or fourth iteration already. Employee Preview Night hinted at the problems. It’s not a surprise in itself - the scale of this issue it the big concern.

The costumes/masks are designed “in a vacuum.” They’ll prototype for fit and visibility, but they’re trying to make a one size fits all of a custom mask that meets the designers’ intents. The Mouthbrooders were meant to push an envelope, but they’re not tested in a house. They’re not worn for four hours a day.

Hell, the Catacombs masks had issues with long term comfort and visibility in the house. There’s just a disconnect. Depths is just hitting every single aspect of the issue.

From my understanding, the costumes you’re seeing are the third or fourth iteration already. Employee Preview Night hinted at the problems. It’s not a surprise in itself - the scale of this issue it the big concern.

The costumes/masks are designed “in a vacuum.” They’ll prototype for fit and visibility, but they’re trying to make a one size fits all of a custom mask that meets the designers’ intents. The Mouthbrooders were meant to push an envelope, but they’re not tested in a house. They’re not worn for four hours a day.

Hell, the Catacombs masks had issues with long term comfort and visibility in the house. There’s just a disconnect. Depths is just hitting every single aspect of the issue.

Hopefully the ones for Yeti are alright.

I think if they have a Terra Cruentes house next year, they'll have to convert the knuckle grunts to puppets.

Last edited:
This house is the return of alien vs predator.
It felt like i was inside a James Cameron set. For real.
Truly great sets. It really felt like an actual set.
The idea for the house was pretty wonderful. Pretty beautiful sets.

I did see a couple of the creatures. I loved them. I really really loved them. Something very unique for hhn.
They couldn't move too much and coming out of the boo holes was clunky

I really hope the creatures can stay. The house needs them.

Controversial opinion potentially: I kinda hope they don't bring back all the full Mouthbrooders.

I legit think I would've liked a more human focus here because the full brooders...just look silly to me. Literally giant fish.

God please, please god disregard this wish lol :'(