HHN 29: Employee Preview Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 29: Employee Preview Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It sounds to me like this year is full of great houses and some houses stand out to others more then other houses. And that’s exactly what happens when you have such a diverse line up of houses! Needless to say from last night the very first night of these actors scaring for guests it sounds like we are in for a big treat no matter your taste!

Haven't done my full deep dive into reviews, but as someone who hasn't done haunted houses for a few years, and enjoys most of these IPs but doesn't absolutely love getting the socks knocked off of me, these houses for the most part seem perfect. Im super pumped.

In general, how long did it take everyone to get through each house? Not including queue, Im talking about when you actually begin the house.

Reactions: Kadath

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Everyone’s allowed to have an opinion? Only thing I don’t agree with is the “if someone has a different opinion they’re paid off” which is hilarious coming from EMPLOYEE PREVIEWS.

Yeah that’s an instant roll of the eyes from me.

It’s important to remember everybody has the right to have different opinions. I saw one guy who loved depths of fear and then he saw a dead dog and after that he gave it a bad review.

Yes, but equally important is everyone else's right to call that opinion out as nonsense once it is shared with the class.

As long as everyone is coming to the table wanting to discuss honestly. “If they don’t agree they’re paid off” tries to undercut anyone who isn’t that person with a fallacy.

Everyone remember that most people didn't wait that long tonight for any house. I have a friend who was able to knock out 13 house runs and longest wait was 20 mins. So that's going to sway some of this praise on certain IPs like Ghostbusters or Stranger Things (although i've heard poor things about it). To me, Ghostbusters was absolute trash and it let down even further with how they did Stay Puft. If you wait 5-10 mins, then it's cool. If you wait 2-3 hours for it? People aren't gonna have the same reaction. They have a few tricks up their sleeve for the house that are unique, but overall, it's not scary and it's not even necessarily "pretty" like Stranger Things was last year.

Pays to remember there's always a certain amount of "grade inflation" with any preview--be it employee, AP, or soft opening. Part of it's the thrill of being "first," part of it is as you say seeing a theme park with a fraction of the typical crowd, surrounded only by fellow fans. Not an HHN specific comment--trust me, Pandora will never look as good as it did stoller-free--just a general rule for theme park discussion.

I dont really understand why they dont just let people do it? The houses are so detailed you'd think they would want them immortalized on film.
That last thing I want to experience when going through a house I've waited 90 mins for is the person in front of me holding out their phone with a bright screen, or even worse, the light on. Hell no! Some experiences are made to be enjoyed in person only. There is nothing ruder in my book than ruining someone else's experience so you can take a picture or video. That goes for all theme park shows. Respect the performers and enjoy it as intended.

For the most part, reviews are really good. A lot of rave reviews. Every once in awhile, I’ll find a comment on how “HHN isn’t scary” or is “becoming pg,” but I can’t really comment on that since I haven’t been going that long but anything’s better than walking dead right? Lol, ppl are so negative, regardless if there are too many ips and not enough originals, Everyone let’s just have fun and enjoy this year! This year sounds like the year to be, plus it was a tm preview night so anything could happen

Reactions: Lucky Planet
For the most part, reviews are really good. A lot of rave reviews. Every once in awhile, I’ll find a comment on how “HHN isn’t scary” or is “becoming pg,” but I can’t really comment on that since I haven’t been going that long but anything’s better than walking dead right? Lol, ppl are so negative, regardless if there are too many ips and not enough originals, Everyone let’s just have fun and enjoy this year! This year sounds like the year to be, plus it was a tm preview night so anything could happen
Your screen name gets a thumbs up from me.

Pays to remember there's always a certain amount of "grade inflation" with any preview--be it employee, AP, or soft opening. Part of it's the thrill of being "first," part of it is as you say seeing a theme park with a fraction of the typical crowd, surrounded only by fellow fans. Not an HHN specific comment--trust me, Pandora will never look as good as it did stoller-free--just a general rule for theme park discussion.

Plus the event changes so much, even hour to hour, reviews are highly specific to the time they visited.

Plus the event changes so much, even hour to hour, reviews are highly specific to the time they visited.

Exactly. I’ve been on runs that were a complete let down and then later in the night it became my favorite house. So many factors go into a maze like cast change, the people in front of you, or even the time you experience a maze that it’s difficult for me to review a house after only one run.