1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN 29: Employee Preview Thread

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 29' started by hhnlover, Sep 4, 2019.

1. StrengoitLeo19

StrengoitLeo19 Newcomer

At this point, I’ve heard and seen opinions about every single house that contradicts with another opinion. People loving and despising just about every house (except no negative thoughts on Graveyard Games). Opinions will change over time, especially considering Scary Tales was the house to get the most positive buzz from last year’s TM preview.

2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I’ve basically heard if you’ve seen US, it’s a good house. If you haven’t (which, let’s be honest, will be a majority of attendees), it’s a boring and confusing house.

I’ll wait until I experience it to form an opinion though. I’m in the haven’t seen it group so should be interesting...

3. gabe3235

gabe3235 Member

It seems like how much you like Us and HoTC depends on how much you enjoyed the movies themselves. On the other hand, I haven't seen many people who didn't enjoy Klowns and Ghostbusters.

Kadath, Lucky Planet and rinacee like this.
  4. Nick

My whole group that walked through last night didn’t like GB really at all. We just aren’t voicing it on twitter :nana:

5. snayberry

snayberry Veteran Member

Do you feel like the houses are better this year than last year? Aside from GB.

6. Neo

Neo Newcomer

Just quickly browsing the topic trying not to spoil anything for my visit, but find the recording the houses argument funny.

The lights on / UTH tour won't even let you take pictures of over half the rooms in their ORIGINAL houses and only allow photos of the facades and like one (maybe two) other rooms in IPs. So their policy, in the age of cellphones, is getting even more restrictive and not looser. And they don't allow ANY video on tour.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for photos or videos being allowed in houses.

Kadath, Kinchkinet85 and Lucky Planet like this.
  7. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

those were the same rules last year, still let media record haunts then.

8. Final Girl

Final Girl Newcomer

Not to beat a dead horse, but I truly don't understand this narrative that Us wasn't a massively popular movie and that people haven't seen it/don't like it. If anything, more people in attendance have probably seen it than HO1C or KKfOS. Now, I'm biased because I loved the movie, and I'm sure having seen it makes a big difference, but to say most people attending a horror event haven't seen one of the biggest horror films of this year is just simply not true.

Fallow, ThomasByrd, Andysol and 13 others like this.
  9. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

I dont know, even the announcement for the house online wasnt the best. Im sure some people love it but you would be surprised how many people have not watch it just because it is not on netflix yet.

10. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

Us made more money than the new Halloween did yo. Plenty of people saw it.

11. IHateJumpScares

IHateJumpScares Rookie

I don’t understand the narrative that it was some kind of movie of the year. Earnings were very high, but audience reviews are clearly mixed. I personally know very few people who saw it, and of those who did, they said it was “meh” with great acting, decent direction, but really bad storytelling and writing. I scanned some audience reviews and saw many folks saying the same thing. I’ll wait until it’s on tv for free based on that, and since I dislike bad writing or plot twists just to be twisty, I expect I won’t like it much. If others did, good for them.

Us seems to hit some particular audience segments really well, but miss with others. The house will probably do the same, maybe even with the same groups.

Ps. I HAVE seen killer klownz. Also crappy. Bad movie with bad writing AND bad acting AND bad direction. The incompetence hat trick! Wait, that’s four things....

12. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

if thats the case them it shall have high reviews after opening weekend then lol. Time will tell.
    I only saw it because of HHN, i am sure some people might check it out because of HHN.

13. Nick

Yes, MOST won't have seen the movie. I'm talking the majority. People coming for GB and ST aren't necessarily the demographic for US and those two IPs are pulling a lot of the weight. Likely that more will have seen it than Ho1C or KKfOS, but that's really not the point.

KKfOS - by all accounts - is a fun house whether or not you've seen the movie. US and Ho1C are much more dependent on having watched the source material.

SeventyOne, Kadath and Lucky Planet like this.
  14. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Audiences loved the live action Lion King, and all the other live action remakes. I’ve stopped caring what both audiences and critics think at this point.

15. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

We had the US discussion before and it doesn’t go anywhere. Less popular and less seen movies have been at HHN, it is starting to feel any pushback has nothing to do with the movies quality or “popularity”.

16. Kinchkinet85

Kinchkinet85 Rookie

I haven’t heard this so I’m gonna ask, are there Clowns with chainsaws in Springfield this year?

Lucky Planet likes this.
  17. IHateJumpScares

IHateJumpScares Rookie

And how can we forget that critics unanimously hated, just hated, Ghostbusters - until public opinion went crazy embracing it. Then formal reviews turned positive as well.

Lucky Planet likes this.
  18. Journey_On

Journey_On Rookie

Yes, there are people with chainsaws in this area (but not clowns).

truejonas and Lucky Planet like this.
  19. Nick

They aren’t clowns. But yes. They sort of fit the anarch-ade aesthetic.

Kooks, Lucky Planet and Kinchkinet85 like this.
  20. Kooks

Kooks Rookie

I also got Purge vibes with their masks.

Lucky Planet likes this.