Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Arcade or cabin as the facade?
I would imagine the Arcade because it is the first scene, (aside from the scene with Kali and her friends) AND it could provide some beautiful set design (given, so could the cabin, but I'm partial to the arcade tbh). Also, if we're going off last year it seems like they tried to stick to the timeline of the show in regards to what order the scenes came.

However, since its a mash up of s2 & s3 they could omit some elements and skip to more iconic scenes. We won't know until we see it, I guess! :)

Not scary per se, but imagine how cool an effects-heavy scene of Eleven destroying the cabin would be!

Edit: Really hoping to see a scene of Steve protecting the kids from the Demodogs in the junkyard. I can also see them using the fight between Steve and Billy as an opportunity for a Billy scare :thumbsup:

Edit x2: Oopsies, sorry for making two posts, thanks for combining them, Mods :grin:

Last edited:
I mean, there's probably a reason that they had so many arcade cabinets to use last year (in the Universal store, in Slaughter Cinema).

That being said...

tumblr_mko2rtRxsP1r4xp0qo1_250.gif

Now that it's officially announced, I'm totally fine with this featuring elements from both season 2 and 3.

Last years house was a very nice surprise for me. (Dead last in anticipation list, 4th in post visit rank.) So I'm looking forward to seeing what they do for this one!

So will this be a mega house like the AHS houses were?

I don't think so, a while back it was mentioned to expect the same house locations as last year. An I think it's been generally accepted/mentioned that ST is in the same SS as it was.

"- Demodogs AND the Mind Flayer"

I kind of assumed they were going to have to include the Mind Flayer because it would be a huge miss to leave it out, but I'm glad to see they're confirming that they'll be tackling it. (I would love to see it with puppet elements and lots of fog maybe? anything but a screen)

Interesting that they don't mention any threat that we've seen from the season 3 trailer, but I'm assuming that's just because they can't accidentally leak any info before the season drops.

Guessing Season 3 will be handled like how it’s going to be in Hollywood, in that this is mostly S2 with 1-2 finale scenes from Season 3

Seeing a puppet of the new creature would be cool!

I just had the thought... What if we see scare of Max when she scares the boys on Halloween? It would definitely be an opportunity to reuse some old Michael Myers costumes (although the jumpsuits would probably be too big, but they could reuse a mask or two :grin:)

I hope they do Stranger Things Day again after HHN 29 ends. It was a very nice and fun to do especially since I got to take my 87 year old grandfather thru since he loves Stranger Things, and he wanted to go to HHN just to do it but he doesn't due well in crowds due to his Parkinsons disease. I can't wait to see this years ST.