Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Seeing a puppet of the new creature would be cool!

I just had the thought... What if we see scare of Max when she scares the boys on Halloween? It would definitely be an opportunity to reuse some old Michael Myers costumes (although the jumpsuits would probably be too big, but they could reuse a mask or two :grin:)

Now you're thinking like a logistics person. Make every penny count!

Good to know! I thought the effect was well done last year at Orlando but heard Hollywood had some issues so this make more sense now.

How did Orlando do it last year? We thought it was a really cool effect. Probably for us it was second only to the fact that we got the rain in Poltergeist.

On another note- think they will reuse the Byers house at all? It was so well done last year it's hard to imagine not reusing the set.

How did Orlando do it last year? We thought it was a really cool effect. Probably for us it was second only to the fact that we got the rain in Poltergeist.

On another note- think they will reuse the Byers house at all? It was so well done last year it's hard to imagine not reusing the set.
Pretty sure Orlando used Snow Machines for their effect.

I’ve been thinking about it lately and even though Stranger Things 2 + 3 seem perfect for a scarier maze than ST1 I’m really hoping this doesn’t end up like AHS V2. The seasons in that house(Asylum + Roanoke especially) were perfect for their own mazes but it didn’t really seem as though the house was an improvement from the first.

I personally loved that house but it didn’t seem to click as well as the first house did with general audiences, which I’m hoping doesn’t happen with this house.

I’ve been thinking about it lately and even though Stranger Things 2 + 3 seem perfect for a scarier maze than ST1 I’m really hoping this doesn’t end up like AHS V2. The seasons in that house(Asylum + Roanoke especially) were perfect for their own mazes but it didn’t really seem as though the house was an improvement from the first.

I personally loved that house but it didn’t seem to click as well as the first house did with general audiences, which I’m hoping doesn’t happen with this house.
I'm hoping the same thing, when they announced both seasons 2 and 3 for the house I got excited and worried. Hollywood is doing most of their house based off Season 2 with just a little bit of season 3 at the end, which I'm hoping is how Orlando will construct theirs. I feel that if they do it right, they can make the bit from Season 3 more of a teaser for a full season 3 house next year.

I'm hoping the same thing, when they announced both seasons 2 and 3 for the house I got excited and worried. Hollywood is doing most of their house based off Season 2 with just a little bit of season 3 at the end, which I'm hoping is how Orlando will construct theirs. I feel that if they do it right, they can make the bit from Season 3 more of a teaser for a full season 3 house next year.

That's what I pretty much see, I mean the show is going to have one more season, next year I could see it coming again maybe for one last time and it being based on season 3 and 4 or as a best of house that ends with Season 3 and 4, if they go this route, Universal will have finally ended a house run with an ip that's show had ended you know. Something they couldn't do with The Walking Dead.

That's what I pretty much see, I mean the show is going to have one more season, next year I could see it coming again maybe for one last time and it being based on season 3 and 4 or as a best of house that ends with Season 3 and 4, if they go this route, Universal will have finally ended a house run with an ip that's show had ended you know. Something they couldn't do with The Walking Dead.
I'm curious to see if/how it comes back next year especially next year being year 30 and all. I expect some big stuff is going to happen. They could either end the ST house run next year in a way similar to how your described, or they could stretch it out one more year. Do something like what they might do with year with a tease for the next season, and then year 31 have the final ST house. It'll probably depend on how well it does this year and what plans they have. I don't want this going on forever and people getting tired of it so I feel it could be pushing it doing it 4 years in a row.

It's a big a sell this year no doubt about it, after the record it set last year, half of my friends and others I've talked have expressed their love the series and are telling me that they are wanting to come back to the event when Stranger Things comes back this year. It'll be interesting none the less if they do the opposite route but I feel like they'll miss out on something big for 31 if they hold it out for that long, I'm hoping 30 could be the end all be all for it. It'll definitely burn out people especially when they would want the next big ip to come to the event, some people are still ticked that Haunting Of Hill House hasn't come to the event but you gotta realize it takes time for them to really put a lot of this stuff together, so maybe, if Stranger Things happens next year, people might get Haunting or wait another year after for it that's if Universal still has interest in bringing the ip to the event by then.

The face casting alone in the Stranger Things house was enough to sell me on the entire experience! Was it the scariest house? Not by any means. However, the environments and the incredible look-alike casting and sound cues straight from the show was chill-inducing for me. I am excited to see if they can replicate the same feeling this year with ST 2/3, especially with the scareactors.

The face casting alone in the Stranger Things house was enough to sell me on the entire experience! Was it the scariest house? Not by any means. However, the environments and the incredible look-alike casting and sound cues straight from the show was chill-inducing for me. I am excited to see if they can replicate the same feeling this year with ST 2/3, especially with the scareactors.
Casting did a great job last year! I have heard that Netflix was actually involved in the casting for that house and had to approve all the look-a-likes, so assuming they're that involved again this year and/or some of the same cast comes back I think we'll have a great cast of scare-actors again for this year. I'm mostly excited to see how they lay out the house and how they manage to pull off the Mind Flayer.

Agreed. Although I think Poltergeist was my favorite IP house on scare basis, ST was the most surreal. It all felt like walking through the movie sets, and I wish the line wasn't so crazy - I would have gone through it again and again to take in the detail.

Agreed. Although I think Poltergeist was my favorite IP house on scare basis, ST was the most surreal. It all felt like walking through the movie sets, and I wish the line wasn't so crazy - I would have gone through it again and again to take in the detail.
Yeah I could see myself probably doing a walkthrough of this house maybe once whenever I get a chance on one of the nights, I'll give it a try on the first night but it's going to be the last house on my list to experience at the end of the night for sure.

Since casting news has been floating around recently, does anyone know many of each face scareactors there were? I have heard that there are two of each of the kids (Eleven, Mike, Dustin, etc.) but not sure on the adults. The reason I ask is what if Cast A Eleven is out sick one night? Does Cast B Eleven have to work the entire night non-stop? What if both are out sick, is there just no Eleven that night? It just seems tricky in the sense of having a full cast when unforeseen circumstances can come up.

I went through the house the first Wednesday of the event, and there was no Lucas. Does that just mean that Cast B may not have a Lucas while Cast A does? I'm just really curious about the logistics of this, not only with ST but with any house...

Since casting news has been floating around recently, does anyone know many of each face scareactors there were? I have heard that there are two of each of the kids (Eleven, Mike, Dustin, etc.) but not sure on the adults. The reason I ask is what if Cast A Eleven is out sick one night? Does Cast B Eleven have to work the entire night non-stop? What if both are out sick, is there just no Eleven that night? It just seems tricky in the sense of having a full cast when unforeseen circumstances can come up.

I went through the house the first Wednesday of the event, and there was no Lucas. Does that just mean that Cast B may not have a Lucas while Cast A does? I'm just really curious about the logistics of this, not only with ST but with any house...
Last year they had Mike on one cast and he would be bumped out for Lucas who was on the other cast. They did the same thing with Steve and Nancy, they only had one Steve and he would be bumped out for Nancy in the house. They cast backups for the important roles like these, so last year for example, they had 2 backup Eleven’s that would be put into the role should one of the girls who was on the main cast be unable to work for the evening or had to leave early for any reason. These, and others like them, are very important roles that cannot be left open and have to be filled every night so they make sure there’s a a backup plan with extra scare actors.

Last year they had Mike on one cast and he would be bumped out for Lucas who was on the other cast. They did the same thing with Steve and Nancy, they only had one Steve and he would be bumped out for Nancy in the house. They cast backups for the important roles like these, so last year for example, they had 2 backup Eleven’s that would be put into the role should one of the girls who was on the main cast be unable to work for the evening or had to leave early for any reason. These, and others like them, are very important roles that cannot be left open and have to be filled every night so they make sure there’s a a backup plan with extra scare actors.

Okay that makes sense! Thank you! :)

Something I forgot to add, regarding your question about if one person has to double up on their sets should someone not show up for the night. They cannot be on set more than their schedule 45 minutes, they are very strict about that. So no, no one would ever be asked or made to stay on set past their scheduled 45 minute set.
It's why they will have both casts stay in case of an extension. Even if the house has to extend, by let's say 15 minutes, it means that one cast must be bumped out after 45 minutes and the other cast has to go on set for possibly just a few minutes to close it down.

I hope that made sense, I just woke up and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Something I forgot to add, regarding your question about if one person has to double up on their sets should someone not show up for the night. They cannot be on set more than their schedule 45 minutes, they are very strict about that. So no, no one would ever be asked or made to stay on set past their scheduled 45 minute set.
It's why they will have both casts stay in case of an extension. Even if the house has to extend, by let's say 15 minutes, it means that one cast must be bumped out after 45 minutes and the other cast has to go on set for possibly just a few minutes to close it down.

I hope that made sense, I just woke up and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Got it. That makes sense. So Cast A would be on for 45 minutes and then Cast B would switch with them for 45 and so on?

Also, do they usually stop guest flow during cast changes?