1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

Discussion in 'Haunted Houses' started by Brian G., Apr 29, 2019.

1. SpoopySkeletons

SpoopySkeletons Newcomer

I just made my comment because you mentioned the “best cast” and while (sadly) that can be true for some house and while we all can have personal preferences especially with friends (trust me, this is year 11 with the event for me so I love casts with my friends old and new) but I didn’t think that was fair to say for this house. That’s all! :)

2. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Between the reception that this house and FMTWM are both getting, I would think the latter is a shoe-in for next year.

3. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

I haven’t been; what’s it like, and how does it compare to UM?

4. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Another fantastic night with Cast A. Did ten runs from 1 to 1:45 and got so many sweet interactions. The Gillman that always high-fives me actually picked me up in the air during a hug while another spun me around like a princess. More new faces greeted me tonight, and, according to the girl I met Friday, the cast talks during breaks about how fun it is when I’ve been coming through. I adore this house and I don’t think I can do it too many times. I’m up to 32 now.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    hhnlover and Lucky Planet like this.
  5. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

i honestly think that no one has ever had this much fun at hhn lol

Journey_On, DanB89 and RevFreako like this.
  6. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Man, me a year and a half ago never even thought I’d be able to go any time soon, let alone every single weekend. I’m so happy to say that I can so easily decide to go drive over to Universal, even if it’s already late at night, just because I want to go do one house or see one show or something. Spending a chunk of an hour just going through and seeing all of these people that are excited to see me is a blast.

Lucky Planet likes this.
  7. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

why didnt you think you could before?

8. PenguinCowboy

PenguinCowboy Newcomer

Holy cow! Interactions out the wazoo!!

Having been through it so many times, would you happen to have any insight (or thoughts on at least, haha) some of the remaining mysteries (for me, anyway)? Primarily where the finale is supposed to take place (industrial...monster...warehouse?) or who the hanging man in the Frankie room is supposed to be (Igor or Fritz, sans hump? ...what hump)?

9. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

I’m from Georgia, and like I said before, I’m only twenty, so back then I didn’t have too much autonomy when it came to travel. I’d been into parks for years but things would keep coming up when I tried to actually go (the Zika virus, my mom breaking her foot, everything). I could only go to Universal when my school’s chorus group planned a conpetition.

I met my boyfriend through Tinder in May, three of my six photos being at Uni during those trips because that was what I loved, and he led off the conversation talking about his time as a scareactor in 2017. I shared that the crowds really scared me more than the actors, but he explained how it is firsthand. He’s taken me to parks countless times since, and because he lives here now and I lived here over the summer, I’ve had really easy access to Universal. It’s so crazy when I take a step back and think, “I can just casually go to this event that I’ve been obsessed with since 2015 basically whenever I want.”

That’s stuff I would like to know, too!! I’ll ask, actually. Unsure how much of a concrete answer (ba dum tss) I can get because the closest person to those set pieces that I have the social media of would be a Phantom, but I’ll ask.

If we’re talking speculation, I think it makes sense for it to be a sort of film warehouse, even if it’s an odd choice. Besides the scarers being there, various props are around the room (statue of the Mummy, a gargoyle statue from Hunchback) lying around, which leads me to find this space as a sort of storage area taken over by the actual monsters. I think that the hanging man definitely isn’t the Doctor himself, as has been suggested before, because we already get to see his fate on the table, and the two still look nothing alike. That’s not much of a contribution, but I’ll find something out soon!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  10. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

Monster friends tell me hanging man is definitely Igor. They also brought up the blink-and-you’ll-miss-it Wolfman transformation scene and something about Frollo in Hunchback. I can’t vouch for the last one personally.

11. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Blink and you’ll miss it transformation scene? Is that what the wall shadow after the statue is?

12. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

From what I’ve heard, yes!

SeventyOne and hhnlover like this.
  13. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Awesome, okay! I just made friends with Cast A’s statue, I’ll have to ask him about it! He might know more cool things!

Also, am I missing something, or is the Hugo crypt right after Talbot’s a massive and clear reference to Victor Hugo since we’re going to the Hunchback next? I haven’t heard anybody talking about it and I LOVE it.

Lucky Planet likes this.
  14. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

Honestlly, i thought it was a reference to Hugo Weaving who starred in The Wolfman remake.

SpoopySkeletons and Lucky Planet like this.
  15. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Could be! Maybe they saw it both ways and thought that it would be an interesting addition because of that. I guess it’s all up to interpretation unless someone says something.

Speaking of which, I’m pretty sure UM is on the three-house tour; if anyone does it/has done it before, let us know if it’s mentioned!

Lucky Planet and hhnlover like this.
  16. amar831

amar831 Newcomer

On the 6 house tour I didn't get the chance to go through this house, but our guide did mention that they tried to make very subtle transitions to "connect" one room to the next, like the crashed chandelier spouting electricity between the Phantom and Frankenstein areas.

17. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

Oh, I love that! I didn’t even pick up on that one! I need to look out for the rest of them!

Edit: I watched a video because even though I’ve literally been through 32 times I couldn’t remember any other transitions. Still couldn’t find any for the other rooms, but after the Hugo crypt, there is a gargoyle incorporated into the stonework of another mausoleum before you enter the Hunchback section. Cool!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Lucky Planet, Fallow and amar831 like this.
  18. hhnlover

hhnlover Veteran Member

To all fans of the house, here's a gift. This is audio of a behind the scenes tour of the maze.

19. itsabee

itsabee Rookie

In class, can’t listen; is that UTH? Someone download that before it gets shot down!

20. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

I can officially vouch that Frollo appears in Hunchback. Immediately when you enter his scene, check out the ceiling above the first Gargoyle actor. A mannequin is hanging by the neck and resting on the wooden scaffolding.

MrRoamer and SeventyOne like this.