Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

Exactly. The last time that I went through last night was Cast B’s set, because even though it was 1:42, the change happened a little early. I think that their bungee Wolfman was much more intense than Cast A’s, but I didn’t get enough exposure to them to see their scares.

Scareactors typically go for the middle of a group to get the maximum amount of scares as opposed to just the first person. I was walking through by myself, so I could see them in their boo holes holding back from getting me, only to realize that I was alone and jumping for me late. Even so, none of the Creatures attempted to scare me, even late, so I got a better chance to look around that room a bit.

I think there are several houses that have an equal cast in different ways; Us, I’ve heard, is fantastic regardless of the cast, and I have to say that I agree. I’ve only done it four times, but I’ve gotten to see both. Both Ho1kC casts were fantastic (Spaulding winked at me earlier in the evening, while a different Spaulding held eye contact while directing all of his dialogue at me later. I can only assume this meant Cast A and Cast B based on their faces)!! Still not over Cast B as a whole, who absolutely went above and beyond at the end of the night, as if their energy had only increased significantly over the course of the night.

I’ve been doing Cast A so much for Drew, but now I have all of those friends that I love, too. That’s why I’m just a little sentimentally biased in their favor. Neither is “better” there.

I just made my comment because you mentioned the “best cast” and while (sadly) that can be true for some house and while we all can have personal preferences especially with friends (trust me, this is year 11 with the event for me so I love casts with my friends old and new) but I didn’t think that was fair to say for this house. That’s all! :)

Another fantastic night with Cast A. Did ten runs from 1 to 1:45 and got so many sweet interactions. The Gillman that always high-fives me actually picked me up in the air during a hug while another spun me around like a princess. More new faces greeted me tonight, and, according to the girl I met Friday, the cast talks during breaks about how fun it is when I’ve been coming through. I adore this house and I don’t think I can do it too many times. I’m up to 32 now.

Last edited:
Another fantastic night with Cast A. Did ten runs from 1 to 1:45 and got so many sweet interactions. The Gillman that always high-fives me actually picked me up in the air during a hug while another spun me around like a princess, Dracula dabbed and prompted me to as well, and both Franks initiated games of Rock Paper Scissors with me. They were both during the same set, so it’s not that they coordinated this during a break, and I have no idea how. More new faces greeted me tonight, and, according to the girl I met Friday, the cast talks during breaks about how fun it is when I’ve been coming through. I adore this house and I don’t think I can do it too many times. I’m up to 32 now.

i honestly think that no one has ever had this much fun at hhn lol

i honestly think that no one has ever had this much fun at hhn lol
Man, me a year and a half ago never even thought I’d be able to go any time soon, let alone every single weekend. I’m so happy to say that I can so easily decide to go drive over to Universal, even if it’s already late at night, just because I want to go do one house or see one show or something. Spending a chunk of an hour just going through and seeing all of these people that are excited to see me is a blast.

Man, me a year and a half ago never even thought I’d be able to go any time soon, let alone every single weekend. I’m so happy to say that I can so easily decide to go drive over to Universal, even if it’s already late at night, just because I want to go do one house or see one show or something. Spending a chunk of an hour just going through and seeing all of these people that are excited to see me is a blast.

why didnt you think you could before?

Holy cow! Interactions out the wazoo!!

Having been through it so many times, would you happen to have any insight (or thoughts on at least, haha) some of the remaining mysteries (for me, anyway)? Primarily where the finale is supposed to take place (industrial...monster...warehouse?) or who the hanging man in the Frankie room is supposed to be (Igor or Fritz, sans hump? ...what hump)?

why didnt you think you could before?
I’m from Georgia, and like I said before, I’m only twenty, so back then I didn’t have too much autonomy when it came to travel. I’d been into parks for years but things would keep coming up when I tried to actually go (the Zika virus, my mom breaking her foot, everything). I could only go to Universal when my school’s chorus group planned a conpetition.

I met my boyfriend through Tinder in May, three of my six photos being at Uni during those trips because that was what I loved, and he led off the conversation talking about his time as a scareactor in 2017. I shared that the crowds really scared me more than the actors, but he explained how it is firsthand. He’s taken me to parks countless times since, and because he lives here now and I lived here over the summer, I’ve had really easy access to Universal. It’s so crazy when I take a step back and think, “I can just casually go to this event that I’ve been obsessed with since 2015 basically whenever I want.”

Holy cow! Interactions out the wazoo!!

Having been through it so many times, would you happen to have any insight (or thoughts on at least, haha) some of the remaining mysteries (for me, anyway)? Primarily where the finale is supposed to take place (industrial...monster...warehouse?) or who the hanging man in the Frankie room is supposed to be (Igor or Fritz, sans hump? ...what hump)?

That’s stuff I would like to know, too!! I’ll ask, actually. Unsure how much of a concrete answer (ba dum tss) I can get because the closest person to those set pieces that I have the social media of would be a Phantom, but I’ll ask.

If we’re talking speculation, I think it makes sense for it to be a sort of film warehouse, even if it’s an odd choice. Besides the scarers being there, various props are around the room (statue of the Mummy, a gargoyle statue from Hunchback) lying around, which leads me to find this space as a sort of storage area taken over by the actual monsters. I think that the hanging man definitely isn’t the Doctor himself, as has been suggested before, because we already get to see his fate on the table, and the two still look nothing alike. That’s not much of a contribution, but I’ll find something out soon!

Last edited:
From what I’ve heard, yes!
Awesome, okay! I just made friends with Cast A’s statue, I’ll have to ask him about it! He might know more cool things!

Also, am I missing something, or is the Hugo crypt right after Talbot’s a massive and clear reference to Victor Hugo since we’re going to the Hunchback next? I haven’t heard anybody talking about it and I LOVE it.

Awesome, okay! I just made friends with Cast A’s statue, I’ll have to ask him about it! He might know more cool things!

Also, am I missing something, or is the Hugo crypt right after Talbot’s a massive and clear reference to Victor Hugo since we’re going to the Hunchback next? I haven’t heard anybody talking about it and I LOVE it.
Honestlly, i thought it was a reference to Hugo Weaving who starred in The Wolfman remake.

Honestlly, i thought it was a reference to Hugo Weaving who starred in The Wolfman remake.
Could be! Maybe they saw it both ways and thought that it would be an interesting addition because of that. I guess it’s all up to interpretation unless someone says something.

Speaking of which, I’m pretty sure UM is on the three-house tour; if anyone does it/has done it before, let us know if it’s mentioned!

Could be! Maybe they saw it both ways and thought that it would be an interesting addition because of that. I guess it’s all up to interpretation unless someone says something.

Speaking of which, I’m pretty sure UM is on the three-house tour; if anyone does it/has done it before, let us know if it’s mentioned!

On the 6 house tour I didn't get the chance to go through this house, but our guide did mention that they tried to make very subtle transitions to "connect" one room to the next, like the crashed chandelier spouting electricity between the Phantom and Frankenstein areas.

On the 6 house tour I didn't get the chance to go through this house, but our guide did mention that they tried to make very subtle transitions to "connect" one room to the next, like the crashed chandelier spouting electricity between the Phantom and Frankenstein areas.
Oh, I love that! I didn’t even pick up on that one! I need to look out for the rest of them!

Edit: I watched a video because even though I’ve literally been through 32 times I couldn’t remember any other transitions. Still couldn’t find any for the other rooms, but after the Hugo crypt, there is a gargoyle incorporated into the stonework of another mausoleum before you enter the Hunchback section. Cool!

Last edited:
I can officially vouch that Frollo appears in Hunchback. Immediately when you enter his scene, check out the ceiling above the first Gargoyle actor. A mannequin is hanging by the neck and resting on the wooden scaffolding.