Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

I can officially vouch that Frollo appears in Hunchback. Immediately when you enter his scene, check out the ceiling above the first Gargoyle actor. A mannequin is hanging by the neck and resting on the wooden scaffolding.
Oh true! I’ve only noticed that maybe a quarter of the times I’ve been through, and I didn’t process that that was Frollo! Awesome!

Holy crap, I didn't even notice that lol, every run I have in this house, I am so amazed by the detail, also it looks like they add certain things in the house, I noticed a axe in the Mummy's scene heading into The Phantom's scene and during Dracula's scene one of his brides is floating above, they did a really good job with this house this year. :)

Looks like there might not be a final Frank for Cast B tonight. Meaningless note, but a note nonetheless.

Last edited:
Looks like there might not be a final Frank for Cast B tonight. Meaningless note, but a note nonetheless.

Edit: My Drac said “we missed you” through his mask and I’m so happy !!!

There was one there. Sometimes it just takes reserves longer to get there and get ready with the new reserve system. For what it’s worth lol

I love also the little homage to Gothic in the Hunchback Of Notre Dame part of the house, it took me abit to realize that it was from the house back at 22, would love to see another original to come in the future with the same feeling as that house. :)

Did the UTH tour today and went though this house! It’s right that at the end of each Monster’s room there is a hint to the next Monster. In the very first room the only statue missing from the monsters in the house is Wolfman and there is claw marks on the Talbot grave, with the Wolfman room at the end you see Hugo instead of Talbolt, I forget the Creature hint, At the end of the Creature room you see unwanted coffins, At the end of Dracula’s room you see a coffin with Egyptian symbols on it, At the end of the Mummy room the wallpaper turn into Opera house Wallpaper(with a cool hidden detail about it), then at the end of the Phantom room you see the crashed chandelier. In the finale there is nods to the monsters not in the scene but in the house.

Did the UTH tour today and went though this house! It’s right that at the end of each Monster’s room there is a hint to the next Monster. In the very first room the only statue missing from the monsters in the house is Wolfman and there is claw marks on the Talbot grave, with the Wolfman room at the end you see Hugo instead of Talbolt, I forget the Creature hint, At the end of the Creature room you see unwanted coffins, At the end of Dracula’s room you see a coffin with Egyptian symbols on it, At the end of the Mummy room the wallpaper turn into Opera house Wallpaper(with a cool hidden detail about it), then at the end of the Phantom room you see the crashed chandelier. In the finale there is nods to the monsters not in the scene but in the house.

I thought I also noticed a nod to the Scorpion King last night, when I was exiting out of the Mummy scene and before I walked into the Phantom scene, on right side on the floor, I thought I saw a shield of The Scorpion King, I could be wrong but it looked like it, definitely need to do another run to see if I can recognize the symbol.

Will post more when I gather ALL of my thoughts, but my UTH guide explained that those ropes that people were talking about actually ARE interactive! Any rope with fabric wrapped around it (they should be on your left) in the Notre Dame scene is pull-able. They don’t trigger anything, but can enhance the idea that you’re in the bell tower and can ring the bells as well!

Will post more when I gather ALL of my thoughts, but my UTH guide explained that those ropes that people were talking about actually ARE interactive! Any rope with fabric wrapped around it (they should be on your left) in the Notre Dame scene is pull-able. They don’t trigger anything, but can enhance the idea that you’re in the bell tower and can ring the bells as well!
I thought one of them felt like the rope that was a trigger for a house a couple years ago. I can remember what it was for the life of me, Tomb of the Ancients?

I thought one of them felt like the rope that was a trigger for a house a couple years ago. I can remember what it was for the life of me, Tomb of the Ancients?

There was also one I believe in the H.R. Bloodengutz house back at 21, during the Christmas scene, I could be mixing my houses or something but I feel like they've used that trigger a few times before then.

Super dead stay and scream tonight and tripled up monsters with second and 3rd being complete solos. I love the cast interactions when you repeat. Dracula was in my face and doing a split in the doorframe then followed me half way through the brides room. Creatures and Frank's and brides were also superb as well as the rest of the cast. If anyone knows these guys please let them know they are the mvps .
5:45 to 6:15 cast? If so, I’ll let all of these individuals know!!

Still have our express to blow through tonight. They go back on 11:30 right?
11:30-12:15 and 1-1:45, and that last set is always super dead and all you have to do is ask ops and they’ll almost always let you through from the exit straight back to the entrance!! That’s how I do it so much.

I'm just saying y'all are gonna get some people in serious trouble with rehires. You just identified a bunch of cast members doing things they really are not supposed to be doing and can be reprimanded for. I get that you're having fun and are enjoying the special interactions, but please think twice about what you're posting about online. Management reads these forums.

I'm just saying y'all are gonna get some people in serious trouble with rehires. You just identified a bunch of cast members doing things they really are not supposed to be doing and can be reprimanded for. I get that you're having fun and are enjoying the special interactions, but please think twice about what you're posting about online. Management reads these forums.
Gotcha. You’re right. I’ve been a little caught up in it. I’m fixing it now as best as I can.

Edit: Went back through and consolidated everything I could to leave out specific interactions. People have replied to those posts so my commentary is still there, so I can't purge all of it completely. I'm sorry.

While rereading all of the questions from the beginning of the event, I do have some answers that I can give without putting anybody out there. The final room is an "end credits" sequence where we get to see a few of the biggest stars together. My tour guide explained that, since we're "good fans" and waited until the very end of the credits, we get the final Frank jumpscare. The UTH guides, at least, have not been given an explanation of why the room looks like that, but she believes that it represents the basement/catacomb-area under Dracula's castle. I made a little joke about it being a clubhouse and she decided that's what she was going to say if anybody asked about that from now on.

Franks are not on stilts, but some are in platform shoes. Only some. One of them is just that tall and gets away with a fantastic scare without the need for the shoes. Try to figure out which one.

Last edited: