Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Universal Monsters

I'm just saying y'all are gonna get some people in serious trouble with rehires. You just identified a bunch of cast members doing things they really are not supposed to be doing and can be reprimanded for. I get that you're having fun and are enjoying the special interactions, but please think twice about what you're posting about online. Management reads these forums.

Thank you SO MUCH for saying this. Not only that but other fans read these forums and then expect the same kind of interaction or get the “not fun” cast aka the cast following show direction (I’ve literally heard this about monsters). Then we have to deal with people getting pissy that they’re not getting “special interactions”, we also have another cast getting crap for following the rules, and then another cast that could get fired / no rehires (which honestly in my opinion is fair because some of these interactions, cough drac on stage cough, are out of control dangerous and out of character). I love this house and it’s been rough in this regard specifically

I'm just saying y'all are gonna get some people in serious trouble with rehires. You just identified a bunch of cast members doing things they really are not supposed to be doing and can be reprimanded for. I get that you're having fun and are enjoying the special interactions, but please think twice about what you're posting about online. Management reads these forums.
Thanks for reminding me... Catacombs was disqualified from HotY because of the Cats and Combs game; breaking show to interact with guests. Fans loved it. Management was furious. Patrick scolded us for about 20 minutes, with a stack of printed out forum posts in his hands.

Relatively anonymous internet praise shouldn’t cost people their jobs. Regardless of what cast I’ve seen, both of them brought fantastic energy and put a lot into making the house my favorite this year (which was Ghostbusters’ to lose in my own opinion.)

Thanks for reminding me... Catacombs was disqualified from HotY because of the Cats and Combs game; breaking show to interact with guests. Fans loved it. Management was furious. Patrick scolded us for about 20 minutes, with a stack of printed out forum posts in his hands.

I remember HR Bloodengutz got similarly in trouble in 2011 for similar shenanigans.

Relatively anonymous internet praise shouldn’t cost people their jobs. Regardless of what cast I’ve seen, both of them brought fantastic energy and put a lot into making the house my favorite this year (which was Ghostbusters’ to lose in my own opinion.)
Except it's praise for breaking character, which is something Universal doesn't want (unless breaking character is necessary for a performer's safety--that's literally their only exception). Their goal is for everyone to get a high-quality show. When performers are hyper engaged with their friends, they’re not engaging other people. That’s not what they’re paid for.

And people HAVE gotten talked to this year about things that have been found online. Relatively minor stuff to the average guest. The guest probably liked the interaction. Universal didn’t.

Don’t get me wrong in this discussion, I am not innocent. I’ve dragged friends into my boo-hole, and stole a cat (and returned it in the next room). Fun stuff. And it happens. Management hates it though. If you’re in a position to enjoy those moments, enjoy them. Then post about them after the run.

Related to what everyone has been saying... I’ve already heard whispers back of house that due to multiple character integrity (this IS an IP still) and social media policy infractions this house may not be in consideration any more. That particular cast absolutely should of known better. Hopefully it is just whispers because I think monsters is the most deserving contender for HOTY. And that would really really suck for the one cast that worked their butts off without messing around

Does anyone remember the line that Dracula would say? I’ve been watching walkthroughs of the house and can never quite hear the Latin phrase in it’s entirety. Does anyone Know it?

Does anyone remember the line that Dracula would say? I’ve been watching walkthroughs of the house and can never quite hear the Latin phrase in it’s entirety. Does anyone Know it?
I’ll try to get in contact with him again to ask, but I’m pretty sure that my Dracula said it’s something along the lines of “beautiful wives,” referring to Dracula’s brides. He didn’t even know the exact phrase, but management gave the explanation. I’ll get back to this!

Edit: the phrase is “ult ayum,” which is a command to go forth but particularly towards a group of women, ie. the brides.

Edit 2: this may not be the exact spelling, but this is roughly what it sounds like and what it means, as confirmed by the show directors.

Last edited:
I’ll try to get in contact with him again to ask, but I’m pretty sure that my Dracula said it’s something along the lines of “beautiful wives,” referring to Dracula’s brides. He didn’t even know the exact phrase, but management gave the explanation. I’ll get back to this!

Edit: the phrase is “ult ayum,” which is a command to go forth but particularly towards a group of women, ie. the brides.

Edit 2: this may not be the exact spelling, but this is roughly what it sounds like and what it means, as confirmed by the show directors.
Thank you so much for taking the time to research this. It means a lot. The line makes sense and is really cool. Much appreciated!!!

I know it was kind of discussed earlier in the thread, but just how does that Hunchback rig work? I've never seen it used at the event prior to this, and looking it up online is getting me nowhere. Is it pneumatic-based, counterweight-based, etc? Is the actor pulled up automatically or does he have to kinda jump a little to get it moving? I literally can't find any info about this type of rig system online, it's driving me nuts lol.

EDIT: Also, if anybody knows of prior uses of this rig that I can look into, lmk!