HHN 31: Fiesta de Chupacabras | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Fiesta de Chupacabras

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Allison

Staff
Apr 18, 2018
10AE2FB7-C419-4CE5-99FE-F039AD9A9C72.jpeg

Listen to Your Abuela and Beware the Chupacabras

Visit a Latin American village where the legend of the creature Chupacabras is celebrated with a colorful fiesta. And the streets are lined with the crimson blood of tourists like you and your amigos.

Interesting how they labeled the village as “Latin American” instead of Mexican as rumored. Hopefully the house design truly represents an ambiguous Latin American village!

Well that answers my PR vs Mexico question officially lol. I am super excited for this one! Can't wait to see it! Feel like this could be a surprise hit

From the Discover Universal podcast:

It's a chupacabras house. It's happening! Finally! But it's a party of the chupacabra right? Well that's what you think. We're walking in as tourists. We're stumbling through and oh! There's this village here and it looks like they're having a party. Let's jump in and have some fun. But no. The chupacabra is appeased by blood so these villagers are luring tourists to basically hack them up, fill up some buckets of blood, put them outside their door, and use them to so that they're not attacked. So you're walking into this trap and not only are the chupacabras there... everywhere... but so are the villagers who are looking to murder you and use your blood to spare themselves. The creature design is awesome. It's a beautiful house. There's so much imagery in my head from there.

Super excited about this house. I just picture colorful lights, festival decor, dancing, actors in flowy Latin American dresses, flags and string lights overhead. The sets are going to be beautiful!
But how do you guys think they will do the creature design? I don't know much about Chupacabra's but I always thought they were dog-like creatures? But this video talks about them as bipedal winged creatures.

chupacabras_para_home_1_crop1619462570710.jpg_561329001.jpg

Super excited about this house. I just picture colorful lights, festival decor, dancing, actors in flowy Latin American dresses, flags and string lights overhead. The sets are going to be beautiful!
But how do you guys think they will do the creature design? I don't know much about Chupacabra's but I always thought they were dog-like creatures? But this video talks about them as bipedal winged creatures.

chupacabras_para_home_1_crop1619462570710.jpg_561329001.jpg

the first, original sighting of the chupi and the first description came from the movie Species ( the first lady to ever report the chupi had recently watched species, and basically described the movie
(A five-year investigation by Benjamin Radford, concluded that the description given by the original eyewitness in Puerto Rico, Madelyne Tolentino, was based on the creature Sil in the 1995 science-fiction horror film Species.[1] The alien creature Sil is nearly identical to Tolentino's chupacabra eyewitness account and she had seen the movie before her report: Radford revealed that Tolentino "believed that the creatures and events she saw in Species were happening in reality in Puerto Rico at the time" )

im really really Really hoping that universal does the original design and not the new dog like design. i hope they did the Species design.
ironically the tooth fairy from last year already looked a little like the chupacabra, face wise
i never heard of wings, but they better look like the tooth fairy with spikes in the back....
alien head, spikes in back, red eyes, fangs. big belly.
now im hoping they didnt change this too much.......

Last edited:
I worry that this ends up TOO similar to the Coven house, considering that it’s another butchery zone. While Coven’s first act and Chupacabra’s last act will likely be very unique, it’s the middle people-with-knives and hung-up limbs that might feel similar, I imagine.

From what I can tell from the videos online this house really didn't go the way I thought it would...doesn't look bad perse but the chupacabras don't look anything like I thought they would and didn't see many goat and livestock deaths which is kinda the point of the chupacabra .... I'm torn I want to love this house but this really took a turn I didn't expect

From what I can tell from the videos online this house really didn't go the way I thought it would...doesn't look bad perse but the chupacabras don't look anything like I thought they would and didn't see many goat and livestock deaths which is kinda the point of the chupacabra .... I'm torn I want to love this house but this really took a turn I didn't expect

looking at the video now.... this house is chupacabra in name only lol. looks really really good but chupacabra looks like
a big wolf?

Reactions: Rikku
I'm sure it will grow on me as the event goes now that I know what to expect but as usual whenever I hype something up or have expectations that is when I am let down. But looks like fun just not what I was expecting especially creature design wise

Set in Latin America with music from Puerto Rico with a monster from Puerto Rico.

Attacked by a cartoony looking cat puppet that I thought was more cute than scary.

2.5/5

yeah they went with the american (texas) second version of chupa:

vfaKhDJ.jpg

puppet in the video looks amazing. but i wanted original chupacabra

I'm sure it will grow on me as the event goes now that I know what to expect but as usual whenever I hype something up or have expectations that is when I am let down. But looks like fun just not what I was expecting especially creature design wise

they probably paid extra close attention to be accurate to latino culture on the sets and costumes and stuff but they definitely didnt get the original chupacabra design