HHN 33: Most Anticipated House | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 33: Most Anticipated House

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Anticipated House?

• Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

• Insidious: The Further

• A Quiet Place

• Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines

• Goblin's Feast

• Triplets of Terror

• The Museum: Deadly Exhibits

• Slaughter Sinema 2

• Major Sweets Candy Factory

• Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I had to rank in terms of excitement:

1. Slaughter Sinema 2
2. Triplets of Terror
3. A Quiet Place
4. Major Sweets Candy Factory
5. Monstruos
6. Goblin's Feast
7. Insidious
8. The Museum
9. UCM: Eternal Bloodlines
10. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

I still maintain that this year’s lineup really isn’t that bad on paper and I’m still more hyped for it than I was for years like 31 and 27. With that being said, from least to most hyped I have:

10. Triplets of Terror - The overall premise here seems both overly simplistic and overly complicated at the same time and I’m worried that might not mesh well and we end up with a house that both doesn’t make sense and feels overly repetitive at the same time.
9. Major Sweets: Candy Factory - I really wish I could have this higher but I am extremely concerned about its location both in terms of length and spacial ability to make this idea work in the way I personally want it to.
8. Insidious: The Further - I’m sure this will be one of the scarier houses of the year and may well end up being one of the better ones, houses that are low on my hype list rent to end up at the top of my actual house rankings haha. Unfortunately I just don’t care about this IP and don’t think it needed to come back for the third time in nine events.
7. Goblin’s Feast - I love that we have another fantasy house and I’m very excited to see how the new tents play out. However, the podcast just didn’t resonate with me like I wanted it to and I’m not really sure why.
6. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - I actually think this house is getting slept on quite a bit. As a Ghostbusters fan and a Ghostbusters 29 house enjoyer I can’t help but have some excitement here. While I’m sure the house won’t be scary I’m also sure we’re going to get a fun spectacle at least. That, and I love a cold house.
5. Museum: Deadly Exhibit - I really love this concept, my favorite of all the houses this year actually I would say. Because of that, I’ve put it here both to keep my expectations in check and because I am a bit worried this idea would’ve been served better in either a soundstage or one of the new tents.
4. Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - Universal Monster houses are always great and I’m very excited for a house that has more Drac centric settings. There’s also that new tent excitement/curiosity at play here for me too. I do wish it had an outdoor facade though and I am slightly worried that it’ll just feel like a random mashup of Bride of Frankenstein Lives and Legends Collide.
3. Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America - I was initially a bit lower on this house out of fear that it wouldn’t really stand out ans an house and not be able to separate itself from its Hollywood counterpart. Thankfully recently those fears have melted away and then some. I’ve loved everything we’ve learned about this house very much. There’s some serious potential House of the Year vibes coming from it to me now.
2. A Quiet Place - I have this high for a few reasons. The first being it’a a totally new and unique IP, and one that I actually like a good bit. The second is I appreciate how experimental it is and the risks being taken by creative. The third is because if this house is executed well then it’ll be a spectacle of which we haven’t had since Alien vs Predator and American Werewolf in London. The fourth being that I love a good puppet house especially when the puppets are as massive as the death angels are being made out to be. This house is completely sink or swim, but I’m an optimist and the house is clearly meant to be the headliner for the year so I choose to believe it’ll swim and swim hard.
1. Slaughter Sinema 2 - This house has been a long time coming so I was already very hyped for it. Then the film list came out and put it over the top Indefinitely for me. I think there are several films in here that could prove good enough to warrant a full house in the future. We just need the cars out front for the facade and everything will be perfect.

Last edited:
1. A Quiet Place - I think Orlando is going to nail this house, it's in a very promising location/SS which housed one of my favorites from last year, Exorcist Believer. I'm also just very very very curious how they're going to execute this IP. I think if they do it well this could be an all-timer.

2. Triplets of Terror - HHN Orlando's first original slasher house in YEARS. How could I not be excited? Also I love gore in my hhn houses and this is being toted as the gore house of the year.

3. Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - An all female Universal Monsters house in a sprung tent... enough said

4. Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America - Monstruos was one of my favorites last year in Hollywood so I can't wait to see Orlando's take on it. The podcast episode got me more hyped tbh.

5. The Museum: Deadly Exhibits - Initially this was lower in my ranking, but I saw some pictures inside of the house and the sets look FANTASTIC. The concept also just sounds really cool.

6. Insidious: The Further - My first Insidious house. The other Insidious houses look really scary so I think this one could be really good.

7. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - I love the original Ghostbusters house so I'm sure this one will be really fun.

8. Slaughter Sinema 2 - I'm looking forward to this house and I'm sure it'll be fantastic, but I don't know. Just not super super excited for it.

9. Goblins Feast - Same here. It'll be a fun house but I'm not that excited for it. The facade looks amazing though.

10. Major Sweets Candy Factor - The location... why F&F????

1. Slaughter Sinema 2
    First one was a classic, can't wait to see what new movies this has and even more excited for the hopeful trailers played on the drive in screen. Also hoping for a Slaughter Sinema shirt that is like the HHN house shirt, with all the fake movie logos on the back.
  2. A Quiet Place
    Have a feeling this will be much further down on my post-event rankings, but in terms of wanting to see how they work in the quiet as well as how they manage the huge monsters, it's certainly one of my most anticipated.
  3. Triplets of Terror
    This just sounds like an intense house. I haven't listened to any podcasts or anything so don't know anything about the house (which adds to the anticipation) so can't wait to experience it.
  4. The Museum
    I tend to like the originals more than IPs, so this just kinda falls here. I'm also intrigued by the lack of details around it.
  5. Insidious - The Further
    I'm not a fan of haunted movies, but from what I remember from past appearances, it had a lot of great scares so looking forward to it.
  6. Monstrous
    I know nothing about Latin American folklore so don't know what to expect from this house. But falls into the bottom half of my hype list since it's a Hollywood retread.
  7. Major Sweets
    Wasn't a fan of the zone at all. Having adult scareactors playing children is very hit and miss. Hope to be very pleasantly surprised by the house.
  8. Universal Monsters Bloodlines
    These mashup houses are getting old, especially when it's B-grade Monsters and great great grandchildren of human characters. The entirely female angle is interesting, but feels forced and doesn't make much sense. Probably my least anticipated monsters house since I've been going to the event.
  9. Goblin's Feast
    While the podcast doesn't mean that's exactly how the house is going to be, that killed it for me. Have a feeling that as long as this isn't too cutesy fantasy, it will shoot up my poste event list.
  10. Ghostbusters Frozen Empire
    I'm one of the few people who LOVED the first Ghostbusters house. But this movie was just terrible. Just returning to all the places from the original, throwing in slimer, the tiny staypufts, just didn't make sense. Then, you have the big baddie of the film and the final confrontation is just....yawn. Everybody is a ghostbuster in the movie too, if it's a character with a name, at some point they're picking up a proton pack and figuring it out thereby making the real/original Ghostbusters seem trivial, insignificant, and weaklings as they had trouble with the weapons. And introducing magic to the series just made no sense with fire guy. Hoping the sets at least look great, and the music will trigger a lot of memberberries, but I really disliked the movie so have almost no hype for the house.

6. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - I actually think this house is getting slept on quite a bit. As a Ghostbusters fan and a Ghostbusters 29 house enjoyer I can’t help but have some excitement here. While I’m sure the house won’t be scary I’m also sure we’re going to get a fun spectacle at least. That, and I love a cold house.
I can't wait for us all to convince ourselves that this house is colder than the other ones lol

Reactions: Kichkinet85
If last year was the strongest line-up on paper in recent memory, this is the weakest. In addition to the glaring 5 Nights/Fallout/Major IP-sized hole, everything feels repetitive. Half of these houses are literally sequels to previous houses/zones with two more feeling like “spiritual” sequels. Going to be on the casts to make or break these.

10) Triplets of Terror – never a fan of gore for gore’s sake. Modern suburbia sets don’t do much for me. And as I’ve mentioned before, this sounds like a concept any cornfield maze could’ve come up with. Hoping there’s a surprise or two here but I just can’t get excited for this one.

9) AQP – speaking of repetitive, is anything more played out at HHN than post-apocalyptic worlds? TWD, TLoU, SoX, DoD, that incomprehensible NY zone… Not sure they can execute the quiet scenes in a hose, afraid the monsters will come off as repetitive. Might work as a “book report” house but the movie has more clever, character-driven moments than iconic scenes, which will be harder to capture.

8) Museum – we still don’t know a lot. And I do like a good urban legend house. But my Spider-Sense is telling me this one is going to come off as cheap and thrown together.

7) Insidious – first house was surprisingly effective. If they capture lightning in a bottle again, could be fun, but I have so little interest in the IP I don’t see this being a favorite.

6) Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire – while I loved the first house (at least at opening), that was based on an adult horror comedy; this is based on a family adventure comedy. Definitely some cool gags from the movie could work in real life, cautiously optimistic this might exceed expectations, but unconvinced. And ice-cold houses always greatly appreciated.

5) Slaughter Sinema 2 - unlike most around here, didn’t love the original, wasn’t scary enough to be horror or funny enough to be comedy. This feels like it might have some Bloodengutz DNA tho, so hoping to enjoy it more.

4) Goblins’ Feast – until last year, no medieval house or zone ever worked for me. Did Dueling Dragons break the curse? Or will this be a thrown-together mishmash of previous costumes and sets? Hoping for the former, with a variety of goblins like Labyrinth. If anything in this year’s weak field is a sleeper, it’s probably this.

3) Major Sweets – no bigger fan of dark comedy houses than me, Wonka feels ripe for a horror parody (in many ways the book is a kid-centric horror novel). Rumored mutated trick-or-treaters could give this a tangible Halloween feel as well, always a plus for me. But F&F such a lousy venue.

2) Monstrous – I also love historical/story houses. Early designs look promising — hoping for a variety of creatures and some cool sets that inspire me to delve into the mythology.

1) Bloodlines – Bride was an all-timer for me, and the UM houses have consistently made my top two this past decade. The “Girls get it done!” theme is a bit forced but the creative team has earned house money when it comes to this IP. Hanging my hopes on this one to be a banger.

Reactions: Galactus
1. Museum: Deadly Exhibits
2. Monstrous: the Monsters of Latin America
3. Insidious: The Further
4. Slaughter Sinema 2
5. Triplets of Terror
6. A Quiet Place 1+2
7. Goblin’s Feast
8. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
9. Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines
10. Major Sweets: Candy Factory

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
10. Ghostbusters: Haven’t seen the movie and don’t really care to, but I’ll try to give it a watch before going. I’m sure it’ll be a fine house but I’m not feeling it.
9. Major Sweets: Kinda been there done that. The premise doesn’t interest me much.
8. Slaughter Sinema 2: The first house was fun but wasn’t ever a favorite of mine, so my expectations remain a little low.
7. Monstruos: This house will probably be amazing but having seen it done already doesn’t really add much excitement.
6. A Quiet Place: Don’t like the property but I think it can make for a good house if done right.
5. Insidious: HHN25’s was really good. I hope this can match its energy. Even though we’ve seen it before the potential for scares are high.
4. Goblin’s Feast: Sounds fun! I’m on board for the premise; nice and simple.
3. Eternal Bloodlines: All previous Monsters houses have been good, so I’m not worried. Everything here sounds great.
2. Triplets of Terror: I’m not exactly sure what to expect so I’m intrigued.
1. Museum: Same as above but more so. Love the concept!

10. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire- Haven't seen it, no real interest in this franchise but I bet the icy environments and ghosts will be cool.
9. A Quiet Place- I think this sounds like it has some really interesting concepts at play: from the unique sound design to the creation of the aliens as practical puppets and animatronics, I really enjoy this franchise, but we'll see how the execution plays out.
8. Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America- I think the CA version of this really benefitted from how tight the Parisian Courtyard venue is. However, I think the sets in FL will be bigger, more differentiated and more detailed. This will be great, no doubt, but it's a been there, done that for me.
7. Major Sweets Candy Factory- The size of those tents is concerning, but a new layout for the F&F queue could make this feel really different and that limited space means they'll have to get really creative with the design. Sweet Revenge was a favorite of mine, and I've always wanted a twisted candy factory haunt, so this has the potential to be really fun with a lot of candy-related gags.
6. Insidious: The Further- Hoping this is really scary, with a ton of ghosts and demons, hitting all the best moments from the franchise.
5. Slaughter Sinema 2- Anthology mazes always mean there's a ton of variety, which I appreciate. Zombie clowns, killer elves, lake sharks, and mummy strippers? Count me in.
4. Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines- I think the FL Universal Monster mazes have all hit (with the exception of Bride), this sounds like the best aspects of Legends Collide (battling monsters, double scares) with all the gothic grandeur of Bride of 2019 Monsters.
3. Triplets of Terror- I love a good bit of nasty violence, this sounds like exactly the kind of mid-tier schlock from the late 80's horror canon. Universal doesn't do a ton of real gritty haunts, so I'm hoping this one delivers. I also like that it looks a bit like Home for the Holidays in that we're traveling from house to house in this killing spree.
2. The Museum: Deadly Exhibits- Still have very little idea what this concept is, beyond an artifact that is corrupting the other exhibits and bringing them to life. Evil Night at the Museum sounds like a lot of fun though.
1. Goblins Feast- I love a high fantasy concept, skrunkly little green freaks in a medieval fantasy village sounds so fun to me.

YouknowhowlongIbeenwaitingforthis?

1) Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines - The Monsters houses have continued to be extraordinary, and Legends Collide is in my top 5 of all time. This not only being a sequel to it, but also to BoFL, and it's an all-female Classic Monsters house in a sprung tent? This is gonna be amazing.

2) Slaughter Sinema 2 - The original Sinema is another house that cracks my top 10 of all time. Such a perfect balance of being goofy while still being a genuinely intense and scary house, and this sounds like it's gonna take it even further, and I could not be more excited. Also, the kinda return of 3D in houses!

3) Triplets of Terror - I don't think many people realize just how big it is that these guys are HHN's new original slashers, which is very exciting. Also, the story for this sounds surprisingly dark, and it's the gore house for this year, AND it's DMP-style sets? I think we're in for a sleeper treat here.

4) Major Sweets' Candy Factory - Originally, this was near the bottom of the hype list for me, but the podcast persuaded me to be excited again. I think this house is gonna be quite more intense and less silly than most are expecting. Curious to see how they pull off the factory in just the tent.

5) The Museum: Deadly Exhibits - Ah, the house we still know almost nothing about (avoiding Unmasking spoilers). My excitement comes largely from the mystery behind what exactly the Rotting Stone is, plus the fact that this is in Sprung 1, which has held my favorite house for the past two years (Descendants and Darkest Deal).

6) Monstruos: The Monsters of Latin America - I love cryptids, and Hollywood's house looked beautiful last year. Most excited to see how they pull off La Lechuza.

7) Goblin's Feast - I love D&D, and this house is giving D&D tavern vibes, which makes me very happy. This one has dropped a bit, however, as the podcast did give me a bit more of a whimsical vibe, rather than a scary one. I'm sure it'll still be scary, but I'm not quite as excited as I was before.

8) Insidious: The Further - Never seen any of the Insidious movies, but the house in 25 was alright, and the section in 27's Blumhouse was then only good part of that house. The psychological aspect here with the repeating Red Doors makes me quite excited.

9) Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - Was not a fan of the 29 house at all and still need to watch the movie, but hey this is the cold house, so it automatically gets some bonus points there.

10) A Quiet Place - I'm happy they're trying out new stuff with this house, and I'm very curious to see how it's executed, but ultimately I just don't see it working out that well.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Loving the variety in everyone's hype lists this year! Goes to show that the event is playing toward different sensibilities with a lot of parity.

Monstruos - The Hollywood OG looked incredible on video. I've been really excited for this ever since it was announced. Now bring us that long-overdue Creepshow house next year!!! :)

Major Sweets - I'm just eager to see if this is finally the recipe for success in the F&F location. A factory/industrial setting gives me some hope that it can recapture the Nazarman's or Disaster! queue vibe that I never got to experience.

Slaughter Sinema 2 - Sequel to my favorite house with a bunch of rooms that are likely inspired by pieces of horror media I love.

Insidious: The Further - Never got to experience Insidious at HHN, but I'm very eager to. The early movies in the franchise operate at such a gonzo pace that I feel it's already a perfect fit for a house experience.

Triplets of Terror - Cast will really make or break this one (in the same way this is the case with every "human antagonist" haunt), but I like what I've seen of it so far. It'll definitely deliver on gruesome, but will it deliver on unrelenting?

The Museum: Deadly Exhibits - Such a cool concept, the things I've seen dropped it a little on my list, but I still think it could wind up exceeding my expectations.

Eternal Bloodlines - Weird to not be more hyped for a Monsters house, but I think it may be in-part due to my ranking of the first Bride house (which was hindered through unavoidable limitations to be fair) and in-part because the podcast & advertising for it have given me more "gothic romantic fantasy YA novel" vibes than pure gothic ones. Not a bad thing, just not my thing.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - Still have to watch the movie. Could be as fun as the first though!

A Quiet Place - I just don't get anything out of the film's monster design to begin with. I hope the execution of them is solid though. Beyond that, we'll just have "post-apocalyptic people" scaring us, which is not my favorite kind of haunt antagonist.

Goblins Feast - Not a big high-fantasy guy. But I appreciate that some people are and those people are ranking this as their most anticipated!

Just like I did with my zones, ow that I'm off work I'll go more in depth.

1. Museum: Deadly Exhibits- This sounds like a very neat idea. Liz is right, Museums can be very creepy.

2. Monstrous: The Monsters of Latin America- One of the best houses from HHNH so I'm happy to be getting it.

3. Insidious: The Further- One of the scariest houses I did from 2015. And still holds that title today. Can't wait to hear Tip Toe Thru' the Tulips with me. And if we get Elise saying "Come on bitch" as a scare I'll be happy. :lmao:

4. Slaughter Sinema 2- A classic house that turned into a GOAT. Really looking forward to the 2nd. I have a nagging feeling it won't live up to the OG Slaughter Sinema I can't get rid of.

5. Triplets of Terror- We don't know much about this house (unless you did the tour) and that intrigues me. I want a podcast on it, but I also don't. It's HHNs take on a slasher which is awesome.

6. A Quiet Place 1+2-A completely new idea. Not sure how they could pull this off. I'm not so sure they can pull it off but I'm interested to find out.

7. Goblin’s Feast- I was excited for this but after hearing people say the podcast (I don't want to listen to them till my drive up to CB Aug 30) was well something I moved this down. Hopefully it's not campy.

8. Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire- The first house was lots of fun but not scary. At least the sets were great, and the movie was a classic. Frozen empire on the other hand isn't a classic and was just an ok movie. Hopefully it's a cold house. Ready to hear the GB theme!

9. Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines- The monsters house usually are some of the bests, but lately they have been biting off too much then they can chew. Last year with Phantom and Hunchback were great, but Invisible man only appeared once and Jykell and Hyde only appeared a few times. Should have been only Phantom and Hunchback. Afride this will be the case here.

10. Major Sweets: Candy Factory- F&F, do I need to say more?

1. Major Sweets:

The scarezone is probably my favorite scarezone of all time (neck and neck basically tied with Graveyard from the same year), Willy Wonka is one of my favorite books/movies, love the idea of going into the factory. And I know and am friends with one of the actors here and can’t wait to see her in it! A little skeptical of the F&F location, but trying not to let that bother and having faith they’ll do it justice. So hyped from everything else.

2. Slaughter Sinema 2

Love the first, and the list of movies and information from the USA Today confirmed the hype even more for me.

3. Insidious

One of my favorite franchises, I think it’s been long enough at least since it got its own house and I’m excited for it to be in a soundstage this time. Can’t wait to be back in this franchise again!

4. Monstruos
Wasn’t able to experince Hollywood’s version, but I saw videos of it and it looked amazing. Can’t wait to see those creatures, looks like it’ll make for an amazing house and I have faith Orlando will do it even better

5. Universal Monsters

Love the Universal Monsters, and have adored all the previous UM houses so far so I have no doubt this’ll be the same. Bummed Dracula’s daughter isn’t a little girl ballerina named Abigail, but otherwise sounds dope and I’m sure it’ll be great.

6. A Quiet Place

Love the movie & this definitely has potential to be amazing, and I’m very intrigued to see how they do it. I appreciate how ambitious it is. A little skeptical of it still.

7. Museum.

Sounds cool, scary Night at the Museum kinda. Idk it still feels pretty mysterious and unknown but it does sound really cool and potentially very creepy.

8. Goblins Feast

A little unsure what direction this is going in still. It’ll go up the list a lot if it’s more Wickes Growth, but if it’s more fantasy along lines of Dueling Dragons then it’s gonna stay down

9. Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

I like the movie a lot, but I am very skeptical of how this movie will translate to a house, but very interested and excited to see them have the villain from the movie in it. Also gets points for presumably having versions of McKenna Grace and Paul Rudd in it.

10. Triplets of Terror

I’ll admit seeing stuff from the tour did help me get more hype for this but still think it’s at the bottom in comparison to others. Description and art was too vague and unknown for me to really get hype for at all. But unsure if it’ll really be for me, but also kinda figuring to be surprised lol.

Reactions: SeventyOne
1. Universal Monsters

2. The Museum

3. Goblins Feast

4. Slaughter Sinema 2

5. Major Sweets

6. Triplets of Terror

7. Monstruos

8. A Quiet Place

9. Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

10. Insidious