1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Discussion in 'Halloween Horror Nights 2017' started by Jon Fu, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Horror Lover

Horror Lover Member

Farewell HHN 2017, I had fun the two nights I went.. Let's all hope HHN 2018 strikes back with a vengeance!

2. Barbie06

Barbie06 Newcomer

Nice catch on this! This is the first I have heard about this. I am a huge fan of stranger things but I don't want this as a maze. I just don't think it would fit, especially if you haven't seen the show it may be confusing.

Thanks to everyone here I follow on IG. The pics and videos from last night even made me teary eyed haha Onwards and upwards to 2018!

Chris Galindo and ush.hacker like this.
  3. Ridesandstuff

Ridesandstuff Rookie

This is mainly why I went to Knotts instead this year. HHN just looked like much of the same and none of the properties other than The Shining really interested me to be honest

4. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Anyone who went to closing night last year remembers before even the event started that night, maybe even the day before, all of the merch was gone. During the festivities towards closing, there was a massive mob of people surrounding the scareactors to see them do the final chaseout.

This year, there was so much leftover merch on clearance, they had to constantly shout to everyone that it was all 75% off. During the chaseout, there was only a good handful of people to watch. That’s a testament to how poorly received this year was.

5. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

I honestly believe that Stranger Things would be a better fit at Knott's if they ever decided to go back to IPs.

Chris Galindo and ush.hacker like this.
  6. DTH

DTH Member

Or maybe this year, they ordered way more merch because they ran out too early the year prior. And maybe chainsaw chaseout is getting old, just like Terror Tram. As tame as this year was, I wouldn't say those two things are anywhere near indicators of guest satisfaction.

This actually may be true. And they'd have to take a lot of creative liberties to make it work. To the point of it being stupid. Ever notice how the first 85% of a Knotts maze is great until the end, they try to twist the nightmare to become bigger than reality, and suddenly there's giant animatronic monsters and actors dressed in outfits that make no sense to the story anymore? Every Knotts maze ever. Even the "good" ones. Paranormal Inc is one of 'em. I love a good KSF maze, but sometimes they need to end way sooner than they do so they don't go overboard. HHN has fallen victim to this a few times as well, but those endings always made sense, and it doesn't happen in every maze like KSF does. Anyway, as I was saying, Stranger Things would totally work at KSF -- just don't expect it to fully be Stranger Things. Sometimes this is good (The Grudge/Quarantine), sometimes this is bad (Beowulf). Who knows.

7. ush.hacker

ush.hacker Veteran Member

8. ush.hacker

One minor change that could've made The Shining that much better:

Instead of blackout Hallways you spend a few extra bucks to make detailed overlook hotel hallways!!!!:bang::jaw:

9. Spookies n' Stuff

Spookies n' Stuff Member

Mhm, felt the same about the "You fight like a girl" hallway in AvED, Just make it look like a cabin dammit!

Freak likes this.
  10. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

You know this year was terrible for immersion where the one scene in all of the houses I actually felt like I was actually “there” was Happy Death Day in Blumhouse. Ugh. Everywhere else the black walls killed that.

HorrorNightsFan13 likes this.
  11. ush.hacker

I totally agree with that but, that scene was supposed to be a separation between the upstairs and basement section of the cabin.

12. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Still a lazy transition, especially if there are scareactors in there. That makes the black hallway a part of the environment when it shouldn’t be.

13. ush.hacker

So TOT, good or bad use of blackouts?

14. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Okay those were appropriate. I may have exaggerated some. But it’s sad when Death Day is more immersive than Shining or Ash. Sad.

15. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

Let's be real though, Titans should have ended with a return to the bedroom in shambles and the Titans "invading."

That long (LONG) black "little pigs" hallway in Shining should've been the cold storage room.

16. MacMillian Crew

MacMillian Crew Veteran Member

When I first heard about Titans of Terror, I thought it was gonna be Freddy, Jason and Leatherface escaping the uber fan's nightmare and wrecking havoc in his neighborhood, and you would go in between houses and stores, looking at the carnage and victims of those 3 slashers.

HorrorNightsFan13 and marip123 like this.
  17. HorrorNightsFan13

HorrorNightsFan13 Rookie

I think if it was a planned from the beginning maze we could’ve seen something like that, a much more original take. But since it was a replacement maze, it makes sense for it to just be a reuse of Freddy Jason and Leatherface, but it was one of the best mazes of this year

18. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

ToT had a lot of heart and my favorite scare this year - albeit I was disappointed by the overall maze.

19. DTH

DTH Member

I thought something similar, like what they did with the AVP maze. Honestly, if they want to repeat ToT just so they can do that, I'm all for it. I was also thinking it may just be a nightmare with all 3 slashers included, but spearheaded by Freddy like the '08 Terror Tram. And I had like 2 other ideas of what it could be. But no matter what I was thinking, it was all the characters AT ONCE, not separated, so I was disappointed in that aspect but I still thought it was a decent maze. And even with the idea they did choose, it should have been, as said, all 3 titans returning at the end to kill the boy.

20. ush.hacker