HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The thing I'm most excited about for this year is seeing the Roanoke house in AHS. Since they're only doing one season I'm expecting that house to be very damn good

I am curious of the wildcard that is The Conjuring Replacement. We have two possibilities, and that either one would be creature heavy as opposed to last year's house; and that both could bring unique potential for the event to tackle. Whether it's one of those two, we'll probably be waiting till MSS or ScareLA for that announcement.

If I was to guess,

Anytime during this week: Evil Dead
SDCC: Saw (I feel they will keep that name of the IP for the sake of the house, while marketing for the new film)
MSS: Blumhouse
In-Between that and ScareLA: Jabbawockeez
ScareLA: Wildcard for WW Queue
Shortly after that: Terror Tram with the official unveiling of the site with rides and scarezones shown off

But that's a lot of content to fit into that one maze...

American Horror Story would like to say hi.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
The IPs they chose for Blumhouse were specifically chosen because they aren't strong enough to have their own mazes. I'm sure the team knew what they were doing during the design and layout processes.
Well I'm not saying that it can't be done because they showed how they could do that with AHS, what I'm more worried about is the scare quality to the maze

Because the IPs they have I think could be really scary (sinister, get out, etc)

Well I'm not saying that it can't be done because they showed how they could do that with AHS, what I'm more worried about is the scare quality to the maze

All I can say is wait until the event to find out. As we learned from the past, announcements are misleading; we've had mazes that sounded great when first announced, but were terrible in execution, and vice-versa.

I am curious of the wildcard that is The Conjuring Replacement. We have two possibilities, and that either one would be creature heavy as opposed to last year's house; and that both could bring unique potential for the event to tackle. Whether it's one of those two, we'll probably be waiting till MSS or ScareLA for that announcement.

Would one of these houses have had a sequel this year named Covenenant, and the other take place in Outpost 31? I know The Thing's been debunked but I still see potential *that and I want it badly to come*

All I can say is wait until the event to find out. As we learned from the past, announcements are misleading; we've had mazes that sounded great when first announced but were terrible in execution, and vice-versa.
Yes I definitely agree with this, just curious to see how this whole event comes together with all these changes, dropped mazes leaked lineup, and crazy mazes that are suppose to happen. I have faith in murdy and his team and will always be an attendant at HHN

I feel this year is gonna go like how every other year is planned. Considering more than 90% of the guests who attend the event probably don't even know about these forums or what happens behind the scenes with leaked lineups, people will treat this year like the past ones, most not even knowing about The Conjuring being dropped or what the guessing game was for the WaterWorld queue.

Reactions: snayberry
I feel this year is gonna go like how every other year is planned. Considering more than 90% of the guests who attend the event probably don't even know about these forums or what happens behind the scenes with leaked lineups, people will treat this year like the past ones, most not even knowing about The Conjuring being dropped or what the guessing game was for the WaterWorld queue.
Haha very true

Someone on Twitter called the people on here and possibly Nightmares who were talking about the whole Murdy as a whole debacle, "fake fans". It was really funny because I don't think fake fans would dedicate their time and money to an event every single year.

Last edited:
The opportunity we have as fans on these forums is that we are able to better analyze the possibilities of mazes, how they'll be structured, what can or can't be used at the event, and much more; giving us an advantage over most fans with not only knowing what's at the event this year, but having an idea of how the properties will be executed, as well as better tips to get our money's worth.

I don't think we should limit the Conjuring replacement to just Alien and The Thing...
That maze really is a wild card but it could truthfully be anything. I talked with somebody recently who said that a VIP guide told them they were doing an IT maze based on the new movie. While I would love that, I don't know how likely it'll be. If it does happen though, I'll happily eat some crow. And I don't know how credible the tour guide may be. Whenever I've done the VIP tour I've ended up telling the guides more about the lineup than they knew but who knows. Just saying we shouldn't be close minded on this replacement maze, it could be almost anything. I'm sure word on what it is will surface soon, either through a leak or an official announcement. So we'll just have to wait

I think that murdy is amazing at what he does and I didn't attack him when I heard of the TCM leaked maze because even thought I wanted to jump off a bridge hearing that TCM was coming back I knew that it wasn't going to be a throw away house because murdy would have done his thing with it. And we have to keep in mind that he has to work with executives and marketing people and find ideas for mazes that would apeal to everyone not just the hardcore fans of HHN. Trust me if TCM was coming back murdy wouldn't be a fan of it either

I think that murdy is amazing at what he does and I didn't attack him when I heard of the TCM leaked maze because even thought I wanted to jump off a bridge hearing that TCM was coming back I knew that it wasn't going to be a throw away house because murdy would have done his thing with it. And we have to keep in mind that he has to work with executives and marketing people and find ideas for mazes that would apeal to everyone not just the hardcore fans of HHN. Trust me if TCM was coming back murdy wouldn't be a fan of it either
I didn't give any input on the issue on here but I went over it briefly on Twitter. I disagree on the whole thing but that's all I can do. No matter what it's someone's opinion about Murdy. I wasn't too happy about the possibility of Leatherface "coming back" but I didn't want to fly off the handle and get schooled when the event arrives. Let's just say that if the replacement is still Leatherface (which is unlikely at this point but who knows) it'd be like you said. The creative team would not let it be a throw away.

I'm still holding out for a midnight announcement, but if not, there better be an announcement or an update from Murdy in the morning, otherwise mine and I hope others patience will have run out.