HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
The announcement is already known for a lot of us..what i'd be really interested is 'If' they have a special guest. I could very well see this year being just Announcement, John and Chris talking about the house itself and Q&A/Trivia.

There's no need for announcing 'Halloween'

We already knew it was coming...I think a scare zone announcement is needed...As that's all we have no info on..Hopefully we get info soon..

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no need for announcing 'Halloween'
From the standpoint, it is important in a few ways. Usually for a ScareLA announcement, it might be one of the best houses of Horror Nights for the year, (Insidious in 2013 and arguably, AWIL for some others in 2014). Halloween is also a big IP that can get a lot of people buying tickets fast, due to the relevancy the film franchise had. So as much as it is known, it hasn't been officially confirmed. So atleast they get a lot of people excited.

No need to announce it?.... um.. yea no..

As part of the fan community, we make up about 10% of the people that attend the event. Just because we know what will be at the event due to super sleuthing & insider info, doesn't mean the rest of the people do as well. The general public are not the smartest people, they will ask what will be at the event on the FB page rather than taking 2 seconds to just look at the official website (its even worse when fans do that).

So yes, Halloween requires an announcement just like everything else because 75% of the people that attend are not part of a fansite of some kind, so they have no idea of the rumors. Then you have the park guests who will see the construction, but due to all of the other construction going on in the park, they might think its something else due to not being familiar with HHN.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Just a little thing to mention, as of right now. I was correct and that there will be no guest for the announcement.

...nevermind, a third chair has been added.

J2Vhdnw.jpg

"Halloween: The Boogyman in the Form of a Murdering Man in a Mask Returns to the House Where the Horror First Began"

or otherwise known as "Halloween: Michael MyerZ Comes Home 3D Zombievision 360 Featuring The Walking Dead"

[i have nothing against the title btw

Translation: Hollywood's version of Orlando's 2014 house which was a version of Hollywood's 2009 maze...

As I mentioned a while back, expect to see 10 Michael Myers mannequins in this year's maze. I'm expecting Orlando's  "crowded room" gag-scare... although, since it is Murdy, watch it be a double Michael Myers horde scare like we saw in Dracula Untold last year. :wacko:  We should get some maze info from Murdy via twitter sometime tonight, if not tomorrow morning.

Yay façade image... I haven't really paid attention to anything today, I'll see if a video of the panel is on youtube. But with the multiple-mannequins & Halloween 3 scene in the maze, it seems to be borrowing Orlando elements. Which is what I meant by the "Hollywood's version of Orlando's", since Orlando made changes from the 2009 version for their version last year. I'm curious to see how this "paranormal" take turns out because it sounds .....odd.

I like the dilapidated look of the Myers house though, opposed to the "clean" version seen in 2009/2014..

Park and Cons is currently uploading snippets of the panel on their channel and what I found most interesting is that they're using pepper's ghost effect to mimic how Michael appears and disappears in the beginning of the film.

Reactions: Wesker69
^Yea. I just watched their videos they uploaded & I was actually just going to mention the pepper's ghost effect too haha. We now know what one of the 10 mannequins will be used for. My only fear is that they will try to rely on this effect too much. If it sets up a good scare, that's fine.. but we've seen what happens when certain effects are popular/effective (same goes for Orlando as well).

Murdy/Chris mentioned the finale scene being "Michael Myers being everywhere at once" which seems to hint at Orlando's crowded room/hallway. It has been done a few different years in Orlando, in a few different ways... 2008's "Dead Exposure" was the scariest/most effective, but it was also the first. 2012's "House of Horrors" took a different approach, but also effective. So it will be interesting to see what they have planned for an "everywhere" type of scare/effect.

oh yea...  "The Ghost of Michael Myers" was the original maze subtitle :unsure:  "Michael Myers Comes Home" doesn't seem so bad now..

It really seems that this year there is a very common paranormal/supernatural theme between all the mazes. AVP, Crimson Peak, Insidious, Halloween (The way it was explained to be at scarela), even TITE somehwhat ties into it. With the exception of Walking Dead and Purge of course lol. The entrance scare zone too was hinted at being something "nonhuman". This idea really intrigues me since this seems very new to the event. I like the idea of hhn having one main concept.

How is AVP paranormal/supernatural?.,... its sci-fi horror.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in the "one main theme" idea for the event. Murdy doesn't like  to do that kind of thing, that is more of an Orlando type of thing. It's only coincidence. Also, its not new to the event, an overall theme was attempted very loosely in previous years when the event returned in 2006 indirectly with the use of icons (something else Murdy doesn't seem to care for). The Director in 2006, Jack the Clown in 2007, Freddy Krueger in 2008, Jigsaw in 2009... So it has been done, but not well because as I said, its not Murdy's thing. Which is a shame because the Terror Tram could be the anchor, like it sort've was.

As for the entrance scarezone, "nonhuman" doesn't automatically mean something paranormal/supernatural either. It could very well be aliens, cyborgs, or some other non-human monster "that hates humans".