HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
TWD is coming back, it's a fact. I guarantee it will be the next maze announcement, followed by Halloween, This is the End, and finish with AvP. Just my guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
mPjo4dV.jpg

ScareLA announcement has to be Halloween at this point. 

^yep. And if the rumor about John Carpenter being there is true, it would only make sense. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to dig up anything confirming said rumor though. But yea... I just can't see "This is the End" being our ScareLA announcement, its possible, but unlikely.

I'm expecting TWD and AVP to be announced before ScareLA.. If we are getting an IP sz for the Lower Lot, maybe an announcement for that as well...

And if the rumor about John Carpenter being there is true, it would only make sense. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to dig up anything confirming said rumor though. 
That's just wishful thinking from fans. Could happen but I won't hold my breath for it. 

That is not how it works. Besides, instead of a 7th maze, we are getting a show. It is the same reasoning they used last year, only in reverse.

in other news, the Crimson Peak tent is up in the metro sets..

p2aAQVj.jpg

-credit goes to djtechg on youtube

Reactions: Alexshow.
If we lost a maze :/ might as well put a scarezone in springfield to make up for it
Losing a maze will help in many ways; Capacity wise. There will be a show so atleast that's good to get people off. Then Springfield will probably be open so that'll get people off the streets also. And if you put F&F Express near Waterworld (I believe they do this during the Early morning times also at this location) you have balancing out. This year will work more than the past few years on Capacity and upkeep. It also lets John work more on some of these houses getting better details in some of them.

Honestly, as nice it would be to have a SZ in Springfield, I almost feel like it would be a bad idea congestion-wise. You've got a show right there in Castle Theater, you've got dining options right there in Springfield, you have the Terror Tram entrance, Simpsons ride, & Lower Lot...

While I wouldn't mind seeing something clown/carnival related due to Krustyland being right there, I just thing it would end up causing more of a clusterf**k in that area which is already going to be somewhat busy as it is. I see us getting 5 SZs (entrance, Baker st, French st, Lower Lot, Metro sets) like last year. Maybe we will get lucky though and they will put a SZ in Springfield.

The only thing is, adding a 6th SZ does nothing to help with crowds. Another show (or two) & another Maze is what is needed, but neither will happen without some type of sacrifice.

Reactions: chris.g
Honestly, as nice it would be to have a SZ in Springfield, I almost feel like it would be a bad idea congestion-wise. You've got a show right there in Castle Theater, you've got dining options right there in Springfield, you have the Terror Tram entrance, Simpsons ride, & Lower Lot...

While I wouldn't mind seeing something clown/carnival related due to Krustyland being right there, I just thing it would end up causing more of a clusterf**k in that area which is already going to be somewhat busy as it is. I see us getting 5 SZs (entrance, Baker st, French st, Lower Lot, Metro sets) like last year. Maybe we will get lucky though and they will put a SZ in Springfield.

The only thing is, adding a 6th SZ does nothing to help with crowds. Another show (or two) & another Maze is what is needed, but neither will happen without some type of sacrifice.
A Treehouse of Horror overlay for the ride would make more sense than a scarezone. Wouldn't happen but it would be awesome nonetheless.

Funny you should say that.... back when the Simpsons Ride was being created, (the current version, not the original Nuclear Power Plant concept version).. the creators of Simpsons wanted to create a ride film specifically for the Halloween season, but Universal told them "NO" because they didn't want something to take away from the hype/crowds the new ride would bring in that first year or so.... and we all saw how well that turned out, for Orlando anyway.. the ride didn't have the long waittimes Universal expected it to see, gee what a shock...  As for what the overlay would entail, I believe it was supposed to be the Krustyland attraction "Dr Freakenstein", but I'm not sure.

And the ride was supposed to have been converted to 3D by now as well, but that hasn't happened (lets hope it never happens). I'm still holding out hope for a Halloween overlay one day, even though I'm sure it will never happen unfortunately.

Welp.... today was "scent day" for Murdy :unsure:

He more or less confirmed the return of "dirt" & "vomit" scents for this year, and made the comment about wanting to use the "pumpkin" scent again as well...