HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Good point... but isn't the entry path roughly the same width as Baker/French st though? If you think about it, the pathway shouldn't be any less wide than in the past since the building is just now using what used to be stairs/flat concrete areas/queue space...
It slightly cuts into the street a bit more, especially the new entrance besides Universal Plaza tower. It will very interesting to see how it all turns out. Would this eventually mean the removal of the flame towers? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... that is a very good question. I don't believe so. I think there is still space for the flame bar. I know it is cool to use for the entrance SZ, but it can easily be used elsewhere I'm sure. (randomly on the lower lot?). While I do like the flame bar, we could easily still have flame pyro as stand-alone towers. I firmly believe HHN requires fire in SZs just for the hell of it haha...

Too bad they couldn't find a way to rig up blame bursts on the main entrance arch(es)!! :D

Shrek Is Love, Shrek Is Life: 4D
"You can feel the action with an all new seat vibration technology!"
King Schlong: 360-3D
"It's a different kind of animal..."

And Murdy is sitting behind the complaints counter, rubbing his hands together, smurking evily as he listens to 12 year olds complaining about Shrek dongers on a big screen and huge yellow banana-smelling butts popping out in their face on a simulator ride.

"Baaanaanaaaaaaaa"

Well then,That about wraps it up...Announcement this week or next week which has no codename

So idk which one that is.? (TWD)

Scare La announcement (Halloween)

& Final Announcement (AVP)

Of course we could get the terror tram announcement before as well :p

Then obviously Scare zones & (Jobawockeez) last

Oh yeah this is the end

Almost forgot ! Before or after scare LA

Won't post the photos on here but a guest at the park decided to take some over the wall photos of the construction going on in Parisian Courtyard. All the borders where the walls will be placed have been laid out and not surprisingly it looks like the long black hallway is returning. Layout looks pretty cramped in the first room. 

A little tweet from John on the wildcard, Terror Tram and..its making me think more its not The Purge now. He has stated that even though the Terror Tram isn't TWD, he won't be announcing it anytime soon and at best, after ScareLA. He also mentioned with the tweet that the reasoning is due to he has to also film something. The other thing I want to mention was I think spoke about a while back that he also mentioned on Twitter that when recording a video for it, it had a lot of gore and blood, something the Purge doesn't really have.

And my reasoning why I don't think its The Purge is two reasons, Time sensibility and it wouldn't be relevant this year. Come back next year and you got yourself a possibility.

He also said the tram is going to be hard to do this year,Something he hasn't done before..A challenge,So he needs a special consultant,Which doesn't lead to The purge

"I think it's funny when I read rumors where people claim to know the reasons for certain things and of course are completely ignorant..." Is murdy denying the rumors.? ....

... I always think, "wow I didn't realize you were in the room with me when I was trying to make that deal!" Silly, silly, silly...

From murdy himself.

^^  It's Purge, let's just say what he's filming for it is finally a sign that Universal does potentially have some sort of Balls left in them.

Won't post the photos on here but a guest at the park decided to take some over the wall photos of the construction going on in Parisian Courtyard. All the borders where the walls will be placed have been laid out and not surprisingly it looks like the long black hallway is returning. Layout looks pretty cramped in the first room.
May I ask where I can find that picture?

I LIIIIIVE!...... sorry, been busy the past day or two, plus yesterday was Sharknado 3 day! :D

Anyway... in regards to the Terror Tram. Here is his actual response. Which is quite interesting that it wasn't originally going to get a big announcement like in the past.

pODMvWT.jpg

And as far as the whole "time sensitivity" thing goes, Murdy stated during his previous Q&A that ONLY applied to Crimson Peak. So despite Purge 3 being released next year, its still usable this year. Think of it like a trailer/advertisement for the new movie. Similar to how "Batman v Superman" doesn't come out until next year, but we have 2 trailers already (and Star Wars Episode 7 comes out this year, and we have only gotten 2 stupid teaser trailers <_<  )...

Also, anyone still questioning "This is the End" as a maze, why would me or Galindoverhere put that on our rumored line-up? Its so random & not something anyone would seriously consider, unless you're Murdy. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

^ Exactly. Regardless, it looks like it's happening. Murray does have a lot of scenes to play around with here, i'm seriously question how he's going to work with so many on such a small scale. 

Orlando United mentioned this thread in their latest podcast and bitched to high heaven about the lineup haha. They were surprisingly positive about This is the End.

No mention of Jabbasuckzee but I'm sure they'll be vocal and others will once it's official.

I will say this about those doubting sources: pay attention to what they get right vs what they don't. Locations are difficult, but IPs are even harder. The latter is what you should pay close attention to.

Ok, a little thing to speak of, John has mentoned for the scarezone. He stated that its new and something never done for HHN. He has also mentioned that the Opening Scaremony is coming back but its going to need to have some adjustments for the scaremony to come due to the work going on.

Also, he has mentioned Frequent Fear Passes are coming back and once again, in limited quantity and to keep an eye out for it in august. And, the next house announcement he hopes to be next week.

That'd be cool if they did something with a darker, more sinister look. Like the former Welcome to Hell theme done in the past. Doubt something like that would happen though, bet that it will be more "tame" because of previous guest issues. **sigh**

So I got to thinking (which is usually dangerous)... but I'm trying to figure out how the hell they will do "This is the End" in the Mummy queue. Yea, I'm referring to the big winged demon creature & ginormous finale demon with his lava-filled penis.... Pretty much all of the mazes that have gone in this location in the past haven't exactly required big sets and/or effects. So I'm not exactly sure how this will work. The demon dog attack in the house will be fairly easy since it only needs to be roughly the same size as one of the AWIL werewolves (god those things were horrible last year compared to Orlando's... although it could just be the puppeteers). I'm just at a loss creatively on how it will work... and lets not forget the big gaping hole in the floor effect (although that should be rather simple to pull off)..

The only thing I can think of is Murdy being allowed a lot of "creative freedom" when it comes to designing this maze.

Reactions: chris.g
^ That's my question too, or how *spoiler* they're gonna make the sinkhole/ Michael Cera being impaled scene work. That Lamppost is tall as hell, unless they plan on making it lean back and forth and never stand up right.... Plus the sink hole is ginormous. 

The only way I can see either "giant demon/creature" effect being pulled off is if they used it as the maze façade/entrance... similar to something like this..

Yk7wdks.jpg

kTxkt8r.jpg

speaking of façades, I still can't believe Murdy's crap excuse for not recreating the mansion exterior for Crimson Peak's façade. "Oh if it was scaled down, it would look like a dollhouse"... Has he not heard of "forced perspective"? -_-  So I'm curious to see what they do instead for that...

Most of the mazes for the mummy queue Facade was all Trees, Like evil dead,& silent hill Only time they used a new facade was for Clowns 3d,& They might put the parts into pieces like the spaceship for AVP last year,Murdy said it was allot of work,But he managed to fit inside,Even though the soundstage was pretty big :p