HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
That sounds pretty awesome, but I don't think Orlando's HHN can be called "mediocre" just yet... the entire thing hasn't been officially announced yet after all.

Hollywood's HHN is in definite trouble. The only real positive is not having a WD Terror Tram.

Well keep in mind, my view of Orlando is slightly different due to attending 9 years in a row (2005-2013)... The only thing Orlando really has going for it is B&T (although I'm not loving the plot for this year's show).

The members of A&D (TJ, Rick, Mike, Patrick etc) know I'm hard to please. Its what happens when you actually interact with the fans closely, rather than from behind a twitter account like Murdy. They've gotten to know a select group of us nutjobs very well over the years.

I'd love to go this year since its the 25th, but eh... I'll be bummed about missing out on Jack's show (so many great people in the cast!!), the anniversary house & the anniversary SZ...

Reactions: BruceTheShark
Went to Orlando for pretty much 6 years in a row 2004 - 2010. I really wish I could have made it out there for the 25th but unfortunately it wasn't in the cards this year. That being said, if it's your first time coming from Hollywood, you will love it.

Reactions: Ryan and Wesker69
Regarding HHN USJ:

"- Trauma: Most Fear Experiment Ward ("original" maze for ages 15+ ONLY) - *upcharge experience (NEW FOR 2015)"

hmmmm...I wonder if this is something like the upcharge maze they had at Knott's, where you have to be in a group and take directions from a cast member.  Was there any other information on this maze, and how much was the upcharge cost?

I do think the line-up looks interesting, especially changing standing rides to horror versions (I wish USH would do that with Shrek and Simpsons and Minions).  And I love that it's an all day for one price deal, regular rides during the day, switching to HHN at night.

I will certainly look into cost of traveling down there (and a hotel for the night) from Tokyo.  I've been attending HHN USH every year since 2006 and am interested in seeing how Japan does the event.

Unfortunately, USJ doesn't have an English site (which is just blasphemous torture), so I had to dig here/there to find info due to the minimal translations. It didn't really do a good job of explaining their upcharge/extreme house, but yes... what they have at Knotts would be a good example.

Yes, definitely look into all of it. I believe the experience of their HHN would be totally worth the journey down there.

Well keep in mind, my view of Orlando is slightly different due to attending 9 years in a row (2005-2013)... The only thing Orlando really has going for it is B&T (although I'm not loving the plot for this year's show).
Hey as long as Smaug shows up again I'll be happy. I'm also assuming the plot will be heavily featuring a Jurassic World parody.

Definitely excited to catch Jack's show... this will be my first time at Orlando HHN, but I've studied enough to know that this could be really something.

Reactions: Wesker69
It's interesting that the main halloween horror nights (.com) page has an English link to HHN Singapore (along with Orlando and Hollywood), but no link to Japan HHN.  An English page for Japan would have been nice too since they created one for Singapore.

Reactions: Wesker69
Murdy just said on Twitter that the reason for not having a 7th maze is because of the trams making a return (instead of walking to the metro sets). So it would seem that the Jabawockeez aren't a replacement for a 7th maze. If the load and unload station is where FDTD was last year why not just find another space to put that maze? Just seems kind of lazy. They could have used the Globe theatre or tried to get another soundstage or something. Oh well I guess.

Murdy just said on Twitter that the reason for not having a 7th maze is because of the trams making a return (instead of walking to the metro sets). So it would seem that the Jabawockeez aren't a replacement for a 7th maze. If the load and unload station is where FDTD was last year why not just find another space to put that maze? Just seems kind of lazy. They could have used the Globe theatre or tried to get another soundstage or something. Oh well I guess.
I imagine there is approval he needs to get for each maze location; especially locations that aren't typically used for Horror Nights. I'm sure it isn't as easy as just picking one and starting construction. 

So, why did they decide to bring the trams back this year?  I was getting used to the long walk building anticipation and didn't really mind it at all.  I'm sure some people got annoyed by that, but I'd prefer getting a little extra exercise to losing an additional maze because people don't want to walk.

They could've sacrificed the Globe theatre for a 7th maze (would've been perfect for Classic Monsters, or even Krampus)... Could've even used Waterworld's queue area like they did back in 1997 for "Creature from the Black Lagoon's Monsterquarium" (I believe Murdy's excuse for this location is "Waterworld being too popular & needing it's queue space" :rolleyes:  ). Two perfectly good locations on the Upper Lot..

Since they failed to bring back VIP this year, they could've used Moulin Rouge as a maze location. This would make a 3rd location on the Upper Lot.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention this the other day when the website updated... Why the hell is TWD featured as the main imagery for the event when it is ONLY a maze this year? Yes, yes I know "BIGGEST. MAZE. EVER." :rolleyes:  It doesn't even advertise that. And honestly, if you count the folds of the tent viewing the aerial image, it really isn't that much larger than the other tents (yes I counted). I just think its kinda stupid to be using TWD as the main focus on the site when it isn't for the event.

The Purge: Urban Nightmare SZ is just the same as last year's SZ, only on the metro sets. I feel like this was a missed opportunity to provide something "new" & "original". If the cast has the same energy as they did last year, that will be great. But its still "been there, saw that", especially when we're getting The Purge on the Terror Tram (which SHOULD be amazing).