HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015 | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2015

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite USH HHN Year?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Pre-2006

• Total voters
Going back to what John said about how guests said they'd rather take the tram than walk....

I really think they should do a survey to people going to the backlot about this. I think if they realized it would mean less mazes, I really think the people would opt for walking. I'm honestly not that bummed about us losing a house because the House of Horrors overlay is hardly a loss, but I feel like Universal is pulling off a bait-and-switch. "Don't want to walk? Would you rather take the tram? Okay, one less maze".

Hello everyone !

First, sorry for my English.

We come to the park on Saturday 10 or Sunday, October 11. We would love doing the horror night . As we will go to the park day AND night, we wanted to buy the "combo ticket"(which is SO cheaper than buying 2 day ticket + 2 night ticket).

If we go there Sunday, I think (confirmation? ) we did not need the " Front of line" for the day. But at night, it seems indispensable. I read here that we could upgrade his ticket on the spot (white kiosk) : is that it is possible for the evening ? Someone has already done ? What does it cost finally, because if I made the addition :

- Front of Line Ticket : € 130 ($ 149)

- Day / Night Combo:  € 95 ($ 105)

SO for the whole day

- Purchase day + front of the line night : € 215 (250$) / person

- Combo purchase : €95 ($ 105 + supplement front of line taken on the spot price ??)

Thanks a lot by advance !!!

Going back to what John said about how guests said they'd rather take the tram than walk....

I really think they should do a survey to people going to the backlot about this. I think if they realized it would mean less mazes, I really think the people would opt for walking. I'm honestly not that bummed about us losing a house because the House of Horrors overlay is hardly a loss, but I feel like Universal is pulling off a bait-and-switch. "Don't want to walk? Would you rather take the tram? Okay, one less maze".
My sister and I went last year and she DESPISED the walking. I think if they could give both options it could work but how that could be possible is beyond me currently (unless you run thru courthouse square)... hmm

My sister and I went last year and she DESPISED the walking. I think if they could give both options it could work but how that could be possible is beyond me currently (unless you run thru courthouse square)... hmm
I know quite a few people who weren't fans of the walk to the backlot. I do think that they did a good job of making the trip interesting at least.

If you don't have VIP or Front of Line passes, Horror Nights can be a long night of standing on your feet. I could see the uphill portion of that route being particularly brutal for some. 

Hello everyone !

First, sorry for my English.

We come to the park on Saturday 10 or Sunday, October 11. We would love doing the horror night . As we will go to the park day AND night, we wanted to buy the "combo ticket"(which is SO cheaper than buying 2 day ticket + 2 night ticket).

If we go there Sunday, I think (confirmation? ) we did not need the " Front of line" for the day. But at night, it seems indispensable. I read here that we could upgrade his ticket on the spot (white kiosk) : is that it is possible for the evening ? Someone has already done ? What does it cost finally, because if I made the addition :

- Front of Line Ticket : € 130 ($ 149)

- Day / Night Combo: € 95 ($ 105)

SO for the whole day

- Purchase day + front of the line night : € 215 (250$) / person

- Combo purchase : €95 ($ 105 + supplement front of line taken on the spot price ??)

Thanks a lot by advance !!!
Hello!Yes it is possible to upgrade your ticket on the spot. However, at the moment, I don't know how much exactly it would cost to upgrade your ticket, but I assume that it would be the same price of a regular Front of the Line ticket or less. Hope that helps! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got some time to jump on here and had to pass this info along,... It gave me lulz...

Murdy mentioned on twitter that rehearsals ("scare school") start this weekend. Well the event starts in 24 days and the mazes are STILL not completed yet, with the exception of 'Insidious' (obviously). They're STILL working on props/sets in the warehouse. And nothing has been added to the 4 designated SZ locations yet either. The anxiety has got to be running high right now to get all of this finished within the next 3 weeks.

Finally got some time to jump on here and had to pass this info along,... It gave me lulz...

Murdy mentioned on twitter that rehearsals ("scare school") start this weekend. Well the event starts in 24 days and the mazes are STILL not completed yet, with the exception of 'Insidious' (obviously). They're STILL working on props/sets in the warehouse. And nothing has been added to the 4 designated SZ locations yet either. The anxiety has got to be running high right now to get all of this finished within the next 3 weeks.
Isn't TITE still just nothing but walls? Hopefully everything is running smoothly, and that nothing is half-assed.

No, I believe it is further along than just walls now. I haven't bothered going to the park yet, figured I'd just wait until SZ construction went up so there'd be more to see. Plus you know... crowds.. Hopefully someone will do a construction update soon (*ahem* JPLA).

I wouldn't worry too much about anything being half-assed though.

So like every year since 2010. Got it. 

2013 was like this for a few things. I remember Insidious smelling like wet paint on our initial walk through tour on the day of Employee Preview
El Cucuy was the same way. I got reports of workers being seen right when the people were lined up outside the guests scrambling to put the near-finishing touches on the theater sign for the facade. Add of the Bill and Ted cancellation, 2013 was a chaotic year to say the least.

Hah... should be interesting to see what happens this year then. From what I've heard, the props/sets people will be working Mon-Sat this week, wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to work all week to get everything done in time.

Now for something "fun". Apparently "This is the End" will feature some skateboards with all kinds of UV paint schemes as scenic.... I'll just leave this here  :ph34r:

YTQS2J3.jpg

Its all Murdy knows how to do with 3D it seems. He needs to take a cue from Orlando's past 3D houses (especially 2011's "The In-Between"), except for "Penn & Teller: Newk'd Las Vegas" (2012) since that was totally his style and it was awful. I'll see if I can find out how the maze is executed (although we should hear something from anyone cast in the maze by next week), but I expect it to be brightly painted like a bad acid trip (which I guess kinda fits the theme... if we all did drugs at James Franco's house party) :unsure:

On a completely unrelated note, Universal Japan has a new piece of merchandise they'll be selling this year- "Hello Kitty Chucky" :D

BEWq21H.jpg

Completely unrelated but Orlando just released the rest of their line-ups... And the original mazes have got me fangirling so hard... RUN SET IN HELLGATE PRISON, SCARY TALES DISTRIBUTING ASYLUM IN WONDERLAND COMICS, BODY COLLECTORS IN SHADYBROOKS ASYLUM!!! AAAGAGAGAHAHAHAHAHAGHAAHHAHHAGAH!!!!

Reactions: Wesker69