HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well John said he doubted the extension, I can't remember if he said anything similar last year I think he did but that was quite a while ago, so that could be a no but there could still be a chance

Ah, I went back through the 2015 HHN thread and found it was announced on October 20th.  So before the next-to-last weekend.  I just wonder if 11/4 and 11/5 are going to be considered "after-party" this year or not....

However, those working the event had been told about the "possible" extension in September.  It doesn't seem they are calling the 4th/5th an after party.

Reactions: poppers620
Sorry I took forever to reply, but to the person who was wondering about the Krampus card I got, it was a cartoonish drawing of a wide-eyed nutcracker standing next to a severed finger. I'll post a picture later if I can. 

I just got back from my third round of HHN. I had an amazing run-through on TCM and Halloween. I actually got a couple of descent scares in AHS as well as Krampus. I saw John Murdy walking to TCM. I looked at him almost wanting to say hi to him, but he looked like he didn't want to be bothered. 

For Terror Tram, after two failed attempts, I MANAGED TO GET INTO THE CLOWN'S MOUTH PORTION! YAAAY! I lucked out with the timing of crowd control and got to see the original path from opening weekend all the way through. That made me VERY happy. Didn't really get any scares in there, but I was still happy to finally see it. 

Also, my friend visiting from the UK got to see HHN and he really loved it! We went to daytime USH the day before and he got to see Potter and everything else. We did early entry and all of the houses once and left at 10 because of his jet lag and the bad lines. We were hoping to sneak in a ride on FJ when early entry just started, but unfortunately they were checking to see if you had an early entry wristband and shoo'ed off everyone who did. Look Uni, I know you're trying push the day/night combo, but c'mon. That's a crummy thing to do when you still have a half hour time window. Hopefully they'll just leave Potter open for HHN next year so they won't have to do that. 

Reactions: Allia
What type of Krampus cards has everyone gotten? I've only gone once and got the card below. Curious to see the others!

20161016_130400-1 by Allia F, on Flickr

I got the hand drawn one by Mike Dougherty which is a snow scene with a person lying facedown in blood very small at the bottom of postcard. In his back is a snowflake that had stabbed him like a ninja star

Ah, I went back through the 2015 HHN thread and found it was announced on October 20th.  So before the next-to-last weekend.  I just wonder if 11/4 and 11/5 are going to be considered "after-party" this year or not....

Doubt it. 11/4 & 11/5 were only called the after-party last year because they were announced as a last-minute "surprise" . There has been no mention of the phrase after party used this season at all. The 4th and 5th are going to be treated like any other day of horror nights and will probably be busy because word got around last year of how empty it was. I would be willing to bet money it's treated like any other operating night of Horror Nights. I would not count on them giving you unlimited front of line. By this time last year they were heavily pushing the idea of the after party. if an additional weekend gets announced I can see that being the after party. Otherwise it's just been part of the regular run the whole time.

Reactions: Allia
All plans don't show HHN past the 5th, Grinchmas would be moving in shortly afterwards. At least where the first part of the Gauntlet is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally made it to HHN last night and I'm so pleased!! The only things I skipped out on were Halloween(I'm a cancer survivor, so hospitals are a sore spot for me) and Texas Chainsaw(Messed up my knee and it was giving out by the end of the night). They let us in at 4:30 for early entry and we were able to get Hogsmeade/FJ out of the way before the mazes even opened. After that, we walked straight to the backlot mazes and didn't have to wait in line for anything! We were alone going through Krampus and it was so much fun!! But my absolute favorite was Exorcist. (Shocker. lmao) We got hit with every single scare, though I will say I was very underwhelmed by the pea soup smell. My friend was worried about it and when we got out he said it smelled more like a shoe store than anything!  :p  Also... WHERE WAS "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE" ON JURASSIC PARK?? I was so confused???

I'm probably going back on November 5 and I think this is the first year I've been determined to do multiple nights. Such a solid line up.