HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure how large this scare zone will end up being (if it even happens at all), but it was a rumor passed onto me, however my source has been reliable. 

This is kinda cuts off the idea of a all park "Purge" Scare Zone but either way I would love to see a black and white Universal Monsters Scare zone. Also this scare zone could be with the "doris day" announcement he could be announcing this and "Freddy Vs Jason" since this scare zone would be a huge surprise. But talking about scare zones I think the "The Purge" will be in the backlot, "Universal Monsters" will be in Baker Street ("Dark Christmas" 2014-15), and the Final Voting Scare zone from 2014 "Ghoulz" will be in French Street ("Mask A Raid" 2014, "Corpz" 2015).

Just seeing all the Ghost Busters comments, Bill & Ted in Orlando are going to absolutely TEAR that film apart because of the hate it's received in pop culture. I wouldn't be surprised is their show isn't featured around it entirely. Just makes me miss seeing B&T in Hollywood, I missed it by one night when it was pulled in 2013. Jabbawockeez was cool, but they could really use something in the tone of B&T.

Reactions: ItsAtrap and Ryan
Okay everyone, I have a pretty interesting question; What is the least number of mazes USH has officially had during HHN?

I'm just a little curious. Maybe the answer will date back to when HHN was a new event at Universal. Who knows... but really, who knows?

Okay everyone, I have a pretty interesting question; What is the least number of mazes USH has officially had during HHN?

I'm just a little curious. Maybe the answer will date back to when HHN was a new event at Universal. Who knows... but really, who knows?

If you talking about when Murdy was working and if there is at least one maze or more then 2006 with "The Asylum" and "Universal's House of Horrors" or 1992 with "Maze of Manics" and "Nightmare Alley". If no mazes then 1986.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
So since the scare zones are gonna be done differently this year, does this mean that we might probably get another scare zone in the lower lot again? Or is that completely finished cause of the overcrowded area? Also there was a YouTube video, about speculation, that the uploader must've taken down, but the most upvoted comment on the video, had more than 20 I think, talked about how the area of the backlot, where scare zones from 2013-15, The Purge and Walking Dead, was probably gonna be used for the rumored "eighth" maze. I'm skeptical about that, but only time'll tell when they start constructing more into that area.

So since the scare zones are gonna be done differently this year, does this mean that we might probably get another scare zone in the lower lot again? Or is that completely finished cause of the overcrowded area? Also there was a YouTube video, about speculation, that the uploader must've taken down, but the most upvoted comment on the video, had more than 20 I think, talked about how the area of the backlot, where scare zones from 2013-15, The Purge and Walking Dead, was probably gonna be used for the rumored "eighth" maze. I'm skeptical about that, but only time'll tell when they start constructing more into that area.

Only three mazes will be made for the Backlot, the Metro Drop-off section used from last year and 2013 to get people back from the Metro Sets; the Metro section where TWD and CP have been and in front of the SS 747 Building (they will not be using the Soundstage due to Production use at that time..which makes you realize that 2015 probably was the last year for it to be used for Horror Nights).

Unless you expand to the Courthouse Square; you can only have three over there.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sure the 8 mazes rumor was only that. The idea that was mentioned earlier about a possible scare zone related to Dark Christmas because of the Krampus maze right next to it would honestly make more sense.

Reactions: chris.g
Is it possible that Doris Day may be announced at Comic Con? Or did they confirm HHN wouldn't be there? I only ask cause I know that's where Crimson Peak was announced last year.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sure the 8 mazes rumor was only that. The idea that was mentioned earlier about a possible scare zone related to Dark Christmas because of the Krampus maze right next to it would honestly make more sense.

Tbh, I am not going to be shocked..if it's The Purge as the backlot scarezone again. But, I do have hope that it could happen.

Is it possible that Doris Day may be announced at Comic Con? Or did they confirm HHN wouldn't be there? I only ask cause I know that's where Crimson Peak was announced last year.

If anything, I keep an eye out tomorrow night if Orlando or Hollywood teases anything..

And John already confirmed no courthouse square, booked for a photo shoot right after HHN and they'll have to set up before before hand. 

Yeah..which is interesting, to say the least. If they could, they would have that opportunity to grab Courthouse for Horror Nights, but it just wouldn't happen due to the shooting schedule of the backlot..should be interesting though about next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Orlando wouldn't tease anything if Doris Day is FVJ because that's a Hollywood exclusive seeing as they had it last year. But keep a look out for a teaser soon I'm guessing. Heard from people with the HHN Facebook post notifications on that they were notified of pictures being posted but when they checked there was nothing. Not sure if it was a glitch or maybe a tease posted too soon, we'll have to wait and see

Any pics?

KfR8Jh

The brickwork now confirms that it is Krampus..i wonder how long this will take to the announcement.

I'm curious about the next two weeks, as I think after this weekend; Krampus gets announced next.