HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Looks like the AHS facade is going up and boy do I hate it. I mean I don't know what it looks like from the front but I can tell those are the silhouettes of Twisty and the Rubber Man (I don't watch AHS so no clue who the third person is). Could be better than I expect but from this my expectations are really low.

I'm not really one to care too much about how the facade of the mazes can be. For example, I was honestly not impressed with the "facades" for Silent Hill, Evil Dead, or Crimson Peak, yet those three ended up becoming some of my most favorites mazes of all time at HHN. I am interested with the whole concept of the projection mapping so all in all, I'm apathetic of how the facade for this turns out.

Is anyone else getting scared that this year will be too manikin heavy.

Mannequin or dummy heavy? I'm smelling 2013 all over again.I'm starting to think working on everything is starting to catch up to Murdy a bit. I guess we will find out this week. 

Oh, and I accidentally saw the Freak Show facade. I agree with Foodstamps that it looks "meh". Hopefully the lighting will improve it. 

Mannequin or dummy heavy? I'm smelling 2013 all over again.I'm starting to think working on everything is starting to catch up to Murdy a bit. I guess we will find out this week. 

Oh, and I accidentally saw the Freak Show facade. I agree with Foodstamps that it looks "meh". Hopefully the lighting will improve it. 

My memory of 2013's HHN is sort of a blur, since I felt 2012 and 2014 overshadowed it, so why does everyone keep talking about 2013 in a negative way? I thought the mazes like Black Sabbath 13, Insidious, Evil Dead, and Monster's Remix were good. What exactly made that year the one that everyone here seems to look back at with disappointment or annoyance?

Last edited by a moderator:
My memory of 2013's HHN is sort of a blur, since I felt 2012 and 2014 overshadowed it, so why does everyone keep talking about 2013 in a negative way? I thought the mazes like Black Sabbath 13, Insidious, Evil Dead, and Monster's Remix were good. What exactly made that year the one that everyone here seems to look back at with disappointment or annoyance?

Because it had the best lineup until this year, and only one thing truly delivered. 

Btw I can't believe I butchered the spelling of mannequin so bad

Great lineup but meh execution on some mazes..

2013 was also the year of the Bill & Ted scandal so of course, that counts as a huge strike against it.. :(

Looks like the AHS facade is going up and boy do I hate it. I mean I don't know what it looks like from the front but I can tell those are the silhouettes of Twisty and the Rubber Man (I don't watch AHS so no clue who the third person is). Could be better than I expect but from this my expectations are really low.

This is so lame, expecially considering Twisty was hardly in season 4 and the Addiction Demon even less. Theres much more to the series than those characters.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
This is so lame, expecially considering Twisty was hardly in season 4 and the Addiction Demon even less. Theres much more to the series than those characters.

But those were some of the most recognizable and scariest characters out of the seasons. I feel like it would be less intimidating to have Larry, Dandy, and the Countess or James March as the facade rather than the ones we have now.

I'm wondering if it's better to go the 2nd or 3rd week over the opening weekend? My thinking is things need to be ironed out and that happens during the first weekend.

I'm wondering if it's better to go the 2nd or 3rd week over the opening weekend? My thinking is things need to be ironed out and that happens during the first weekend.

First weeks always get minor adjustments as far as detailing and lighting goes. By the third week the mazes appear more polished up and scare actors are more comfortable with their character and space so it's bittersweet to wait in my opinion.   

Going tomorrow night!! exited and curious to finally put a face on the Exorcist and AHS Facades 

Reactions: ItsAtrap