Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN: XX - When Are You Going?

How'd you manage that?

I'm trying to stay on site for Halloween weekend but it's just absurd.

Every site was giving extremely differing numbers and I had seen the rate I ended up getting come up on AAA a few times.... but when I would go to book it, it would no longer be listed. I Just kept trying over and over again until it came back up. Universal was absolutely worthless on the phone. When I called last night, I had a FL Resident rate listed at $249 online and they were still telling me $300.

No way a room is worth $250-$300 a night.

And I always hated the charge for parking, as a pass holder I could park in the garage for free!

--- Update ---

Just tried throuh Universal and got a rate of $185 a night, at Royal Pacific, for three nights.
They really stick it to you for one night.

To me it is never worth staying on site. I always use priceline, get a really good hotel less than a mile away for $40 a night and I get my free parking with my AP, and I'm golden. I never go the busy times so I never need express to ride the rides, plus they usually have the AP early entrance the first two weekends of HHN like last year as well so I'll get 2 out 8 houses done before the event even opens. So its totally not worth to stay on site unless you have money to burn.

Ahh...so that is the rumored Psycho Scareapy house...I guess your forum name is more than meets the eye :lol:

Its looking like opening weekend is going to be well attended by OU members. I got a decent size group of people going up for that weekend of friends and family, let me know if you guys want to do a meet up? I'm not getting express which is why I go opening weekend.

October 8th!!!!! Plus I'll be going to Spooky Empire that same weekend (mainly to meet Robert Englund) so that'll be extremely memorable. I hope it's great this year!!!

Last edited:
Most of the people who have been multiple times before, yes, usually or later in the month.

Im probably going on October 1st, I still get early entry with my pass that weekend so hopefully I can do all the soundstage houses before the event opens to the GP.

but as far as lines go, would you recommend going opening weekend?

First and last weekend are usually the best. I've never been opening weekend but it's what I hear. I can tell you from my experience the last weekend is awesome. I don't think I've waited longer than 15 minutes for a house.

I went October 2nd last year and it was so awesome. We had an express pass and finished by 11...but it really wasn't that crowded. The longest wait we had was just making it over to the tent houses through that long-ass queue. But I def don't mind walking.

I've gone opening weekend for the last 5 years (skipping HHN 18) and I haven't gotten the express pass. Since I am AP I get 2 houses done before the event starts, and the longest line I had was maybe 30 mins thats it towards the end of the night. The only problem is if you're trying to re-do a house, its harder later in the evening cause the popular houses get longer lines. But since this year is not going to have any known properties like saw, dracula etc.. it should be pretty evenly spread out.

Ugh tell me about it. I saw the regular line for Saw last year...wow. I knew a guy who only went for that house. I'm not a fan of the franchise myself, but damn did that spike attendance.

I think going within the first two-three weekends could be express pass optional. People (mainly the GP) just don't think about things like this beforehand. I live and Tampa, and the big thing here is HOS, because you can go a Thursday night and get a pretty sweet deal on groups of four or more. Even though this exists, people still praise HHN for it's overall scare factor and attention to detail.