Holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New Years day is marginally less crowded than New Years Eve, typically, but still ridiculously busy. Unless you're going to Epcot for their awesome display or DHS to watch the once or twice a year fireworks they do there, stay away from the Disney parks.

Just to clarify, if you go with a party of 4, all 4 have to have an AP. Not just 1.
There will be 2 of us and we both have AP's.

Wait, so if we get into Magic Kingdom and they start doing the phase closes , basically we are not allowed to leave or go to another park?

Sorry to sound dumb, I look on google. I usually understand everything I research but this as basic as it seems leaves me dumbfounded.

- - - Updated - - -

New Years day is marginally less crowded than New Years Eve, typically, but still ridiculously busy. Unless you're going to Epcot for their awesome display or DHS to watch the once or twice a year fireworks they do there, stay away from the Disney parks.
We're going strictly for the fireworks!Sea World didn't have them last year, neither did Universal.

Crap, I was afraid of this. Was reading somewhere that wait times around these Holidays are in the 100 minutes for majority of attractions. Guess I'll just didicate the entire day and night for one of them. Thanks.

100 minutes would seem like a "walk-on" for the major attractions on 12/31. More like 3-hour waits for the Mountains and such.

As for phase closings, expect Magic Kingdom to go to phase 4 before noon--given the crowds this Fall and this week, wouldn't shock me to see it by 11 a.m. My guess is DHS will go to at least phase 3, probably phase 4 after MK fills up, but again, just an educated guess. EPCOT has not closed in over a decade, I don't expect it to this year.

100 minutes would seem like a "walk-on" for the major attractions on 12/31. More like 3-hour waits for the Mountains and such.

As for phase closings, expect Magic Kingdom to go to phase 4 before noon--given the crowds this Fall and this week, wouldn't shock me to see it by 11 a.m. My guess is DHS will go to at least phase 3, probably phase 4 after MK fills up, but again, just an educated guess. EPCOT has not closed in over a decade, I don't expect it to this year.

Well we decided to go to sea world. Just bought some passes today. We just couldn't agree on a very crowded Disney day. Epcot seem like it would be the nicest of the parks to go to with your significant other for New years. JMO.

MK has been phase closing the past two days so you know its going to be a nightmare the closer it gets to NYE. You will still see some heavy crowds at Sea World but shouldn't be as bad as MK

Another thing that I believe I heard was that "capacity" doesn't necessarily mean the park can't hold any more people (per fire codes etc). Capacity more often means that they maxing out the services that they planned for, such as the number of restaurants that they opened and staffed for.