Holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort | Inside Universal Forums

Holidays at the Walt Disney World Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Disney Parks Blog

There’s Always Something New at The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
One of the holiday traditions my family most looks forward to each year is a visit to The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Since the show’s debut in 1995, it has never failed to impress me. Over the years, the display has grown to more than 5 million lights and been enhanced with everything from a complete conversion to energy-efficient LEDs to the addition of images and music from Disney’s “Prep & Landing” television specials. It’s all so tinsel!

The team behind The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights keeps looking for new ways to “plus” the show. This year, Santa Goofy joins the fun, making nightly appearances on the Streets of America. You’ll be able to meet him in Goofy’s Winter Wonderland, a special area set up right in Tri-City Square.

iXiZQLmYclPdW.jpg

Also new is the addition of an eighth song for the dancing lights. Joining returning favorites like “Feliz Navidad” by Jose Feliciano and Barbra Streisand’s version of “Jingle Bells” will be a special arrangement of the classic “Winter Wonderland” by Creative Entertainment Music Director Dan Stamper.

“As we talked about adding a new piece, we wanted to add something lyric and flowing,” said Dan. “To me, the title ‘Winter Wonderland’ meant a time of transformation from hustle and bustle to an elegant beauty. In my mind were images of billowing marshmallow landscapes; where in the city, even the starkest, dark industrial buildings become a thing of beauty with snowcaps and gleaming icicles. The piece grows to a crescendo and then slowly fades as families gather together in their homes to escape the chill.”

Get ready to be dazzled by The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, November 9 through January 6.

From Disney Parks Blog

Unwrapping the Entertainment for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park
Tonight’s the night!

ibgBVIbC40neNI.jpg

It’s time for the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the season at Magic Kingdom Park, and nothing else puts me in the holiday spirit quite like it! All your favorites are back this year – Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, snow on Main Street, U.S.A., “Celebrate the Season” at Cinderella Castle and the Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular in the skies surrounding the park.

Since its debut a few years ago, “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” has become another must-see for my family. We love seeing characters like Buzz Lightyear, Stitch and Mike Wazowski in the show and really enjoy the fun, modern twist on classic holiday tunes.

This year, the Creative Entertainment team is introducing a couple more modern elements that kids of all ages will be sure to enjoy. The popular dance party with Disney characters over at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café is getting a new look and a new name – Club Tinsel. And the Kringle Crew will be keeping everyone entertained on Main Street, U.S.A., while you’re waiting for the parade to arrive.

The Kringle Crew shows up with a “Ho! Ho! Ho!” calling all elves big and small to join them in the street and dance it out like Santa. They’ll teach you moves like the Candy Cane Twist, Hang the Tinsel, the Santa Shake and Drive the Sleigh, all to the tune of “Shake Santa Shake” by Zendaya, from the new Disney Channel Holiday Playlist album. The dance-along soon turns into a sing-along, and the next thing you know, it’s time for the parade.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is being held on 20 select nights between now and Dec. 21. I know my boys will be ready to show off their moves at Club Tinsel and jam with the Kringle Crew. How about you? I can’t wait to see them – and you – out there. Happy holidays!

Went tonight! Great as usual. It was busy though so I didn't get to look thoroughly for the purple cat. I'll be back to continue my search though.

Wanted to go tonight but the wife is still sick, can't wait though!

Here are some vids from the other night:

[video=youtube;pohzthjvXKg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pohzthjvXKg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;sf-jdCJmZyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf-jdCJmZyk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Crap, I was afraid of this. Was reading somewhere that wait times around these Holidays are in the 100 minutes for majority of attractions. Guess I'll just didicate the entire day and night for one of them. Thanks.

This literally is the worst time to go to any of the Orlando parks if you want to avoid crowds, with super long wait times and parks phase closing thru out the day.

Did Sea World last New years it was crowded but very entertaining.

What is phase closing? Would it affect us if we are there early?

The different parks have different phases of closing if they reach capacity but if you are already in the park already then you are gook to go. There is a phase closing thread on the board somewhere that i saw over the holiday. Pretty much just different levels of guests allowed in based on things like APs, resort guests, things of that nature.

Phase 1 - When a park has reached Phase 1 closing, Guests with Magic Your Way Base Tickets or 1-Day 1-Park Tickets, Guests without Theme Park admission, or Cast Members using Main Entrance Passes or Silver Passes to get their families into the parks will be turned around at the Auto Plaza for the park they are trying to visit. Guests that meet the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity.

Phase 2 - When a park has reached Phase 2 closing, Theme Park admission will be limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Annual and Premium Annual Passholders, Guests that are re-entering the park in question today, and "Free Admission on Your Birthday" ticket holders and their guests. All guests not meeting the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity and will be turned away at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 3 - When a park has reached Phase 3 closing, Theme Park admission will be limited to Disney Resort Guests*, Premium and Annual Passholders, and "Free Admission on Your Birthday" ticket holders and their Guests. Guests not meeting the above criteria will be told the park has reached capacity and will be turned away at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 4
- When a park has reached Phase 4 closing, the parks are completely closed to all guests and guests traveling to Auto Plazas will be turned away as well as told the parks have reached capacity.