Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the courses being right there at City Walk, does anyone else think that you'll be waiting a while for a turn at each hole if not to play? At Disney the courses are out of the way from the main attractions so if you really want to play, you have to make the journey to get get to them.

With the courses being right there at City Walk, does anyone else think that you'll be waiting a while for a turn at each hole if not to play? At Disney the courses are out of the way from the main attractions so if you really want to play, you have to make the journey to get get to them.

It's possible, especially during weekends since CityWalk is a hot spot.

This is brilliant! I love the theme, love the idea of a "double feature" B-movie golf course. It's just bad ass.

AND LATE NIGHT GAME PLAY! It's a perfect addition to the resort. With a water park being added too, I'm going to have to add 1 or 2 more days to my UO vacations to do it all.

I love the idea! just not sure how they are going to handle the masses of people wanting to play this.Thousands of people walk through that area an hour. This place is going to be packed...

Maybe I'm just impatient... but remember the flow only moves as fast as the slowest group ahead of you... fellow golfers or anyone that has been on a busy putt putt course can relate. There's always that grandma or 3 yr old taking 16 strokes a hole...

One thing that will help this is the fact that it is going to be so well themed/interactive that you wont mind spending extra time waiting on getting to the next whole.

I love the idea! just not sure how they are going to handle the masses of people wanting to play this.Thousands of people walk through that area an hour. This place is going to be packed...

Maybe I'm just impatient... but remember the flow only moves as fast as the slowest group ahead of you... fellow golfers or anyone that has been on a busy putt putt course can relate. There's always that grandma or 3 yr old taking 16 strokes a hole...

One thing that will help this is the fact that it is going to be so well themed/interactive that you wont mind spending extra time waiting on getting to the next whole.

Or they'll have to have reservation times during weekends/peak season.

Or they'll have to have reservation times during weekends/peak season.

^good idea

Or there will be a line to get in like any other attraction. For example, each course would have a set number of guest allowed in at a time, when a group finishes, then the next group would be allowed to enter. This would assure the experience is enjoyable, and would not overcrowd the guests that are playing.

This sounds awesome! Two greatly themed courses is amazing, and one more than I expected. I like the idea behind the themes, too, this seems like it could be awesome! But I'm surprised, I thought this would be announced May 19th with everything else.

Looks great, love the theme. I'll be looking forward to construction.

As for Valet, I agree that it will just be moved somewhere. Somehow I don't think many peopl ewill like it that a perk of their Ap is taken away.

Disney's golf courses ahve tee times, where when you pay to golf, you get a time to start the course. I'd expect something similar here.

I'm very surprised this was let out before the announcement, but I'm very happy! I love the Sci-Fi Dine in at DHS, and if this is going to be in the same vein this is going to be a perfect mini golf course. I just worry about the crowding due to its location right in front of City Walk. But, I'm sure they wouldn't plan this without keeping that in mind.

I'm very surprised this was let out before the announcement, but I'm very happy! I love the Sci-Fi Dine in at DHS, and if this is going to be in the same vein this is going to be a perfect mini golf course. I just worry about the crowding due to its location right in front of City Walk. But, I'm sure they wouldn't plan this without keeping that in mind.

I was about to say exactly the same thing that this remind me of Sci-Fi Diner which is one of my favorite original ideas at DHS and I think Universal is gonna do awesome with this.

That's what I thought except we don't have to make reservations days out and eat their crappy food! :thumbs: